A new Snes game is getting released in 2013

C-Sword

Nightmare Busters is proudly presented through the partnership of Super Fighter Team and the game's developers, Christophe Gayraud and Jean-Christophe Alessandri.

It ships complete with game cartridge, full color instruction manual and sturdy cardstock box printed in full color. All parts are brand new, custom produced by our factory for the highest possible quality.

It plays on any NTSC or PAL Super Nintendo / Super Famicom system, including all compatible systems.

Pre-order link

http://www.nightmarebusters.com/purchase.htm

Are they serious?? They should just release it on PSN for 10 bucks, it would probably sell more.

i agree with sscrem with this. idk how they think people will pay 60 bucks for a game that's made for an out of date console unless there's something i'm not seeing in all of this.

Why not make a new N64 game instead that pushes the limits of what a 5th gen console can do

State-of-the-art 64-bit graphics

First of all, cartridges are a more expensive format than discs. Heck, SNES games at the time could go for $70 or more, and I'm not even putting inflation into consideration.

C-sword makes a good point that this is a limited release item, not something meant to be sold to the masses. You guys may be surprised how much older, but sought-out games may go for, especially games that were released in limited quantities like Tomba for the PS1.

BTW, Nightmare Busters would not be first the game to be released on a retro console: http://www.piersolar.com/ps_about_the_game.php

Last edited:
i agree with sscrem with this. idk how they think people will pay 60 bucks for a game that's made for an out of date console unless there's something i'm not seeing in all of this.

Yeah, there's something you're not seeing. You guys are a bunch of no-good young'uns... (LOL) see below

First of all, cartridges are a more expensive format than discs. Heck, SNES games at the time could go for $70 or more, and I'm not even putting inflation into consideration.

C-sword makes a good point that this is a limited release item, not something meant to be sold to the masses. You guys may be surprised how much older, but sought-out games may go for, especially games that were released in limited quantities like Tomba for the PS1.

Indeed $70 was the going rate for brand-new SNES games back in their heyday, and in the early '90s $70 was quite a bit more money than it is today. In fact, according to this handy-dandy inflation calculator, the $70 I spent on Street Fighter II Turbo in 1994 is equivalent to $108.39 today. In light of this, $60 in today's dollars isn't bad at all for a brand-new SNES game, for those of us who would actually be buying it. Let's be fair. Those of you who are saying you wouldn't buy it for $60 probably wouldn't buy it for any price, because you likely don't still own a working SNES. I've heard people on here say they've sold their PS2 for crying out loud. I believe people who would actually buy this game at all would gladly pay 60 bucks.

Holy shit, do people actually buy that for $12,000.

It ships for free, though.

I might pick up the Nightmare Busters, just to have it. Back in the day, $60 was the typical cost for a new release and with inflation you'd think it would cost even more now.

Yeah, there's something you're not seeing. You guys are a bunch of no-good young'uns... (LOL) see below

Indeed $70 was the going rate for brand-new SNES games back in their heyday, and in the early '90s $70 was quite a bit more money than it is today. In fact, according to this handy-dandy inflation calculator, the $70 I spent on Street Fighter II Turbo in 1994 is equivalent to $108.39 today. In light of this, $60 in today's dollars isn't bad at all for a brand-new SNES game, for those of us who would actually be buying it. Let's be fair. Those of you who are saying you wouldn't buy it for $60 probably wouldn't buy it for any price, because you likely don't still own a working SNES. I've heard people on here say they've sold their PS2 for crying out loud. I believe people who would actually buy this game at all would gladly pay 60 bucks.

First off, I'm not talking about the actual price. I'm referring to how you can get $60 and buy 2 or 3 games for PS3 or 360, while this 60 bucks would be going towards an SNES game that isn't truly worth it gameplay wise imo. I can understand what some of you were saying about a collectible, because it makes sense, but if you aren't a collector and want the game to play, you can't relate the prices of an SNES game to that of a more current generation. And I still own my SNES, along with my N64, Genesis, PSone, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, PSP, Sega Nomad, GBA, GBA SP, DS, and GBC, so don't try and make it seem as if we wouldn't buy the game because we don't own the console.

In the end, if people want to buy the game, I'm sure none of us have a problem with that, but don't try convince us it's worth buying (gameplay wise). So while you're pre-ordering Leprechaun Gambit, I'll be pre-ordering The Last of Us.

Last edited:
I looked around the net and apparently this isn't an entirely new game. It's an unfinished game that was never released because the developer went out of business. I'm assuming that some finishing touches will be added.

http://www.giantbomb.com/nightmare-busters/61-37618/

From the article:
Nightmare Busters is a cancelled beat ‘em up / action game that was in development in 1994 by Arcade Zone (a french studio) for the Super Nintendo. After Sony decided to not publish Nightmare Busters SNES as the original Playstation arrived in Europe, Arcade Zone had to close down and cancel all their projects.

At 1UP Games we can read an interview with former Arcade Zone’s developers, in which they talk about the studio’s closure:

Carlo Perconti: What happened is that Sony broke off the Nintendo distribution in Europe, refusing to take the products. Without buyers and incapable of publishing them by ourselves, we had to close down Arcade Zone and interrupt undergoing developments, with profound regret. Other companies which already weighed in the balance survived and moved on to the Playstation. We were at the wrong time at the wrong transition, the one which saw Nintendo’s European market become Sony’s European market.

Nightmare Busters was eventually leaked online thanks to members of ASSEMbler games and you can find a ROM quite easily with Google. As wrote by Evan on SNES Central, this game was eventually released in 2004 for cell phones as Flynn’s Adventure.