Do you think Injustice will have Arcade Mode?

Tanyas Husband

Just thought I'd ask, I want opinions as well.
I think, for one, it may, but not called arcade, and I wonder what endings would be like..
THOUGH I LIKE ARCADE, I would not like them to have it, It would remind me of MK, and thats what we all dont want to be reminded of, I can tell.
Please, be my guest, Discuss.

So you're suggesting removing the ability for single player, offline play?

I can't even comprehend a fighting game without a ladder against the CPU. It's not merely indicative of MK, it defines the entire genre.

Removing it would mean you either have to select an opponent every match or play through story mode every time in order to get a match or two in. You also wouldn't have an 'end' for any characters aside from what's written in story mode.

Opinion? I don't think it would work in a successful fighting game.

Arcade mode is arcade mode, doesn't really matter what they call it. And usually when devs try to pretend something isn't what it is (ie. renaming Arcade mode into something else) I can't help but feel they're being artsy fakey.

Arcade mode shouldn't wander too far. Just 6-10 fights against random enemies in random stages and then the last boss. Hopefully everyone has unique ending and beginning, interludes DOA-style wouldn't hurt either.

MK is about tournament to the death so interludes wouldn't be that interesting but in Injustice there could be something. Batman is chasing Joker but in the middle of Arcade he also always faces Harley, beats her, questions her etc. Very much like DOA with the ladder going random, random, scripted mid-boss, random, random, random, scripted mid-boss 2, powerful end boss.

It's standard fare in virtually all fighting games. All Fighting games need a means to play against the AI when another human player is not available.

I'd love to see an arcade mode where you can choose your path. You can either go to Gotham and fight Batman, or you can choose to go to Metropolis and fight Superman (Just an example).

I'd love to see an arcade mode where you can choose your path. You can either go to Gotham and fight Batman, or you can choose to go to Metropolis and fight Superman (Just an example).

I think more ideas could be expanded on stuff like this to go even further.

Chase after your rival? Chase after your mission?

type of deal leading to different endings.

I like an Arcade mode that is as random as possible to boost replayability, was even a tad annoyed with MK ladder showing me who I face in all the fights. It feels a tad too long as well, I like a brief arcade mode I can complete whenever I'm short on time (8ish mins instead of 20ish)

My dream structure goes something like:
1. Character specific prologue
2. Intro battle to get things started
3. Random battle 1
4. Random battle 2
5. Random battle 3
6. Intermission battle (perhaps add a choice here, but it only changes final battle)
7. Random battle 4
8. Random battle 5
9. Random battle 6
10. Final battle (Often I prefer a fair ordinary 1on1 instead of cheap true boss like Shao Kahn or Galactus)
11. Character ending

Story mode however could offer branching paths with pre-determined battles.

Did but not long enough. True that I have quit a few fighters when I've gotten to the last boss and realized he's just a cheap spammer. More specifically completed once or twice but decided its not worth it and moved on to other modes.

Last edited:
Did but not long enough. True that I have quit a few fighters when I've gotten to the last boss and realized he's just a cheap spammer. More specifically completed once or twice but decided its not worth it and moved on to other modes.

Those are the old fighting games though lol not like the new ones.

Shao Kahn is plenty beatable on MK9.

Yea MK9 Shao Kahn is among the better ones IMO. He's got some novelty value because the best way to deal is by staying away and he doesnt have uber cheap moves. I still wouldn't mind that instead of a big boss Batman faced Joker, Superman faced Lex or such.

Tekken 6 is a recent game that has absolutely terrible end boss IMO. Azrael has no story that would make me like or respect it and it's just a huge chunk that blocks most attacks and punishes with long deadly combos. But if you get a good air juggle going the boss turns ridicilously easy, unless he suddenly "teleports" above you (to me it looks like a glitch instead of a planned move)

I fudging hate Azreal LOL

Jinpachi was my favorite Tekken boss along with Ogre.

And facing Heihachi in Tekken 4 was pretty sweet too. The battle felt normal but felt like a boss fight at the same time. You'd like something like that I presume?