Modern Rap.

iViTal

So today I took the time to watch a Waka Flocka Flame interview just out of curiosity and to see his view point on Modern Rap, after that I decided to make this thread to see others opinion on Modern Rap. It's not that I hate the artist because in the interview he seemed like a cool guy and real down to earth and all, but I hate the message they send through their music and in interviews they contradict their responses through Music.

I'm not blaming Modern Rap for making Drugs socially accepted, but I think it played a huge role in doing so though the influence of their lyrics, and I ponder on how Society will be 10 or 12 years from now if this continues.

Its all garbage man. Because when you're wasted, anything sounds good.
And thats all this generation is about, the party scene. Ever since that movie Project X came out, its been amplified.
Nobody wants to chill anymore, they all just want to get crunked up.

Shits whack man

Its all garbage man. Because when you're wasted, anything sounds good.
And thats all this generation is about, the party scene. Ever since that movie Project X came out, its been amplified.
Nobody wants to chill anymore, they all just want to get crunked up.

Shits whack man

I've seen commercials of that Project X movie, and I'm not interested at all. My friends say I'm Anti-Social because I don't like to party and shiz. Dafuq? I don't want to go to a teen club where some tigga is being shot every party or someones fighting on the dance floor. Just sayin'.

Like Metal said, Modern Artist are nothing but Hype men now days.

Rap has never been my thing but I really respect old school rap, the lyrics actually had meaning but modern rap is different, its terrible. It's kinda depressing to turn on the radio and hear Lil' Wayne with his wack lyrics. It reminds me of a joke on sickipedia: "Good thing (n-word) rhymes with (n-word) otherwise Lil' Wayne would be out of a job".

man u jus be haten cuz u dun be gttin no pussy lyk us tiggaz in da hood B gtin

Waka n Wayne be on dat real tigga rap shit

GET BREAD **** *****ES SWAG #YOLO TRILL SHIT SMOKE WEED ERRYDAY YOUNG MONEY XDDDDDDD

Last edited:
The most BS genres are metalcore & post hardcore. Who listens to that shit? :rolleyes:

Emo skinny jean wearing lames.. :rolleyes:

But being serious right now, could we please keep this thread about Modern rap and not go off topic. I really want to know others opinion.

There are so many rappers nowadays too.
Shit is WAY too over saturated.

Can't even name all these assholes. And now you have to actually search for other types of music.
If it isn't Pop, Rap or soft rock then your ass needs to hit up them internet searches.

There are so many rappers nowadays too.
Shit is WAY too over saturated.

Can't even name all these assholes. And now you have to actually search for other types of music.
If it isn't Pop, Rap or soft rock then your ass needs to hit up them internet searches.

You forgot dubstep.

I think the worst sort of modern rap is that techno rap BS. I don't see why its so popular.

Seems like there's way too many hip hop songs nowadays that are collabs between a rapper and an R&B artist

Shit got old when Ja Rule and Ashanti started doing it

Can't forget that every song sounds about the same, can't tell the difference unless they whore out Auto tune. I don't think all Modern Artist are bad, but some just over do it and it begins to get old. Big Sean is my favorite Modern Artist and it kills me to see Drake fall with Young Money, before they signed hi, he spat some true shit back in 08-09. Now he assimilated with the rest. Hitting Chris brown in the face with a bottle and shit :rofl:

Lol I didn't know dub was on TV now.
Load hab mercy on dem chirren :laugh:

You can't escape it.

*turns on tv* WUB WUB WUB WUB

*Turns on toaster* WUB WUB WUB WUB

There's dubstep in a LOT of rap as well now, especially UK Hip hop, its gosh darn terrible.

You guys have to hit up the underground in search of true hip hop gold.

Look up Rhymesayers Entertainment.
You shall thank me later

Modern Rap will never be as good as the old-school rap when artists had beefs(Rivalries) with other artists. An example could be the beef between 50-Cent and Ja Rule. They were always trying to out do the other, by using good tracks and real talent.

Of course they were just trying to make money, but it was better because they had some competition and it wasn't all about partying. It was about life and events that take place.

Soulja Boy is the one who killed rap.
The one that helped start the skinny jean nonsense.
And the one who turned G's into dancers.

People always talk about hating Bieber.
They need to turn that hate towards Boy.