Gory and disturbing movies

nemesiswontdie

So the gory and messed up movie talk in the Just Talk thread made me want to start this thread.

What are some movies that have seen or heard about with some really screwed up parts in it? Or is the whole movie screwed up?

I've been wanting to watch The Begotten and I'm just now going to start watching it tonight.

I posted Begotten like 2 years ago in that violent disturbing scenes thread. Either way Begotton is f'ed.

Check this out...

Spoiler:

Where is n9 when you need him?

I've been wanting to watch The Begotten and I'm just now going to start watching it tonight.

wow, seems like that would begin to tire your eyes by the end of it seeing how its filmed. Looks creepy.

well might as well just copy paste what I said earlier. Look up and see if you can find the Poughkeepsi Tapes. I havnt been able to see the film all the way through as it hasnt been released. But anyway, Its like a fake documentary thats feels all too real.
I think Rook said he may have also heard of it.

I have just seen clips when we talked about it before.

Is this was anyone else's thread I would just post Blair Witch Project but....

You should watch I Stand Alone if you want to see disturbing.

Know what really makes a disturbing movie scary? Iss it the the gore, the killers in masks, or the suspensefull music? When I think of it, I should try watching a Horror movie with different kind of music playing throughout the movie. Matbe then it won't be so scary.

cannibal-holocaust-locandina-dvd-usa.jpg

The director was going to be tried for murder until the actors stepped forward and proved that there were no actual murders (well they did murder a few animals).

cannibal-holocaust-locandina-dvd-usa.jpg

The director was going to be tried for murder until the actors stepped forward and proved that there were no actual murders (well they did murder a few animals).

picture isnt working but I'm assuming you are talking about cannibal holocaust.

never really cared for seeing it

Cannibal Holocaust wasn't that great (story wise) but it's worked up to be exactly what it is. Messed up.

The movie is basically known for killing animals. Not the rape and killing.

Know what really makes a disturbing movie scary? Iss it the the gore, the killers in masks, or the suspensefull music? When I think of it, I should try watching a Horror movie with different kind of music playing throughout the movie. Matbe then it won't be so scary.

When watching a scary movie in theaters, it's not really the gore, or the killer itself but how loud the noise is. Say when someone is hiding in a closet and the killer kicks open the door to the closet and is about to kill them, it's how loud the noise is when he kicks open the door.

Say when you're watching a video and something scary pops up out of nowhere. Yeah the picture itself is freaky but it's usually the sudden scream that scares you and how loud it is. Get what I'm saying?

But if you're talking about gore and stuff like that. You know what the best part about some movies are? Is them not showing you the gore. Yeah seeing intestines and such is pretty bad, but them NOT showing it is a lot better. Why? Because your imagination is worse than anything they can show you. Trust me.

I hate horror movies because they FAIL to bring scares. The deaths fair enough they are brutal. But trying to scare me with movies doesn't work.

Games however do.... Because you are actually playing it and concentrating alot more. Everyone has different Opinions however.

Also that red band trailer looks really reaaly really really BAD. STOP with the CLOVERFIELD like camera movement!!!!!.

The only gory and disturbing movie I've seen is 28 Days Later, the part where Jim gouged Mitchell's eyeballs really freaked me out.

I don't really associate gory and disturbing together. Gory isn't always disturbing (hell, it's usually funny, or if done ineptly, hokey). Some gore can be unsettling depending on the context and narrative, I guess (think coming home and finding a loved one cut up and stuffed in your fridge). But usually...nah.

Well it's gory AND disturbing. You really don't need to put the two together. It can be for either or. I am talking about gory movies because I can say that no movie has really disturbed me.

I take it you guys have never heard of Hershcell Gordon Lewis.

Blood Feast, Two Thousand Maniacs, Color Me Blood Red, Gruesome Twosome, The Wizard of Gore, Gore Gore Girls...all them really old movies (The ones I mentioned were made between 1962 and 1971) that are cheaply made, but the gore really holds up today.

Last edited:
I don't really associate gory and disturbing together. Gory isn't always disturbing (hell, it's usually funny, or if done ineptly, hokey). Some gore can be unsettling depending on the context and narrative, I guess (think coming home and finding a loved one cut up and stuffed in your fridge). But usually...nah.

I totally agree with this.

Btw. 2001 Maniacs is one nasty film for all those blood and gore lovers (sickos) out there like me. ;-)