Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat 2012

I just thought of a good prize LC!

*Pokes Jade*
Spoiler:
If someone from TRMK wins, they become mod for a month

I'd be a little happy if that actually happened :laugh:

Thanks, but since I have made a wager on my TRMK posting privileges on the baseball thread, I cannot accept that prize (and even if I hadn't made that wager, I still wouldn't accept because I have a reputation to maintain).

@Jade: I thought you were an Eagles fan...

Last edited:
I joined again. Sadly won't be able to make the draft, gotta work that day. Auto pick is fine for me.

Kabal Toasty again, unless if I think of a better team name.

Awesome! Welcome to the party Tapion. I wish I had thought of sending last year's participants a PM before today... maybe I wouldn't have thought I needed to invite those non-members. Oh well.

Thanks, but since I have made a wager on my TRMK posting privileges on the baseball thread, I cannot accept that prize (and even if I hadn't made that wager, I still wouldn't accept because I have a reputation to maintain).

@Jade: I thought you were an Eagles fan...

I like the Eagles. Well, I am angry at them right now.

Dallas was my team before Philly. I liked them because they are my dad's team. I started to like Philly, I don't know why.

I still do, they just piss me off, but, yeah, Dallas was originally my team, and then my beloved Tony came along and made them better.

I SAID, MADE THEM BETTER.

Also, Philly got Vick.....I have a hard time liking a team with that pile of shit on it....but it's Philly so I can't hate.

I like the Eagles. Well, I am angry at them right now.

Dallas was my team before Philly. I liked them because they are my dad's team. I started to like Philly, I don't know why.

I still do, they just piss me off.

I would ask why you don't root for your hometown Bills... but then, they're the Bills.

I don't mind the Bills at all, lol. I still cheer for them. They are my #3 team.

Football is the only sport where I have multiple favorite teams.....I am ashamed. Every other sport, I have my one team I live and die for.

Bills are getting a little hype this year though. I don't know how they'll do in their division but its good to hear some optimism for Buffalo for once. Their defense should be purty good if anything; Stevie Johnson is a purty good receiver, and Fitzpatrick is a solid QB too, so who knows?

I don't mind the Bills at all, lol. I still cheer for them. They are my #3 team.

Football is the only sport where I have multiple favorite teams.....I am ashamed. Every other sport, I have my one team I live and die for.

Boy
I
Love
Losing
SuperBowls

Speaking of which, who did you root for in Super Bowls XXVII and XXVIII?

Ok, so it's getting close to draft day. Right now we have 12 teams. If we get to 14, I'll be happy sticking with the current format, but if we end up with just 12, having 4 divisions and 8 playoff teams seems a bit silly. What would you guys suggest about a division/playoff format for 12 teams?

Oh, one more thing... I think I'm going to cap the league at 12 teams as of Midnight Sunday if there are no other entrants by then. I'd hate to get a 13th team at the last minute and have no time to get to an even number. If we have 13 by that time, then obviously I will then instead lock it at 14 as soon as the 14th joins. So, anybody who's been waffling, now's the time to decide if you're in or out. Thanks!

Also... don't bother asking me questions until you see me post again... my internet at home is out so I do not know when I will be on again after right now. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy
I
Love
Losing
SuperBowls

Speaking of which, who did you root for in Super Bowls XXVII and XXVIII?

I actually went for Dallas <.<

I honestly wouldn't have cared who won because I'd be happy both ways, but, you know, the whole daddy's little girl thing <.< My mom wasn't too happy about it, lol.

I actually went for Dallas <.<

I honestly wouldn't have cared who won because I'd be happy both ways, but, you know, the whole daddy's little girl thing <.< My mom wasn't too happy about it, lol.

Ha! I was actually brainwashed by an aunt of mine into being an Oilers fan at that time, but I knew I wanted to be a Cowboys fan (after all, my hometown is loaded with Cowboys fans), but Houston's out-and-out choke job in that playoff game against Buffalo was just the excuse I needed to tell my Oiler-fan aunt where my true loyalties stood. Any shred of Oiler loyalty I had left was gone when I found out they were going to Tennessee. I have hated ALL Houston-based sports teams since then.

Alrighty folks... the league is set. I have re-formatted the league for 12 teams. The number of divisions has been reduced to three, and the number of playoff teams has been reduced to 6. Yes, six. That means our league will now have first-round byes just like the real NFL! Also, since this is an MK site, I gave the divisions MK-nerdy names. LOL. Our league is now set up like so:

Earthrealm Division

Team Name Owner
------------------------------------------------
Love Cowboys Love Cowboy
Based God The Marshall
The Tarkatan Trash Collectors Tarkatan Trash
Multiple Scorgasms the CLOSED ACCOUNT formerly known as tittiemcnuggets

Outworld Division

Team Name Owner
Cutie Mark Crusaders BYoung (defending champion)
Rayzebats mkray41
Tony Romo Jockstraps Jade
The Tattooed Coffee Profs non-member aka LC's high school buddy Shane

Netherrealm Division

Team Name Owner
Kabal Toasty Tapion
Dawn Patrol the CLOSED ACCOUNT formerly known as Spine_Ripper
Vegas non-member aka LC's high school buddy Ryan
The Platypunishment non-member aka Rainy Rita's little brother David

Sorry about all the non-members, but we needed enough players for a league, after all... and at least two of them USED to be members lol
If you have any concerns about the organization or any rules, now's the time to speak up. After the draft I will be VERY reluctant to change anything, but I'm more than open to it now. See you all at the draft Saturday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, I like the division names, LC. That's good stuff.

It looks like I'll probably miss the draft. I'll be in DC visiting my sis and while I'll probably have my laptop, I'm willing to bet I will be doing other things. I'll have my rankings adjusted so that it kind of adheres to my usual draft strategy.

I see the Commish is in my division...as well as my Week 1 opponent.

I can't guarantee I'll make the fantasy draft, but I'll make an effort to do so.

So... how many of you guys actually CAN make the draft? And those of you that can't... what would be a better time for you? If there is a time that would be better for all, I could move it.

Oh and one other thing... what do you guys think of the current schedule and playoff format? Right now, the playoffs will be during weeks 14-16, after a 13-week regular season. With a 13-week regular season, you will play each of your division rivals twice, and every other team minus one once each. So, there will be one team that you will never face. I kinda wanted to increase the regular season to 14 games so that you would face everyone, but in order to do that, I would have to either reduce the number of playoff rounds, and therefore the number of playoff teams, or extend the playoffs so that our championship game is week 17. I hesitate to schedule a championship game for week 17 because week 17 sees a number of roster shenanigans in the NFL (i.e. star players resting for the playoffs, etc.). What do you guys think?