Man of Steel (WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD)

Flying Jinko

Man-of-Steel-Header1.jpg

Man of Steel is an upcoming American superhero film under the development of Zack Snyder, Christopher Nolan, and David S. Goyer. Based on the DC Comics character Superman, the film will be a reboot of the Superman film series, to be released in June 14, 2013

Those who saw TDKR would have caught this teaser trailer. I loved the vibe the trailer is giving out and with Christopher Nolan on board Im sure this movie won't dissapoint.

Teaser Trailer Ver.1

Teaser Trailer Ver.2

Comic-Con Trailer OST

Last edited:
Re: Man of Steel

Saw the trailer before TDKR today, it actually looks awesome, and I hate Superman.

Even if most people know the origin story, I'd hope they'd incorperate it into the film. Maybe include Braniac in there too for future purposes. It hasnt been since the 70's since they've done it on film. Sure theres the animated series, but its time for the big screen again.

Superman Returns was pretty much just a big tribute to Christopher Reeves. Nice, but not needed. This on the other hand looks promising. With Snyder and Nolan on board, I think it will be the best a superman movie can be. Superman is more of a retro type of hero. And I can see why someone like him isnt very popular anymore. But I think this movie will do its best to bring him back. Also, no lex luthor please. We need someone interesting like Braniac or Darkseid or doomsday. Someone who could actually be a threat to superman's overpowered ass.

video isnt working Flying Jinko.

Another theatre capture, this too will most probably be pulled out by WB soon, so check it out while you can.

nice use of LOTR music in the trailer.

This may sound dumb, but when I first watched the trailer before TDKR, for a second when I saw the boat part I thought this was an Aquaman movie and was dissapointed that they were going through all the trouble to make aquaman look cool and not someone else.

nice use of LOTR music in the trailer.

This may sound dumb, but when I first watched the trailer before TDKR, for a second when I saw the boat part I thought this was an Aquaman movie and was dissapointed that they were going through all the trouble to make aquaman look cool and not someone else.
Lol somewhat same here, I initially thought it was a trailer for The Hobbit when the LOTR music started playing but then everything started looking very realistic and I was disappointed for a moment.

I loved it. I always like a realistic take on super heroes. The trailer was simple and didn't do the predictable over the earth shot. The attention to detail it had when he was flying up and it showed he had the jet cloud around his legs was a nice touch. Looks very promising. :)

ok, I really am looking forward to this honestly. I see potential in this, like they can make people care about superman again. Not saying its going to be as great as batman begins origin, but I hope they at least try.

And that bit of him bearded in the snow reminds me of the movie Into The Wild. I'd like to know whats going on here.

The only thing I'm worried they'll do is go to real with it.

he's an alien that flies and shoot lasers out of his eyes.

But I guess I know what you mean. They were able to do that with something as bizzare as mortal kombat with that webseries. So nothing is safe it seems. But I think Snyder knows what he's doing.

I think being realistic a bit is alright, not in terms of his powers or anything but more on how he becomes a hero and that's especially why I love this trailer because it seems to be focusing on that. It's there in every child to imagine himself a hero and it was pretty cool to see Clark Kent was one such child, pretty much like everyone. Also I think his need to become a hero would stem from the love and affection of his foster parents.

exactly. For the portion of the movie where he is growing up, I want this to be very realistic.
And all his powers he's able to use and villains can kick in later and it pays off

he's an alien that flies and shoot lasers out of his eyes.

But I guess I know what you mean. They were able to do that with something as bizzare as mortal kombat with that webseries. So nothing is safe it seems. But I think Snyder knows what he's doing.

superman is only part of it. Where Superman is troubled with where he came from and knowing he's the last of his people the flip side of that is Clark. If they can find a balance between the two of them I'll have no complaints. Except for it not being about the death of superman which is something I've always wanted to see in real life.

General Zod is going to be in it.

I don't mind Superman's new costume but the protruding package area is actually bothersome <.<

The trailer has been officially released, here is the clearer version.

Also thought of sharing this awesome track composed by Hans Zimmer for the comic con trailer.

And yea, I agree they got to tone his bump down. Hopefully they will address it like they did with Bane's voice.