What Grinds your Gears, part 2

^ "Turn up" as in to arrive? Or does it mean something else in the US?

I hate labels. I honestly hate being labelled emo (because I am not anything close to it) just because of some of the music I listen to, or because of the way I looked when I was like... 15.

^ "Turn up" as in to arrive? Or does it mean something else in the US?

I hate labels. I honestly hate being labelled emo (because I am not anything close to it) just because of some of the music I listen to, or because of the way I looked when I was like... 15.

Turn up can mean a lot of things.

It can refer to drinking or smoking or to get hype at a party or get hype pretty much anywhere

People who look down on other people's opinions, grinds my gears.
This tends to be the biggest trend these days among lots of social circles (especially online), but even offline too.

"Someone doesn't agree with me, so their opinion is apparently wrong."

someone is wrong.png

The best offline example I have is one of my brother-in-laws, who puts down just about any opinion that my wife or I have, if it isn't something that's expensive or wastes money, because we're trying to be a bit more frugal, and save up better for our future.
It's the same feeling of "WTF?!?" as when someone fat tells you that your workout plan and healthy eating habits suck. (Uh, ok. Sure)
I know that it shouldn't bug me as much it does, but why the hell do people have to be such assholes these days?

People who look down on other people's opinions, grinds my gears.
This tends to be the biggest trend these days among lots of social circles (especially online), but even offline too.

"Someone doesn't agree with me, so their opinion is apparently wrong."

View attachment 6247

The best offline example I have is one of my brother-in-laws, who puts down just about any opinion that my wife or I have, if it isn't something that's expensive or wastes money, because we're trying to be a bit more frugal, and save up better for our future.
It's the same feeling of "WTF?!?" as when someone fat tells you that your workout plan and healthy eating habits suck. (Uh, ok. Sure)
I know that it shouldn't bug me as much it does, but why the hell do people have to be such assholes these days?

This this and THIS!!!

Many should realize that in THIS FORUM!!!

Especially against me!

Haven't people also notice I DON'T look down on their opinions even when they look down on mine?

I disagree on opinions and give my explanations but I don't say "it sucks" nor "BOOO".

Looking down on opinions with comments like "you suck" or "BOOO" should have the same consequences as flaming!!! Wait, that is pretty much like flaming.

I'm not mentioning names here but I know who they are and they definitely know who they are!

Looking down on opinions with comments like "you suck" or "BOOO" should have the same consequences as flaming!!! Wait, that is pretty much like flaming.

Booing is not flaming. Unless you can prove that it is...

I boo the likes of the Red Sox, Redskins, Eagles, and Lakers in my personal life. Why can't I boo ideas I don't like on here?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Booing is not flaming. Unless you can prove that it is...

I boo the likes of the Red Sox, Redskins, Eagles, and Lakers in my personal life. Why can't I boo ideas I don't like on here?

You can say "I disagree" and then your reason. Booing is another way of saying, "You suck". "Booing" is an INSULT! Insult = Flaming!!!

You've said worse than that and I wish I could've saved and remember them but it's useless now.

I'm sure there are more people who know how you guys treat me at times than just me. But it's ok. I'm used to biases against me anyways wherever I go. Some people are never going to grow up. Instead, they'd rather insult for their entertainment because someone else stands out. I get it. It's old news. Annoying but I'm becoming more numb to it. When someone has an opinion that stands out (like me) other people (some of you guys here) would attack because you hate it. And as I mentioned above, there are ways of saying things and it will distinguish insults vs just disagreements. But again, it's either many of you guys are purposely pushing my buttons or you guys not being taught how to respect others (in this case, other people's opinions).

Keep this in mind.

Many people just need to grow up.

I don't want to fight/argue. I just want EVERYONE to realize that it's not ok for the "you suck" comments or anything related to it because they are insults.

I'm saying this for this forum to be better.

Last edited:
Booing ideas and not liking things is fine, but I was talking more along the lines of putting others down because of their ideas an opinions to the tune of "You like this so YOU suck, or your opinion is ___________ so you're dumb," which are BOTH asshole remarks and perfect example of looking down on someone, based on what they like.
People are perfectly entitled to their opinions, but whether it's online or offline, there's many ways of going about expressing opinions without being a giant douche waffle, and putting others down or looking down on them by attacking.

