Is there any easy technique to do to every opponent that makes you win everytime?

I haven't played Mortal Kombat 4, but there is an arcade machine in the area where I live. Anyone got any good techniques on how to easily win against any opponent you face, mainly because I want to save as many coins as I can rather than throwing them away.

I can't give you gameplay tips but I can give you a tip on saving coins.

Is the arcade machine in an arcade?

If it's in a restaurant or something like that, get cool with the owner and people who work there.

I'm not even joking. This barbershop I used to go to had X-Men arcade in it. The owner would get the cabinet open for me and give me a bunch of credits for free because I was cool with them.

I can't give you gameplay tips but I can give you a tip on saving coins.

Is the arcade machine in an arcade?

If it's in a restaurant or something like that, get cool with the owner and people who work there.

I'm not even joking. This barbershop I used to go to had X-Men arcade in it. The owner would get the cabinet open for me and give me a bunch of credits for free because I was cool with them.

It's at a Nickel Arcade. Tough luck for me, I guess.

I was JUST at a Boomers arcade that had an MK4 in a showcase cab.. The controls worked but the monitor wasn't looking too good and the left speaker was out. Also for some reason I was unable to do Scorpions scorpion fatality. The other fatality worked just fine. I own a dedicated MK4 cab in perfect condition and I know all too well how to pull off the moves so something was seriously weired about that. I checked that it was REV3 as well. ANYWAY.... I beat the game with every character on master 2 difficulty with the arcade difficulty maxed without losing a round with anyone.. The only 3 bits of advice I can give are:

#1. Its always good to play a block/attack game.. Block the guys hits and run in for a combo. When you get a little practice in you'll start to get a feel for when is a good time to strike and when you should hold off and block the next hit.

#2. Always find a combo that does as much dmg as you can get and make sure that you complete the combo every time you get a chance to hit the opponent. The game is easier if you only have to make contact with the cpu 3 or 4 times in a match instead of 7 or 8.. make sense? Maximize your opportunities.

#3. here is the cheating way to win... You can do a combo like hp,hp,Down+hk that will send the opponent in the air. After that you run up to the guy just as he's about to hit the ground and do the same combo again.. If you time it right the computer will get caught in your combo before he has a chance to block. You can do this till it gives you the max combo breaker.

If you have any probls with any of this advice I can try to make a video or 2 but my cheap cell phone doesn't make good quality videos... Goodluck!

I recently play the MK4 arcade as Scorpion and I doing that defense mode technique and punishing my opponents. I do that infinite combo like you said, but I end it with back+HK. The only person I'm still struggling with is Shinnock, I can't find a way to punish any of his moves as Scorpion. Thnaks for the tips though. Where is this Boomers anyway?

I recently play the MK4 arcade as Scorpion and I doing that defense mode technique and punishing my opponents. I do that infinite combo like you said, but I end it with back+HK. The only person I'm still struggling with is Shinnock, I can't find a way to punish any of his moves as Scorpion. Thnaks for the tips though. Where is this Boomers anyway?

It's in Vista California. If you're in the area you're more than welcome to stop by my apartment and play all the MK arcades you want. It says you're 16 though so have a parent with you. =) Shinnock never uses anyones moves and I can't remember if he uses any special moves at all.. ? I would treat him like any other character. One thing though is never let him take that weapon of his out. he can get really cheap with that thing!

The combo I usually do with Scorpion is.. hp,hp,Down+hk, Spear before he lands,hp,hp,hk,Back+hk I think thats like a 36% dmg combo

It's in Vista California. If you're in the area you're more than welcome to stop by my apartment and play all the MK arcades you want. It says you're 16 though so have a parent with you. =) Shinnock never uses anyones moves and I can't remember if he uses any special moves at all.. ? I would treat him like any other character. One thing though is never let him take that weapon of his out. he can get really cheap with that thing!

I'm sorry, but I'm way too far from that area. It's cool that you have MK arcades though. Thanks for the offer anyway. Shinnock doesn't have any special moves. All he has is a weapon and the ability to morph into other characters for a certain time.

I'm sorry, but I'm way too far from that area. It's cool that you have MK arcades though. Thanks for the offer anyway. Shinnock doesn't have any special moves. All he has is a weapon and the ability to morph into other characters for a certain time.

Correct! However, he doesn't ever morph when you fight against him on single player (on the arcade at least. I seem to remember him morphing when I fought him on the home systems but it was a loooong time ago.). He's fast and sometimes the computer can get really cheap. MK4 is my favorite MK to play on single player.. The AI for MK2 and 3 were awful. You need to exploit AI flaws in order to win. I still love those games though. Nothing beats MK and KI =)

i'm going to be serious right here, pick quan chi and do his teleport stomp over and over and over. this is cheap as hell but, on almost every version of mk4 this has worked wonderfully for me.

Jump kick always worked for me, just keep spamming them, though you're bound to lose a few credits.

With Kitana, I usually back up which makes my opponent follow or attempt an attack which I block and then I start a fan combo. You can't break them ;)

i'm going to be serious right here, pick quan chi and do his teleport stomp over and over and over. this is cheap as hell but, on almost every version of mk4 this has worked wonderfully for me.

I know of this method.. I didn't want to mention it because it really won't get anyone interested in watching you kick the crap out of MK4 at an arcade... I was preserving our reputations :cool: