You're Favorite MKII Stage

when this was out in arcades i was 3.. so by the time i got it for my Genesis i was 4 or so. i might be biased but i prefer the Genesis music over arcade for certain levels. my favorite stages were the Living forest and the Tower. although the genesis's stage didn't have the growling from the trees on the sega port, i loved the music. also, having the portal stage in a blue background when you fought the secret characters was cool imo.

up until i played MKSM i never paid attention to the stage names on MKII so when i was younger, i always thought the Tower stage was some kind of airplane since the clouds were passing by all fast in the window between the shadow priests lol

The Living Forest is by far my favorite stage in MKII. The music is so creepy, yet very intriguing as well. Plus, the evil trees although I wished we can do a stage fatality on that arena (now it can be done in MK:SM, MK9).

The Dead Pool was always my favorite from MK2.

Mainly because it was the first stage when you booted up MK2. It was such a change from the original MK just from the aspect of ACID surrounding you and the music made it so eerie. Plus, the stage fatality with the skeleton coming back up made me hype as hell and made me think I could beat the game like it was nothing.

I was always a fan of the Armory stage, since it was dark with the metal and big dragon piece on the wall. :)

1.png

For me, it's a tie between the Dead Pool and the Kombat Tomb.
The first time I did stage fatalities on those 2 stages in MKII, my jaw dropped in amazement.

Can the opponent break my guard if i stay crouch in MK1 MK2 Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and MK9 ?

In MK1/2/3 a crouching block is only vulnerable to throws. In MK9 it's vulnerable to throws and overhead attacks.

Please only ask questions like this in relevant threads-- this has nothing to do with MK2 stages.

Definitely the Pit II. The stage fatality was a great new view of the Pit, and its return in MKSM along with the stage fatality inspired me to go back and play it again.
a1.gif