This happens to be the unfortunate mentality of lots of people today who feel that they are superior to others, so they resort to name-calling and looking down on people's opinions, just because it doesn't validate their own opinion (or purchasing decision).
You see this garbage all the time in the gaming world.
"You didn't get the same next-gen console that I got, so you're an idiot."
Really?
Maybe that person just liked the exclusive content and features that the console has to offer, and THAT'S why they got it.

@Nasty_Freak: Would it be flaming if someone accused you of character assassination? Because every time I call out your ideas for being awful you accuse me of flaming as though my criticism of your ideas are a personal attack against you, and that is character assassination in my book!

Last edited:
@Nasty_Freak: Would it be flaming if someone accused you of character assassination? Because every time I call out your ideas for being awful you accuse me of flaming as though my criticism of your ideas are a personal attack against you, and that is character assassination in my book!

Again you can say you "disagree" or "it's not a good idea" with your reason but don't say "they are awful" if you don't want me to give you another speech again. See the difference? AGAIN?

DO YOU EVEN READ ANYTHING POSTED BEFORE YOU COMMENT?

@Araknyd: Booing me is NOT ok! Do that to anyone else but me. You guys are not close enough to even joke around with me and call me whatever! You are definitely right about the "you suck" part though.

Last edited:
Again you can say you "disagree" or "it's not a good idea" with your reason but don't say "they are awful" if you don't want me to give you another speech again. See the difference? AGAIN?

DO YOU EVEN READ ANYTHING POSTED BEFORE YOU COMMENT?

@Araknyd: Booing me is NOT ok! Do that to anyone else but me. You guys are not close enough to even joke around with me and call me whatever! You are definitely right about the "you suck" part though.

Anyone can be booed but you? I don't stand for double standards! Either EVERYONE can be booed or NOBODY can be booed! Hell, I was booed by Coach RIPka at least twice in the TRMK Fantasy Football league for being awarded waiver claims that he wanted. I never complained about it, so that tells you where I stand on that.

And for the record, I do NOT sugar-coat my criticism, nor will I ever do so; I criticize exactly the way I see things because I believe in being completely honest.

It's asinine for you to believe you are above criticism when you post such outlandish ideas.

"I'm posting about genital mutilation, turning beloved franchises into sex filled nonsense and asking for things that could never happen, over and over again. I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE AREN'T AGREEING WITH ME!"

Personally, I think subject matter like sex is sensitive and needs to be handled with care. Nasty, you are going out of your way to tell people on the forum about your violent fetishes, and you know it makes them uncomfortable. How can you expect friendly reception if you harp about it all the time? Yes, we all have our vices, but you should still be careful about what you say around others.

Last edited:
Personally, I think subject matter like sex is sensitive and needs to be handled with care. Nasty, you are going out of your way to tell people on the forum about your violent fetishes, and you know it makes them uncomfortable. How can you expect friendly reception if you harp about it all the time? Yes, we all have our vices, but you should still be careful about what you say around others.

FYI, I don't attack people and put their names in my sexual related ideas. So I have the damn right to say whatever as long as it doesn't attack anyone. It's my prerogative! Again, I don't talk down on others, SO NO ONE SHOULD BE TALKING DOWN ON ME! I shouldn't be the one bowing down here!

In other words, as long as I'm NOT talking about Tarkatan Trash or bbblp being somewhat sexually violated, I HAVE THE DAMN RIGHT TO COME UP WITH MY IDEAS when it comes to entertainment (movies, video games, and etc.)! Why? BECAUSE I DON'T ATTACK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Tarkatan Trash: You are not careful with your words and so they become insults! Which is a big NO NO!!!

Last edited:

Criticism is fine, name-calling and personal insults are not.
As long as you create, there will always be critics; fact of life.

Name calling and personal insults, be it online or IRL, are unacceptable.
That's my point.

Criticism is fine, name-calling and personal insults are not.
As long as you create, there will always be critics; fact of life.

Name calling and personal insults, be it online or IRL, are unacceptable.
That's my point.

Any insult is unacceptable but yeah. I don't mind if I have to be like a police against people who insult me because I will keep giving my 2 cents if what they say or do is wrong.

The long scraggly beards that some baseball teams are wearing this season. Seriously, if you're going to wear a beard, wear it well. These guys are making a mockery of beardness.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The long scraggly beards that some baseball teams are wearing this season. Seriously, if you're going to wear a beard, wear it well. These guys are making a mockery of beardness.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Then be a Yankees fan like me. That team only allows moustaches no longer than the corners of the lips, and offenders have been known to be suspended indefinitely (such as Mattingly).