The Official GTA V Thread

viewmedia_345572_origp5j8g.jpg

I wish she was doing a duck face....

Can't wait for V!

I'm scared of how much money I'm gonna spend on games in 2013, like seriously lol.

Anyone else notice the girl getting arrested is wearing a Love Fist shirt? Interesting...

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), is very proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide during spring 2013 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious title in the series to date. Set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and the surrounding area, Grand Theft Auto V delivers a world of unprecedented scale and detail bursting with life, from mountaintops to the depths of the ocean.

"Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we've learned about open world game design," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We can’t wait to share it with fans."

Beginning November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will be available for pre-order in stores everywhere. For all other information and updates on Grand Theft Auto V including the latest trailers, please visit http://www.rockstargames.com/V/.

This probaly won't happen, but I hope some GTA 4 characters make an appearance in this.

I hope so too; not a bunch of them, but just a few cameos here and there hopefully.

So the game is just mostly gonna be in Los Santos?

Pretty much; its Los Santos and the surrounding areas, but its not a reskin of San Andreas.

New image:
qx6ahjpg-19cf8e_800w.jpg

Also, the digital version of GI (Game Informer) should be released tomorrow, so that's more GTA info there; its over 18 pages apparently lol. Plus the GI website will have some info about it tomorrow too.

CoverReg610.jpg

Some info from the mag:

Will have three playable characters -- Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Players will switch between characters “constantly” with a single button press, allowing them to see missions from different perspectives.

Michael is a retired bank robber in his early 40s who is now in the witness protection program, and whose wife has burned through his substantial fortune, causing him to get “back into the game.”

His friend Trevor, the second protagonist, is around the same age as Michael and described as a “drugged out psychopath” who's a career criminal and prone to violence.

The final character, Franklin, works as a repo man and is younger, in his mid 20s. Franklin is described as "the young and capable one of the bunch." All three come together to perform heists, which are described as “a big theme in the game.”

Players will experience missions as different combinations of the three characters, and each will have a different skillset. For example, in one heist mission, Michael rappels down the side of a building while Franklin uses a sniper rifle from afar and Trevor flies in a helicopter above. Players can switch back and forth between Michael grabbing a target inside the building or Franklin trying to snipe enemies inside. Once you escape, the player can choose to fly the getaway helicopter as Trevor, snipe other pilots as Franklin or fire a gun from the back of the vehicle as Michael.

Rockstar has also changed driving mechanics, noting that cars “hold to the ground a bit better” and have “a little more physics on them,” making driving feel more like a racing game. Shooting and melee combat have also been improved, as have pedestrian models (some pedestrians have now been mapped using motion capture for more realistic movement).

Characters can be customized by changing clothes, but height and weight customization isn’t included. The phone will also return for obtaining important info, but will now be more modern, with features more like what you'd see on a smartphone. Some items previously only accessible from the phone in Grand Theft Auto IV will simply be accessible on the map.

Each character will have their own social circle -- Michael has his wife and son (Amanda and Jimmy), Franklin has a "crazy friend" named Lamar and Trevor has a paranoid conspiracy theorist friend named Ron. Separately from missions, players will be able to switch between characters and see them living their daily lives. You'll be able to switch between characters at any time when you're not in a mission. Each character also has unique hobbies that only they can participate in, though Rockstar is still "ironing out all the details" on exactly what those will entail. There also won't be romance in the game as there was in Grand Theft Auto IV, and while there will be multiplayer, Rockstar hasn't released details just yet.

Los Santos will be the biggest open world in Rockstar's history, "bigger than Read Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV and San Andreas combined." Players will also be able to explore underwater areas of the city.

Players won't be able to own real-estate, but there will be plenty of other things for them to spend their money on. There will also be appearances from characters from Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City -- just not major characters like Niko Bellic. Rockstar explains that the five Grand Theft Auto games on PlayStation 2 are one universe, while Grand Theft Auto IV and V exist in a separate, "high definition universe," so don't expect to see C.J. or Tommy as there won't be any crossovers.

Sounds like a pretty fresh idea; can't wait to see the new trailer on the 14th. Kinda disappointed that there won't be any GTA VC or SA characters, but they didn't rule out GTA IV characters. I think Packie will make an appearance though; at the end credits of GTA IV Packie boarded a plane and left Liberty City. Just speculation on my part but I hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to specify the Ballad of Gay Tony, not the GTA IV main story credits :oops:

Look @10:35 of this vid (end credits of Ballad of Gay Tony) then 13:02.

10:35 shows Packie leaving a taxi and going to an airport; then 13:02 shows him leaving. Plus at the end theres a giant V under the plane, which is either a tease or R* just screwing w/ us lol.

Also, is it just me or do those 3 guys look like older versions of Claude, CJ, and Tommy lol.

Oh I remember that, lol.

I was gonna say... :laugh:

I remember that easter egg where Kate can call you for a date, even though she's dead. She's wearing her funeral clothing when you pick her up.

I thought the guy from the trailer was Tommy so I am kinda sad :C

I don't remember that one lol; I was too busy dating Carmen :love:

Dat 3rd person talk and dat accent...

Don't judge me...

"White trash is so IN!" :rofl: I got tired of hearing that Paris Hilton knock off talking after the first date lol. Plus she posts blog of every date, though those are pretty funny too lol.

Kiki is straight up nuts though; she even stalks you if you date someone else :rofl:

Have you invited a prostitute in when you're driving w/ her? She actually starts fighting her lol.

Personally, I think the best times w/ the girls are when you get them all drunk. Those convos are hilarious.

Yeah, drunk Roman is prob the best drunk character in the game haha. Jacob is probably the funniest too, mostly b/c he gets even harder to understand if you don't have subs on.

Man, I bet the activities in GTA V are gonna be even better/funner lol.

I hope a city that big doesn't end up being too much. I personally preferred smaller maps with a lot to find like red dead redemption. I can't even imagine what this one is gonna be like in game. Hopefully it plays smoothly too and isn't full of pop ups and frame rate problems but rock star usually delivers.

Excited as BALLS for GTA V.

I have no idea how people hated GTA IV. That game was tits from start to finish.