Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat 2012

Love Cowboy

With training camps around the NFL beginning this weekend, it is time once more for Fantasy Football here in our wonderful kommunity. The league will once again be hosted by NFL.com. You will have to join NFL.com to participate, but that’s no big deal. If you were in the league last year, you should already have an account. Here’s the info you need to register. Just click the link below and follow the instructions.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=872938
League ID: 872938
Password: GoTRMK2012

The role of kommissioner in our league will be filled by me. I have made some minimal changes to last year’s rules. One change, prompted by the shenanigans occurring at the end of last season, is that there is now a trade deadline. Another very small change is that individual players now will get the points for kick return TD’s (but not return yardage). Everything else should be the same. You can check out all the rules on the league page when you join. If you have an issue with any of the rules, feel free to discuss it here. I am open to changes if that’s what everyone wants.

VERY IMPORTANT: I don’t want any mystery people in this year’s league. After you join, please post here and let us know what team is yours. Any league team where I cannot identify which TRMK member it belongs to will be booted. Thanks.

The draft is currently scheduled for Saturday, September 1, 2012 at 17:00 GMT. That’s 1 PM Eastern, 12PM Central, etc. in the US. If you’re confused about the time, please ask. Drafts are always more fun when people show up. Keep in mind though, if you do not show for the draft, you’re not totally screwed. The CPU will autopick your players for you based on pre-set rankings, which you can edit beforehand.

LET IT BEGIN!!!!!!!

LC, consider your favorite TRMK pseudo-troll in. My team name is based on my TRMK name, so it should be obvious who I am.

And by the way, I was joking earlier about drafting an all-wide receiver team, although in the interest of full disclosure, I should admit that I am a bit rusty, since it's been 4 years since I last played Fantasy Football. I'm doing this to reignite my interest in it.

I'll be the cheerleader!

Let's go TRMK! Go kill on the grass, rip some spines and kick some ass! ;)

I'll be the cheerleader!

Let's go TRMK! Go kill on the grass, rip some spines and kick some ass! ;)

Uhh...that's not how Fantasy Football works. For starters, there are no cheerleaders in Fantasy Football. If you sign up for Fantasy Football, then you have to assemble a fantasy roster just like the rest of us.

Here's how Fantasy Football works! You join a league, and then you assemble your roster through the draft, and then each week, you have to set your line-ups. The performance of your players in the actual games directly impacts the performance of your fantasy team, so if your star QB throws 6 TDs, or your RB rushes for 200 yards and 3 TDs, that helps your team. However, if your QB throws 3 picks and gets benched, or if your RB tears his ACL, then you are screwed. In this league, it's head-to-head each week, so you will be in direct competition with the rest of us if you join LC's league.

There are 16 teams in this particular league. So far, only 2 have signed up. Like I said, there are no cheerleaders in Fantasy Football. If you want to be a cheerleader, then you can try out with an NFL team. 26 of the 32 NFL teams have cheerleaders. If you're looking for rich cheerleader tradition, then look no further than the Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders single-handedly revolutionized modern NFL cheerleading. However, if you're looking for an opportunity to score a date with an NFL player, then the Oakland Raiders are the way to go, because the Oakland Raiders are the only NFL team that allows their cheerleaders to date the players; if you tried this with any other team, you would be fired (for example, the Redskins actually fired one of their cheerleaders for dating (and eventually marrying) tight end Chris Cooley).

Due to the combination of outdoor stadiums and temperature nosedives late in the season, I suggest that you stay away from Seattle, Buffalo, New York, and New England.

What the hell Trash? Be nice. If OG wants to pop in this thread and woohoo at us all season, she's more than welcome.

I will say though OG... it looks like you think we will all be on the same team... that is not the case... we will be competing against each other. You're more than welcome to cheerlead for whoever you want :)

I see you lurking there mkray... I know you want to improve upon your showing from last year... bring it on dude

I will say though OG... it looks like you think we will all be on the same team... that is not the case... we will be competing against each other. You're more than welcome to cheerlead for whoever you want :)

I'll cheer for you <3

Let's go LC!! :)

I see you lurking there mkray... I know you want to improve upon your showing from last year... bring it on dude

Haha, true. When I entered this thread, I immediately went to NFL.com and tried to remember my password. I didn't, so I went to forget password and went through all of that. Then when I tried to enter my new password, it told me I needed over 4 characters even though I had over four; then my computer froze lol. Everything's good now though; I definitely gotta redeem my self. My team name is Rayzebats

I'm like... never on my computer anymore since I have moved out of my parents' basement. But I still get on here every now and then and check the place out. I'm definitely in.

Besides, I have to defend my championship, don't I?

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are back!

Last edited:
I'll cheer for you <3

Let's go LC!! :)

I've never had a cheerleader before... sweet <3

I'm like... never on my computer anymore since I have moved out of my parents' basement. But I still get on here every now and then and check the place out. I'm definitely in.

Besides, I have to defend my championship, don't I?

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are back!

The Champ is back! Now this is serious business... hehe

Awesome! I wasn't expecting you. Welcome back titties. Hope this season goes better for you :)

All... I was just pondering something... I just realized the default setting for standings tiebreakers is set to Head-to-Head record, but I think last year we did total points scored. I think I like head-to-head better, but as I said before, I'm open to suggestions. What do you guys want?

Last edited:
Awesome! I wasn't expecting you. Welcome back titties. Hope this season goes better for you :)

All... I was just pondering something... I just realized the default setting for standings tiebreakers is set to Head-to-Head record, but I think last year we did total points scored. I think I like head-to-head better, but as I said before, I'm open to suggestions. What do you guys want?

Yeah I'd say head-to-head is a better tiebreaker.