The Evil Dead (Remake)

HamatoYoshi

At NYCC, the trailer for the new Evil Dead remake was shown and the first image has been posted on the internet.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...il-dead-remake-reactions-to-the-gory-trailer/

Evil_Dead_Hi_rez_NYCC_10_13_12.jpg

Lonmonster reports:

“The image on screen of Evil Dead, shows a Jane Levy crawling out of the infamous cellar door. She is undead, covered in cuts, yellowed eyes, and it looks horrifying.

Why did they decide to do a remake? Bruce Campbell explains: “These people want hot thespians covered in buckets in blood with a new director hand-picked by Sam Raimi himself. You need horror with blood flowing down the screen. You can be the judge, but we did not screw you over.” Fede adds: “I wanted to make a movie with horrible fear, the gore, the violence, that’s what we wanted in the new one. It’s hardcore horror, brutal violent, gory.”

Then the footage was shown!

“Starts with camera going into forest in the Sam Raimi POV style from the original. The group of friends uncover the cellar door, which is already smeared with blood. They open the book of the dead and it cuts again to the first person camera. He reads from the book and then everything goes crazy with quick shots. A voice over says “We’re all going to die tonight”. The dead rise from the ground, and they look amazing, wet, bloody, and scary. Cuts to a girl slicing her mouth open with a knife, then someone on fire screaming, and then to someone chopping off their arm with a chainsaw. There was a tease of Jane Levy being held by vines, slowly crawling up her legs. Cuts to a dead girl splitting her tongue in half with a rusty blade.

It honestly gave me chills because of how much promise it offers. One thing’s for sure, Fede Alvarez knows how to shoot horror.

It’s one of the best trailers I’ve seen in years.”

Note: Jane Levy left the stage because she was scared. Apparently all the character names, when put together, spell something out, according to Fede.

I'm just hoping they keep the humor aspect of the series in this remake. Evil Dead isn't Evil Dead without cheesiness and laughs.

Agreed about the cheesiness of the movie. I grew up watching The Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and AoD. I still watch them constantly to this day. I really really love these movies. So by reading that quote, this remake gives me hope. I'm glad that Sam actually hand picked the director too, instead of just some random douche.

Anyways. I'm pretty excited about this movie. Not many movies (especially remakes of all things) anymore, so hopefully this wont be let down. I will definitely be seeing this movie at midnight with my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hollywood can suck my balls.

They just keep remaking everything. There is also a remake of Carrie coming out.

How about leaving the classics alone and making something NEW?

If the people of this generation want to see the movies, have them watch the old ones and see what made them great in the first place.

Fck remakes.

I don't think it looks bad, but I can already tell from the trailer that this remake wont have the charm and feel to it like the original had.

I saw the Carrie trailer when I went to go see PA4. I won't be seeing that one.

Hollywood can suck my balls.

They just keep remaking everything. There is also a remake of Carrie coming out.

How about leaving the classics alone and making something NEW?

If the people of this generation want to see the movies, have them watch the old ones and see what made them great in the first place.

Fck remakes.

Damn, this is on point with what I was going to say.
I couldn't agree more.

Even though Bruce Campbell produced it:
No Ash, No Thanks.
The whole thing that made the Evil Dead movies great was the corny, cheesy, humor that Ash added to that.
Having an Evil Dead remake without Ash is like having a Jaws reboot without the shark.
DO. NOT. WANT.

ZHA0QXY4aTY0OEEx_o_ace-ventura-pet-detective-einhorn-is-finkle-finkle-is-.jpg

Just watched the trailer, because I had the mentality Arakynd had. This is exactly why I never watched Terminator Salvation, because it didn't have Arnold.

BUT, Johnny has a point. I'd rather have no Ash, than Ash, but him not being Bruce Campbell.

I wasn't planning on seeing this movie, but my friends want to go, so I decided to tag along this upcoming Friday. I know it's not going to be on par with the originals, because like Araknyd said, it won't have that 80s cheesy and corny feel. Also, the scenes with Ash like when he loses his mind and starts laughing with all the objects.

The remake looks complete dark and gritty, like I expected. Doesn't look like it'll bring a single chuckle or smile to anyone's face, like the original trilogy did.

Evil Dead 2 was the first horror movie that I actually enjoyed, and the only horror series I enjoy, along with The Thing. Horror movies don't scare me, they don't entertain me. But Evil Dead and The Thing were always awesome to me. The Thing made me love it because of the awesome and creative Sci-Fi plot, and amazing suspense, while Evil Dead just has that awesome 80s charm, that this Remake WONT have.

