Create your own fighting game

If there was ever a fighting game, it should go to Konami.

It should be based on constellations & the Olympus twelve.

Or...

How about a fighting game that involves a war between angels and demons?

Give it to Capcom, Sega, Konami or Bandai Namco.

Last edited:
I think there is some sort of rule (might just be frowned upon) about double or in this case triple posting.

that's my thoughts.

Anymore thoughts guys?
Because the fact that no one has posted within his last three posts means that you guys have been brainstorming.

I'm not gonna go as deep as you guys but...

I want Directional influence system like in Smash brothers, where you have to create your combo based on the directional influence they input for the character while they're in hitstun. This makes combos really hype.

I want a meter system like Mortal Kombat. With Chip damage somewhere inbetween no chip, and MK Chip.

Footsies by either fast speed like smash bros melee, or Blazblue. I don't personally find Street fighter footsies very fun.

If there is no chip damage, then the other option IMO, should be a block break over time like either blazblue or smash. Where if you defend too much you're punished for it.

I like Negative penalty in Blazblue where if you back dash too much you get a penalty. It punishes over campy players.

more ways to open up defense/ground game.

Don't make it simple paper/rock/scissors.

Make it where defender has 6 options. Offense player has 3 options.

1 option covers 3 options, but it's extremely lightly reward.

1 option covers defenders 2 options. Gives attacker a medium reward punish.

1 option covers 1 option. Where the attacker is heavily rewarded for a read like this.

Making reads that much more powerful, and if you are afraid to completely lose pressure by going for big damage. you can play safe and cover 3 options, to keep a slight reward in pressure/damage that's better guaranteed.

The character diversity needs to be similar to

the way Arc System does their characters

anyone familiar with Blazblue/ Guilty Gear will know just how incredibly unique each fighter is from eachother. Each matchup is almost like learning a new game.

I don't mind character customization, but I prefer it not to be there.

I like seeing the characters untouched. Just give them a lot of costumes.

I think this is fine actually.

As long as the customization doesn't allow for moveset customization.

that is always a formula for broken.

Preset movesets like in Soul Calibur is fine.

Yes I agree with this. And my fighting game would also have costume customizations like in Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.

I have had the same idea for a fighting game for about four years now.

I haven't thought of a title but here goes it...

Overview
It's a fighting game where all the characters are in Iron Man-esque suits fighting in a tournament to decide who will be granted just about anything they desire more or less...even the resurrection of a loved one through gene-replication and cloning technology. Despite the setting, there is a degree of dark comedy involved.

Developer
I'd rather it be developed by someone fresh. I'd want my game to be completely unique in it's own right.
Why not Capcom?
I feel like they would ruin my game with invincibility frames. I want a visceral experience that keeps people on their toes every second they are fighting. I want the players to feel pressure and strain. Every fight to feel mentally and even emotionally exhausting. I feel like Capcom would not deliver in this respect as far as a fighting game goes. When I play Street Fighter, it's all numbers and I don't want that.
Why not Netherrealm Studios?
NRS does what they do very well. The art style works very well for what they do. It is simply not what I want for an art style. As far as game play goes, I feel like it wouldn't be very balanced for my approach.
Why not everyone else?
They might be able suck my dick if I feel like giving them the privilege of performing suck an awesome deed.

Story
The story takes place on Earth in 2110. The world has plummeted into a state of constant war between the remaining governments and sovereign corporations vying for world domination. Other powers are at play and there is still more I have to work out with the story.

Characters
I could go on and on...so here's a few that I really worked the back-story for.

Kelly "Phoenix" Harper
She worked as an MI6 Agent. When it comes down to loyalty for her country and her desire to live comfortably, she turns her back on her country only to have everything gone awry. At this point, she only had one thing going for her; her beauty. What could she do to play on this but still remain low-key? She turned to stripping. The living was good and the attention was something grand to her. However, when a rookie MI6 agent had stumbled into this exact strip club, the MI6 had her. She was given the ultimatum of investigating the tournament or execution. The decision was too easy...

Xenon Mk.II
Xenon is an android designed primarily for infiltration. She was captured and reprogrammed by a group of spacemen looking to profit from the tournament. However, her emergency recall systems were overlooked. The recall systems engaged and ultimately, malfunctioned. Instead of wiping the new algorithms, both programming algorithms remained in place. She competed in the tournament for two purposes...

Andre "Fixer" Peroit
The twin brother to France's best spy. When Andre's brother found the time to spend, Andre had unwittingly prepared his brother's last meal. As it turns out, his brother had a food allergy neither had known about. Andre was devastated. In his haste to call the authorities, a strange device began to emanate noise from his brother's body. Andre checks the device and discovers what he actually did for a living. He couldn't resist the urge. He assumed his brother's identity only to dig himself in a deeper hole. His assignment; compete in the tournament and win his brother's resurrection.

There are more characters but it would be too much for ya'll to read.

Gameplay
I can't decide on a plane. However, I want to have degradable armor. If that piece is pushed to the point of destruction, the special move associated with it will either not trigger or malfunction.

Stages
I want a stage that is a Corporate Lobby, a Dance Club, a Traditional Tournament Stage, a Battlefield, a Space Station, a Military Bunker and a Car Dealership.

Interface
I want the aesthetics to appear differently for each character. Three bars of meter. Two bars of health. The first bar would be called, Armor Integrity and the second bar would be called Fatal Gauge. Your meter would be called the Reserves.

What can the meter do for you?
The first bar gives you four ticks. Each tick allows you to enhance a special move. Andre's "Sky Hook" which is an air-to-ground move would be enhanced into "Sky Sweeper" to cover air-to-to and air-to-ground. Two ticks used at once gives you the ability to engage in "Tug of War". Tug of War happens when you tech a grab. Normally, you just tech it when you enter mirrored grab input. Tug of War reverse the grab if you win the tug and you do a character-specific counter throw. Using a whole bar let's activate stage-one super. Using two bars gives you stage-two ultra. Using three bars gives you stage-three critical. The critical his a devastating move that ignores armor and goes straight to the health. If it's the killing blow of the last round, you get an opponent specific finisher. You also have the option to use a full bar to break a combo. I still need to work on balancing and all that jazz with the mechanics.

I legitimately want to make this game reality one day. It's kind of a life goal.

Alright, I came up with an idea. I haven't come up with a title yet, but I came up with a premise:

Thousands of years ago, when the world was young, a powerful artifact known as the reality cube was created. This mystical cube allows whoever possessed it control over reality itself. Armies fought in wars for hundreds of years over this cube. The gods had enough of this, and split the reality cube into several pieces, then erased all memory of the cube from people's minds. Centuries later, tales of the reality cube resurface. Each character in the game has found a piece of the cube, and they start fighting each other to put it back together.
The fighting would be an overhead type view, like in shaolin monks, and up to four people fight each other at once. There would be 3 attack buttons: Fierce attack, Quick attack, and normal attack. You would create combos by mixing the 3 attack buttons along with different directions. Dealing long combos would increase your fury meter, when that meter is full, you can press all 3 attack buttons at once to perform a devestator, which is a powerful attack, similar to the final smashes from Super Smash Bros. You could also knock your opponents into hazards in the arena to do damage to them, and occasionally, different weapons will fall into the arena, which each have their own series of combos that you can perform using them.

I may not be knowledged in gameplay. But stories are a little good on my thang.

- Weapons
- Beasts
- Fighting Styles
- Monsters

What else was not tried out?
- Armor
- Psychic Powers
- Alchemy
- Magic

As much as I like this thread, there is no point in bumping this thread if nobody else wants to contribute for whatever reason.

As for themes listed, all of them, with the possible exception of alchemy, have been explored to some extent in at least one fighting game.

My game would be based on complete realism but with very brutal kills that involve a person still being split in half with a saw or even the use of physical strength to rip off a head. NO powers, mythical creatures, and such.

Mine would be based on realism. So real that many gamers would become serial killers. Imagine Manhunt with a bunch of nasty chicks that kill guys in gruesome ways in style of a fighting game. Imagine it like being "Basic Instinct". ;)

I'd recreate Deadliest Warrior. It'd have all the types of warriors and legendary people from the past to the present. I'd also add warriors that have not been mentioned or noticed in the TV series as well.

Other features...
- Character Creations
- Characters will have their signature weapons and have at least one unique finisher with EACH weapon plus an unarmed fighting style that also has one finisher.
- Fighting styles include unarmed, short ranged weapon, long ranged weapon, and projectiles.
- Characters will also have SPECIAL finishers such as Hannibal summoning an elephant to crush his opponent or Vlad the Impaler using a long wooden steak (which is none of the weapons he uses during combat) to vertically impale the victim.
- Characters will also have special moves involving extra projectile attacks or strong melee attacks.
- Limbs can still fall off from arms.
- Random weapons (not what characters already have) around the environment can be picked up by anyone and have one finisher each per weapon. For example, if Joan of Arc pics up a chainsaw, she splits the victim vertically in half. The same with what Vlad or any warrior would do if they pick up the same weapon.
- To make things fair, their would be rage meters to determine if a character can to a finisher.. If the character's meter is full, than that player can perform a finisher.
- Some environments have hazards as well, causing some instant deaths in the last round.
- Dismemberment and all finishers only work on the last round. If a meter is full in an early round, it can be used for enhanced attacks (mostly melee) but not finishers.
- All notable characters from the original games will appear with additional warriors and even serial killers.
- Creature characters such as a zombie will not have weapons but will have their own enhancements over human characters. The creatures can still pick up weapons from the environment though and use them.

Some Characters:
- Ninja
- Samurai
- Rajput
- Navy Seal
- Marine
- Taliban
- Vlad the Impaler
- Joan of Arc
- Jeffrey Dahmer (Serial Killer)
- Ed Gein (Serial Killer)
- Sun Tzu