Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official GTA V Thread

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

The Official GTA V Thread

Because I don't know if we had one/where it went.

Some new info and screenshots!

And some awesome leaked info right here!

http://www.examiner.com/article/mass...kstar-employee

Spoiler for Leaked info from Ex-Rockstar employee:

Hello!

I am a friend of someone who recently got sacked from RockStar North for general misconduct. Because one contract to RockStar covered everything, including secrecy, and his contractual obligaton was now removed, he was legally allowed to spill the beans on Rockstar's upcoming GTA V. And he is making damn sure everyone knows about it.

Here is the info you really want:

1. The protagonist will be one character, and one character alone. His name is (as some rumours said) Albert De Silva. He's a half hispanic man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to settle down and have kids in Los Santos. He has one son called Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical CoD player. He's lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and is really into FPS games. Kevin does admire his Dad though.

2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn't told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponary. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.

3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it's a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities).

The map is (like most GTAs) seperated into three different sections. 4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.

5. Cars and guns are customisable to an extent, for example, you can cusomise a gun to have a supressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.

Here's some stuff you might like:

1. The protagonist is the "rich guy" from the GTA V debut trailer. You get to learn more about this man in the second when he talks about his troubles. You only see the protagonist twice in the trailer. First time is the side of his face and second time is when he is driving a Deceptor ( Audi R8 ). The people robbing the jewellery store are just with the protagonist. He is driving the van ready to get away.

2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it's going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.

3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.

4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs. 5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.

6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio. 7. The in-game TV now has many more channels

8. The protagonist DOES NOT die unlike in the last two Rockstar games.

9. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute too by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.

10. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the streetwalk will lead to getting a one star wanted level.

11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.

Wanted levels:

1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).

2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.

3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it.

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

Grand Theft Auto and Resident Evil > Your Favorite Game Series

Unless of course your favorite is one of those. Because that equation just wouldn't make any sense.

Special Forces Agent
    Xbox Live
    THE JOHNNY ROOK
    Steam
    THE_JOHNNY_ROOK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: The Official GTA V Thread

Saw that earlier. This game is high on my radar. Try not getting to hyped about it because the wait will be antagonizing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

so, will you get wanted if you go through a red light? oh and will your cars run out of gas?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xbox Live
    Stonecoldmaniak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

first day buy for me

-sig banner by me

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Dat valley.

I usually stay away from GTA because a strictly urban/suburban setting bores me. But that hang gliding picture. It fills me with curiosity.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    Dat ass.

I usually stay away from GTA because a strictly urban/suburban setting bores me. But that biking picture. It fills me with curiosity.
    Fixed.

Running out of gas would be cool Destroyer13 but getting wanted for running a red light seems to be annoying.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

how about having to do an oil change?, or wait i think im going too far with this.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emperor of Outworld Metal Overlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How about food stamps

Shaolin Monk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if we'll run our own criminal empire like in Vice City Stories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those graphics look either high end pc or next gen. That's really impressive. I hope they take cues that made red dead redemption fun with exploring and having random missions that happen. Coming across a serial killer with mangled bodies just camping in the desert and bounty hunting was just too much fun.

Tarkatan Warrior
    PSN
    hotsupra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those graphics impress me, but I hope they concentrate on multiplayer this time, specially the multiplayer missions.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shirayuki Mizore For This Useful Post:

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Oh man, that river is beautiful.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Dat Lambo. I can already imagine getting hella blood on it and crashing the shit out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Dat Lambo. I can already imagine getting hella blood on it and crashing the shit out of it.
    Was thinking the same thing lol running people over with that physics engine just never got old.

Tarkatan Warrior
    PSN
    hotsupra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We need a release date asap.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

****ing amazing.

PSN
    thelombax
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

GTA V is gonna be GameInformer's December cover game:

https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/status/256446546739068928

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ft-auto-v.aspx

Gonna be a heck of a Christmas issue.....

GTAV confirmed for Spring 2013 release.

Also:

I love GTA artwork
    Last edited by Jade; 11-08-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: double post

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mkray41 For This Useful Post:

PSN
    chainedfreedom
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Pretty excited for this. I love the fact that we still don't know much about the game. I'm just getting more excited. I've got a feeling i'm gonna love this one, unlike GTA 4. Mainly because it isn't so grey.

MK9 Mains: Kano, Cage, Ermac.
    TTT2 Mains: Violet/Wang

PSN
    thelombax
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I liked GTA 4 even though it had more of a serious tone; it still had its funny moments though haha.

There's a new trailer coming out soon; it would have been released earlier but Hurricane Sandy affected one of their offices.

Preorder incentives

These are some pictures from the viewfinder thats a preorder exclusive:

Last edited by Jade; 11-08-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: double post

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information