How can you not swear on this forum?

Actually, it wasn't to 'keep the peace' because 99% of people weren't fighting when they swore. It was just simply getting overused.

I will straight up admit that I was one of the people that used at LEAST 5 cuss words per post. I cuss a lot on the internet and I cuss a lot in real life too. Can't help it. I still cuss on here, just not as much because it's not like people can see it when I do anyways.

I would give up my Robot Rock title just to be able to say the n word again.

I feel incomplete without it. I never use it in regular conversations or debates, but damn does it make jokes so much funnier.

That's besides the point and quite far from what the majority of the posters in this thread actually seem to think, but you redeemed yourself with your second paragraph.

Appeal to the majority is not going to sway me. If I were that easily fazed by the majority disapproving my opinion, I would have left this forum a long time ago. I'm not against swearing in itself, but the way some people use it can get out of hand, especially when somebody flies off the handle.

Last edited:
Appeal to the majority is not going sway me. If I were that easily fazed by majority disapproving my opinion, I would have left this forum a long time ago. I'm not against swearing in itself, but the way some people use it can get out of hand, especially when somebody flies off the handle.

Appeal to the majority? What are you on about? That's not what I was saying at all...

You were inferring that people swear because they think it's a cool thing to do. I said that the majority that posted in this thread seem to think otherwise, and that it's merely part (or a result) of their social communication/habituation.

And I understand that many have taken advantage of this in the past, but from experience with prior forums those become the responsibilities of the mods... Flame hard for no reason = ban.

Oh well, I really don't care, so no need to quote me again. haha

Appeal to the majority? What are you on about? That's not what I was saying at all...

You were inferring that people swear because they think it's a cool thing to do. I said that the majority that posted in this thread seem to think otherwise, and that it's merely part (or a result) of their social communication/habituation.

And I understand that many have taken advantage of this in the past, but from experience with prior forums those become the responsibilities of the mods... Flame hard for no reason = ban.

Oh well, I really don't care, so no need to quote me again. haha

We did our best to control it and give out warnings and infractions....people ignored it so it got taken away.

Once again, it had nothing to do with flaming, people just constantly swore. Very rarely did we ever have a pissing match full of swears. Flawless was just giving an example as to some troubles encountered with it, not that we had constant arguments loaded with swearing.

Either way, it is Pat's forum, and we go by his rules, and we have to respect them. He is great enough to keep this place going for us, the least we can do is abide by his rules and understand what he wants for his forum.

Even though I GREATLY disagree with his rules, and I do mean greatly, Pat is a ballin' ass admin. He could have perma'd me a long time ago and just washed his hands with me. But he's cool enough to let a brotha stick around and tell him his side and whatnot.

He thinks I lie to him whenever I compliment him though :?
That isn't cool man

Even though Mortal Kombat is a rated M for mature game, I honestly never heard them cuss 24/7 or use too many curse words. They have used a few curse words like damn, ass, and one time the F bomb. But other than that, I never heard MK characters cuss a lot. Just like Mortal Kombat, this forum has a limit as well.

TRMK's official theme song

lol but seriously, Pats the kind of guy that might censor even more words if he saw people not liking the rules as a part of some moral punishment crusade or something. So I suggest just leave it behind and just be thankfull for what words we can say.

Cause lets be honest here, it could be worse. So I aint complaining and neither should you.

I just simply don't talk to people in real life, people on the internet, or even friends in a way that I wouldn't talk to my family. It's just simply not nice and not the right thing to do. After all, I don't like to be talked bad to, so why should I to others?

It's just simply not nice and not the right thing to do. After all, I don't like to be talked bad to, so why should I to others?

Lol how is it not the right thing?
There is nothing wrong with saying "Whats up my nword" "How the fword you doing bro?" or "Man that coach and go ride a cword-mobile"

Thank god we can still say pussy

No I'm only fwording with you, its your choice and I respect that.

TBH I think we get along greatly without the cussing. And we're also all the more creative for it! Cussing imo can usually just make you look stupid and too desperate to get your point across.

I remember when Pat tried to censor the word "ass" and the whole forum was fugged up :laugh:

pea**** poppy**** ****y ****fighting ****ney....

I'm not sure why the word, or rather just the set of letters that form certain words are censored. It's not even profanity as far as I know. Yeah, it can refer to genitals, yet we can say "penis" with little fear of impunity. This is one instance where the filter doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
The only time i swear is to look amazing and gorgeous infront of the ladies you know what im saying :).

Nah but really swearing just makes you look stupid. The only time i swear is when i am angry with games.... I am very troy mature.