3G and Wi-fi thing

rocky

BANALITY
hiya

im thinking of getting a ps vita just for mk. im a little confused on the 3G and Wifi thing though and hope somebody can shed some light. i really like the idea of having mk9 at the palm of my hand and be able to play it online versus anywhere anytime

so whats the deal with the 3G and wifi thing? im guessing that the wifi is where you type in a code from a hotspot then you can play online? i work at a place that has a internet cafe and a wifi hotspot so using this at work should be fine with wifi am i right? sorry i dont know much about wifi and never used it

but what if i wanted to drive to the middle of nowhere, say 7 or 8 miles from home and pull up in a random car park at 3 in the morning and play, i would not know a wifi code so im guessing that this is where the 3G thing would come in handy? is that right?

sorry im just guessing here on how it all works. if you have any experience using one on the move id love to hear how and if it works well

cheers

3G gives you access to the internet pretty much everywhere, but it's not free and you'll have to subscribe to AT&T, it's mainly used for small data transfers such as texting and fb. MK does not support 3G, it's wi-fi only, that means you'll have to use your wireless connection at home or connect to a hotspot.

This is why I bought the wi fi over 3G. For now 3G is just a fancy word for - expensive online data anywhere -- not online gameplay since it's not supported by morst of the major releases.

3G gives you access to the internet pretty much everywhere, but it's not free and you'll have to subscribe to AT&T, it's mainly used for small data transfers such as texting and fb. MK does not support 3G, it's wi-fi only, that means you'll have to use your wireless connection at home or connect to a hotspot.

That's incredibly stupid, lol.

If I got a PS Vita I wouldn't get 3G.