Comparing Injustice to DOA5

C-Sword

DoA5 achieves that in some risky ways that could turn hardcore folks off. Team Ninja strives to make all fights seem like “the climax of a Hollywood blockbuster,” Hayashi said, and stages feature heavy interactive elements.

These interactive elements aren’t merely a few breaking walls, either. We saw one stage where a helicopter flew overhead and launched missiles in the midst of the battle. In another circus stage, gamers could throw their adversaries into tunnel and watch a giant clown-head spit them out.

“We’ve seen fighting games grow as character-vs.-character fights,” Hayashi said. “For DoA, the stage is actually exploding around you. We’re really upping the interactivity in those stages.

“That’s something that only Dead or Alive has, and we’ve really brought that out.”

But DoA hardly seems to go “all-in” with its entertainment approach. Granted, it’s hard to make a judgment on the quality of the game’s interactive elements after seeing just two levels, but Team Ninja’s “Hollywood blockbuster” effect seems subtle when compared against what we saw from Injustice: Gods Among Us.

That much-hyped 2013 superhero fighter — from NetherRealms, the folks who brought us Mortal Kombat — will also feature highly interactive environments. A hands-off demo of that game showcased DC Comics villain Solomon Grundy using a car to smash Batman, then piledriving the superhero through a building into another vast section.

But while that game feels largely over-the-top — and perhaps caters more to the masses — Hayashi says DoA5 will “invite” new users while still targeting the series’ longtime cult following.

Tekken and Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat? If DoA has its way, those titles may have some company later this year.

“We don’t have the established history of a Superman or a Batman,” he said. “But for the series, it’s how you raise those characters, and raise them like raising a child. For us, we have to make Dead or Alive 5 the game that supports the people who have supported us for all these years.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ng-game-party-article-1.1100611#ixzz1yf02pLaZ

Got bored of the DOA5 demo after a day or 2, no big changes since 4 except the more interactive stages and the Special attack that everyone will spam the shit out of since it doesn't need to recharge.
Comparing these 2 fighters is like comparing FF with Fallout.

Same genre, totally different games.

I'll be playing MK a lil longer I think cuz both Injustice and DOA are no MK contestants by a longshot.
Don't want to troll, just my personal opinion.

(PS: NG3 Coll Ed has the DOA5 Alpha demo) for the peeps not knowing but craving for a try at the game :)

I'm concerned about all this "interactive stage" stuff I have a bad feeling that there going to be some broken elements because of it but we'll see

Hmm. Interesting feats. It kinda reminds me of SSB about the environment getting involved while fighting on those particular stages. Well, I hope they at least deviate from each other with a variety of battlegrounds.

Has there been any footage of the interactivity of the stages in Injustice?

I'll be playing MK a lil longer I think cuz both Injustice and DOA are no MK contestants by a longshot.
Don't want to troll, just my personal opinion.

(PS: NG3 Coll Ed has the DOA5 Alpha demo) for the peeps not knowing but craving for a try at the game :)

What? I still play DOA4 to this day, was playing it last night actually and been playing since 2005. I quit playing MK in February, I will still play it.

Just the level of fun DOA has surpasses.

Still play DOA4 a lot, but DOA5 truly seems to be too random with all the interactivity and increased speed. I still believe Itagaki when he said "I don't see how we can improve from DOA4 now". DOA5 doesn't seem to have anything that would make me want to replace DOA4 with it. They even changed the characters when they are talking about raising them, what a contradiction.

Interactivity in Injustice doesn't really bother me yet. But that's probably because I quit playing MK the moment I had unlocked all the endings. The gameplay just isn't fun enough in itself to keep me (or anyone I know) playing. So what I'm really worried about is whether even the core gameplay of Injustice will keep me entertained for long. Difference is that I don't really care for MK's world in the first place, but I really want Injustice to succeed and be a fun game.

I only played DOA4 once and I really liked it from what little time I played it. I personally believe that the DOA team should've released some DLC rather than making a new game.

As for MK, I tried to tell myself that it was just me being in a bad mood, but unfortunately MK isn't really fun anymore. Like honesty, every time I want to put it inside my PS3 I hesitate because I think to myself "What are you going to do? Arcade mode again?" I would love to play online but battles either disconnect or some immature person decides to quit before my victory, which I can't stand.

From what has been shown about Injustice really intrigues me because it seems different from other fighters. The character designs are fantastic and I'm personally ready for a new fighting game. The interactive environments should bring lots of time for exploration and tactic building for defeating an opponent. DOA5 looks very similar to DOA4 but like others have mentioned, the interactive environments might throw off the game's balance. I believe that the DOA team and NRS will solve as many problems as they can before the release of their games. So let's try not to worry just yet.

I'm concerned about all this "interactive stage" stuff I have a bad feeling that there going to be some broken elements because of it but we'll see

I know I'm late to the party on this message but

I imagine there will be heavy stage bans/counter picking in the sense they do in Super smash brothers melee tournaments. I can see a character having a large advantage against another on a certain stage, and not having an advantage on another stage.

Not saying you think this lariat but to anyone who reads this in general.

If you think stage involvemnt is "unfair or has a random element" That's wrong.

It's up to you to properly position yourself. You're gonna be out of your comfort zone because most people don't usually think about their positioning unless you start nearing a corner.

But in this game I can see you having to constantly worry about where you are and where your opponent is. Which will make some people have to leave a comfort zone they wont' like and they'll chock it up to "It's not fair the stage saved you, or it's not fair you only won because of the stage"

I can see the tears already.

SSBM for example on Yoshi's stories it has a cloud that rotates under the stage. You can memorize the time clock to know where the cloud is at all time and when it's gonna come out of the stage or go into the stage. IF you choose not to do this however, when the cloud "Saves" someone who wasn't going to make it and you "Call it luck" it's not luck. You can know when the cloud is gonna be there and you could've prevented the recovery. IF you're not paying attention it's seemingly random.

But it's not random.