The Zombie Apocalypse

BBBLP

Robot Rock
A very popular topic on the internet.

Try to be realistic about it. Don't say you'd get a lazer minugun and kill everything.
If the zombie apocalypse were to happen the moment you read this, how prepared would you be? What would be your instant instinct? Would you hole up and hope for the best, would you go out and scavenge before things got worse? Do you know the routes to your local gun shop? Do you already have guns?

So many factors.

Other than a baseball bat, an axe, and a knife, I don't have much in the way of weapons. I got an pneumatic air rifle, but it's only good for killing small animals like rats. The gates might be able to keep them out for a while. There some grocery stores nearby for food. There are small lizards around my property if things get desperate, but those bastards are not easy to catch. The biggest concern is not just the zombies, but other people who see me as competition for supplies.

Well I think I'll be kinda screwed cause the only supplies I can find would be cleaning supplies. Instead, I would try to find a bus on my campus and drive off but I seriously doubt that shit

I used to stay with a friend a lot and his roommate used to say "Get a horse for the Zombie Apocalypse! They don't require gas, and you know that's gonna run out"

Horses die, dipshit.

In terms of defense, between myself and my friends...I'm prepared. Considering lately I've been thinking about filling a few drums with gasoline (I'm expecting $5-6/gal gasoline soon, considering the distress in the Strait of Hormuz), I might even have the fuel situation squared.

Also, when ammo runs out, that's why they invented the Louisville Slugger. :D

Before I start answering, BBBLP how much of the population is already infected?

Is it just my area (starting) and spreading.

Did key people get infected in locations all over the world for an almost simultaneous mass infection?

Because depending on the situation I'd do different things.

If I'm in the Dark and all I know is a few hundred people are infected and eating eachother within my neighborhood...

Well assuming they didn't get into my garage, I would board up my car windows, and first try to drive to a military base nearby knowing they are probably better equipped than most other places. Or at the least hang out near a tank or something in hopes a military official will tell me what the plan is.

Before I start answering, BBBLP how much of the population is already infected?

Is it just my area (starting) and spreading.

Did key people get infected in locations all over the world for an almost simultaneous mass infection?

Because depending on the situation I'd do different things.

If I'm in the Dark and all I know is a few hundred people are infected and eating eachother within my neighborhood...

Well assuming they didn't get into my garage, I would board up my car windows, and first try to drive to a military base nearby knowing they are probably better equipped than most other places. Or at the least hang out near a tank or something in hopes a military official will tell me what the plan is.

Alright, I'll add some factors into it.

The outbreak was due to a military chem truck accident. Base the initial zombie population on how much traffic your town/city's busiest street usually gets.

The zombies don't have super human abilities. However they still have basic motor skills so that can clumsily run.

Can infect with bites or scratches.

Military is in a Cut All Losses state. Will shoot survivors on sight to stop risk of possible infected. However they aren't patrolling.

Alright, I'll add some factors into it.

The outbreak was due to a military chem truck accident. Base the initial zombie population on how much traffic your town/city's busiest street usually gets.

The zombies don't have super human abilities. However they still have basic motor skills so that can clumsily run.

Can infect with bites or scratches.

Military is in a Cut All Losses state. Will shoot survivors on sight to stop risk of possible infected. However they aren't patrolling.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make a super post here soon on my exact actions.

I would first use my "Hunk" cosplay gear I have to "hopefully" prevent viral pathogens in the air to get into my lungs.

aka gasmask/armor to protect me from cuts/bites.

I have no guns however, If they base things on "senses" anyways I wouldn't really want to use a gun much anyways. Sound would/might attract more zombies.

For weapons I would use things like Hairspray+Lighter as a makeshift flamethrowing taped onto a leaf blower to shoot flames.

or take all my batteries and wire a steel tipped rod as sort of a spear/tazer.

Probably use kitchen knives as a last resort. I'd rather stay far away than fight upclose.

So I'd use more broom sticks with knives strapped to the ends so you got some range and can avoid being grabbed. I would try to find any people in houses.

I'm going to assume that the military is strongly thinking about just bombing the entire town after they put up a containment to make sure it doesn't spread.

So I'd try to take ways out of town that doesn't involve roads and on feet and try to convince surviving people hopefully with weapons. And try to as a group get out of town by foot through the woods. The streets would probably be full of traffic jams anyways. So i'd have to take the danger of forest infected animals. Than to sit in traffic until a possible bomb hits. I'd try to escape via unorthodox direction that they wouldn't think to contain aka an opening in their line.

anyone who was fine at the start and suddenly becomes sick. I'll do my best to convince that person that their living is a huge risk to other's safety and if they would accept death before becoming a zombie.

If they refused. I'd have them away from the rest of the group. Until they turned, then kill them. I don't want it to spread outside of town which is why I'm trying to convince people to volunteer their life when they think their infected.

It sounds cruel, but when situations like this get disgusting, sometimes to save lives, you gotta do cruel things like convincing someone to end their life.

People will use the "What if we can cure them?"

How about we survive then maybe as mankind we can capture some and figure that out later? hoping for a longshot cure isn't a logical way of trying to survive a horror scenario.