But, whatever. I just hope the remake will be entertaining. Not expecting it to reach the awesomeness of Evil Dead 2.

It won't be groovy.

Just watched the trailer, because I had the mentality Arakynd had. This is exactly why I never watched Terminator Salvation, because it didn't have Arnold.

BUT, Johnny has a point. I'd rather have no Ash, than Ash, but him not being Bruce Campbell.

I wasn't planning on seeing this movie, but my friends want to go, so I decided to tag along this upcoming Friday. I know it's not going to be on par with the originals, because like Araknyd said, it won't have that 80s cheesy and corny feel. Also, the scenes with Ash like when he loses his mind and starts laughing with all the objects.

The remake looks complete dark and gritty, like I expected. Doesn't look like it'll bring a single chuckle or smile to anyone's face, like the original trilogy did.

Evil Dead 2 was the first horror movie that I actually enjoyed, and the only horror series I enjoy, along with The Thing. Horror movies don't scare me, they don't entertain me. But Evil Dead and The Thing were always awesome to me. The Thing made me love it because of the awesome and creative Sci-Fi plot, and amazing suspense, while Evil Dead just has that awesome 80s charm, that this Remake WONT have.

But, whatever. I just hope the remake will be entertaining. Not expecting it to reach the awesomeness of Evil Dead 2.

It won't be groovy.

Terminator Salvation did kinda have Arnold in it. I think this remake will be about as goofy as the first evil dead, had goofy moments but was more of a horror movie. I really want it to be good, but I'm gonna try to not have any expectations so I won't get disappointed, but after reading that Bruce, Raimi, and Robert Tapert were involved, I got a bit excited. That and the trailer didn't look bad.

Edit:
Going to rephrase what I said. I think this remake is going to take itself more serious as a horror film like the first one tried to be a more serious horror film. It'll prolly still have some goofiness too it, but I think it's gonna try to be scary.

That could end up hurting it

Last edited:
Picked up Evil Dead: Ultimate Edition today since it was on sale for 12 dollars. It's a pretty awesome 3-disc set, that comes with a post as well, that I'm considering framing.

Also picked up Army of Darkness for six dollars since it was on sale.

I already have Evil Dead 2, but it's the HD version on Xbox, so I'm going to get the DVD version as well.

Triple post. Just saw the remake and WOW what an awesome reference to Evil Dead 2 and what a twist! So much awesome and well done blood and gore

Saw it earlier with a friend of mine, and it's pretty good. I think they were going for the serious horror side and instead of the cheesiness and humor side of the film. Mad crazy showing everything that a vacation somewhere can go definitely wrong in a worse way ever possible. And I think this remake looks like it can go before the original Evil Dead took place story-wise.

Awesome film. I cannot wait for the next one and Army of Darkness 2. I really hope they manage to do a film which ties the narratives of both characters.

Not going to see it. Sticking with the original trilogy. I'll spend the rest of the decade telling folks who have seen this remake to go watch the original trilogy.

Hollywood can kiss my ass.

Bought the movie on DVD and watched it, so it was my third time watching it.

Cracks me up because I'll never get used to the part when the teacher's hand gets split by the crowbar. I cringe heavily every time, but that's what makes it fun! The DVD also has some pretty awesome special features that give a lot of insight on how hard it was for some of the actors.

Fun fact:

Spoiler:
When David was burying, and digging up Mia, she was ACTUALLY buried alive, underground but in a box because the director wanted the scene to be more emotional. He didn't want David speaking to an empty plain ground so he asked Jane Levi (Mia) if she would be willing to do it.

Jane Levi went through A LOT of shit to be in this movie. She even cursed at a cameraman once because she was getting so irritated, but she apologized soon after. It's also hilarious to see her in the evil make-up and everything, speaking normally. One of the craziest things to see is that they took a 5-minute shot of her, just twitching and acting as crazy as she could until she couldn't do it anymore. She was quite the trooper. She said she was curious to test her body physically, and mentally because she didn't want to go insane due to the part, like a Health Ledger type of deal with the Joker.

Spoiler:
Her reaction on the scene where she threw up on Olivia was hilarious. She felt like she was going to go to hell because it just felt so wrong. According to her, it was the hardest scene to do, mentally because well, she was basically like drowning her in that red mush.

When you watch the special features, it's amazing to see the amount of work they put into the gorey effects and make-up. And when the director explains how they improvise stuff, you'd never guess that in some scenes where body parts went flying, it was literally just the director chucking it across the room :laugh: