Sektor Guide 2.0 ~ Return of the Red Messiah

BBBLP

Robot Rock

Credit to Zephna for the format
Credit to Somberness on TYM for the Frame Data
Credit Aeonseraph, the picture

Sektor

MK3-12_Sektor-PR1.png

The key to winning with Sektor is speed. Your Instant Air Teleports (now referred to as iat), your dashes & your quick normals will see to it that you get that skull under your life bar.

Notations:
1 = X/Square
2 = Y/Triangle
3 = A/X
4 = B/Circle
BnB = Bread and butter, go-to combo
iat = instant air teleport
* = New phase of juggle command
Cancel into = Input the command for the special move during the previous attack
F = forward
B = back
D = down
U = up/jump

Spoiler:
While not in possession as the same technical tools as Cyrax, Sektor still boasts power when he digs into his schematics.

Missile: 8% Sektor's main projectile. A fairly speedy move that works well with up missiles when zoning. Also useful for making his 1, 2, 2 string safer when blocked.

Double Missile (Ex variant): 13% Not as useful as Sektor's other EX options. Use only when you need that guaranteed damage to secure the win. Does the same amount of chip as the Straight Missile. Pushes opponent back when blocked.

Flame Burner: 8% great anti air when combined with a back dash. Also useful for ending combos to ensure the opponent is on their feet so you needn't worry about wake ups. Great tool against most physical special attacks as very few can get past it. Horrible recovery on block, so be cautious about throwing it out naked. Has pushback when blocked.

Flame Thrower (Ex variant): 12% increased range and recovery, though still not as useful as his other meter options. However it has a longer duration on whiff, so it could in theory be used to anti air someone who delayed their jump. As with the Double Missile, use only when you need that extra damage to win. Has pushback when blocked.

Up Missile: 8% Useful for zoning when mixing up the behind & front variants of it. Also has hit stun, allowing for a full combo if it connects while you're within proper distance. Great when used after juggling with b2. Forces opponent to either roll back, wake up attack or block to avoid it. Some wake ups are interrupted by it. Be wary of armored characters, fast specials and teleporters. Can be used as an anti crossup when timed correctly. Has very small amount of pushback when blocked, while insignificant it is interesting considering the fact that the Straight Missile has none.

Homing Missile (Ex variant): 8% One of Sektor's greatest tools. Virtually immobilizes the opponent. The missile is slower than the regular Up versions, however this is not a negative because it allows you to close the distance on your opponent before it connects. Be wary of characters such as Jade, Smoke & Nightwolf when using this because of their anti projectile moves. It is also important to know that this attack does NO chip damage. Insignificant amount of pushback.

Teleport Uppercut: 6% Sektor's signature move, and his most useful asset of all. The backbone of Sektor's combos. Can be used off of a simple jump kick for impressive damage, very useful for people who are D4 happy. Important to know about the iat. The Instant Air Teleport is used by jumping backwards or forward (preferable backwards) and quickly inputting the command. Very useful to practice in training mode. If done correctly is will reduce the startup of the attack. Deathrolls on block, so be careful about throwing it out randomly.

Metal Uppercut (Ex Variant): 6% on first hit 6% on second. If TU is the backbone of Sektor's combos, then MU is the meat. Doubles Sektor's combo potential. Safer on block than his TU.

Massive Missile (X-Ray):
32% when thrown out in the nude. Armored projectile attack that has nightmarish recovery when blocked. Like the Double Missile, only use when the damage is your key to winning. Best used in a combo or to trade in a projectile war.

Spoiler:

Front Punch (Jab) ~ 1: Sektor has one of the fastest jabs in the game at 6 frames. He is able to punish things most characters cannot and it can get him out of pressure/some block strings. Key to Sektor's pressure game. Whiffs crouching opponents, so watch the uppercut punishes.

Crouching Jab ~ D1: Also important to Seksek's pressure game. Stuffs the uppercuts and can be quite frustrating when combined with dashes. Susceptible to crossups though, so watch for them.

Gut Crusher ~ B2: A very valuable tool in Sektor's juggles. Very fast and does more damage than any of his normal specials. Has respectable range. Punishable when blocked.

Charging Elbow ~ F2: Though not as fast as Gut Crusher (Very close however) F2 makes up with its godlike range. Able to connect from just out of sweep distance, this is Sektor's farthest reaching normal making up for his tiny T-Rex arms. Also able to combo into his Flame Burner for surprise damage. Can stop jumps if timed correctly. Good to start off with this move in the beginning of a match. Fairly safe on block.

Toe Kick ~ B3: Sektor's primary low combo starter. Very fast and safe when blocked. Combo into 4 then TU for big damage.

Leg Lift ~ U3: Sektor's only special stance. Allows him to either use a low combo starter (3, 4) or overhead (4). The overhead can be comboed into TU, but cannot be hit confirmed. You must input the commands immediately for to to come out.

Artificial Intelligence ~ 1, 2 B1: Sektor's main pop-up juggle starter. Be warned that the first two hits whiff crouching opponents, so watch for those uppercuts.

Hard Crash ~ 1, 2, 2: Sektor's only other overhead. Not very viable outside of juggling considering the first two hits whiff crouching opponents.

Drive Power ~ B2 1: Very common Sektor combo ender/ quick punish.

Last edited:
Re: Sektor Thread 2.0 ~ Return of the Red Messiah

Sektor's Frame Data

Somberness' guide to understanding Frame Data

Spoiler:

Execution
1 - 6
1,1 - 9
1,1,B+1 - 18
1,2 - 13
1,2,2 - 23
1,2,4 - 22
1,2,B+1 - 12
1,3 - 17
2 - 9
2,1 - 11
2,1,4 - 28
3 - 15
4 - 15
D+1 - 6
D+2 - 8
D+3 - 7
D+4 - 12
B+1 - 16
B+2 - 13
B+2,1 - 11
B+3 - 12
B+3,4 - 17
B+4 - 19
F+2 - 15
F+2,B+1 - 23
F+4 - 17
F+4,3 - 15
F+4,4 - 24
U+3 (start up) - 14
3 - 6
3,4 - 17
4 - 15
Throw - 10
Flame Burner - 18
Flame Burner (max range) - 24
Straight Missile - 20
Straight Missile (full screen) - 51
Teleport Uppercut - 29
Teleport Uppercut (air,minimum) - 16
Up Missile - 70 (against standing opponent, 33 start up)
Flame Thrower - 18
Flame Thrower (max range) - 29
Double Missile - 20
Double Missile (full screen) - 51
Metal Uppercut - 31
Metal Uppercut (air,minimum) - 17
Homing Missile - 81 (against standing opponent, 23 start up)
Homing Missile (full screen) - 107
Massive Missile - 23
Massive Missile (full screen) - 42

Block Advantage
1 - 0
1,1 - 0
1,1,B+1 - 0
1,2 - 0
1,2,2 - -9
1,2,4 - -10
1,2,B+1 - -3
1,3 - 0
2 - 0
2,1 - 0
2,1,4 - 0
3 - 0
4 - -6
D+1 - -15
D+2 - -3
D+3 - -8
D+4 - 0
B+1 - 0
B+2 - -10
B+2,1 - -4
B+3 - 0
B+3,4 - 0
B+4 - -2
F+2 - 0
F+2,B+1 - -31
F+4 - 0
F+4,3 - 0
F+4,4 - 0
U+3
3 - 0
3,4 - 0
4 - 0
Flame Burner - -18
Straight Missile - -12
Teleport Uppercut - -45
Up Missile - +44
Flame Thrower - -17
Double Missile - -5
Metal Uppercut - -6
Homing Missile (minimum) - +60
Massive Missile - -39

Hit Advantage
1 - 0
1,1 - +5
1,1,B+1 - +7
1,2 - +7
1,2,2 - +16
1,2,4 - +1
1,2,B+1 - +61, +49
1,3 - +2
2 - +15
2,1 - 0
2,1,4 - +44, +13
3 - +5
4 - +2
D+1 - -7
D+1 (vs crouch) - -9
D+2 - +29, +22
D+3 - +2
D+3 (vs crouch) - +9
D+4 - +11
D+4 (vs crouch) - +4
B+1 - +7
B+2 - +4
B+2,1 - +27, +30
B+3 - +4
B+3,4 - +46, +30
B+4 - +20, +17
F+2 - +6
F+2,B+1 - +18, +1
F+4 - +56, +39
F+4,3 - +35, +28
F+4,4 - +42, +31
U+3
3 - +4
3,4 - +46, +30
4 - +32, +27
Forward Throw - +8
Backward Throw - +11
Flame Burner - -1
Straight Missile - +26, +8
Teleport Uppercut - +59, +47
Up Missile - +56
Flame Thrower - -1
Double Missile - +26, +8
Metal Uppercut - +54, +43
Homing Missile - +74
Massive Missile - +7

Duration
1 - 22
1,1 - 36
1,1,B+1 - 65
1,2 - 40
1,2,2 - 83
1,2,4 - 83
1,2,B+1 - 66
1,3 - 52
2 - 28
2,1 - 41
2,1,4 - 73
3 - 36
4 - 48
D+1 - 27
D+2 - 49
D+3 - 21
D+4 - 34
B+1 - 39
B+2 - 43
B+2,1 - 63
B+3 - 38
B+3,4 - 57
B+4 - 48
F+2 - 35
F+2,B+1 - 65
F+4 - 41
F+4,3 - 55
F+4,4 - 67
U+3 - 14-33
3 - 32
3,4 - 51
4 - 36
Throw - 36
Flame Burner - 50
Straight Missile - 52
Teleport Uppercut - 62
Up Missile - 53
Flame Thrower - 103
Double Missile - 52
Metal Uppercut - 64
Homing Missile - 47
Massive Missile - 89

Cancel Advantage (block)
1 - +14
1,1 - +15
1,2 - +26
1,2,2 - +22
1,2,4 - +23
1,3 - +25
2 - +23
2,1 - +20
3 - +23
4 - +24
D+1 - 0
D+3 - +2
D+4 - +25
B+2 - +12
B+3 - +18
B+3,4 - +17 (+28 if teleport is used)
F+2 - +25
F+4 - +22
F+4,3 - +15 (+28 if teleport is used)
F+4,4 - +15 (+26 if teleport is used)
U+3
3 - +18
3,4 - +17 (+28 if teleport is used)
4 - +16 (+28 if teleport is used)

Cancel Advantage (hit)
1 - +20
1,1 - +18
1,2 - +23
1,2,2 - +47
1,2,4 - +34
1,3 - +30
2 - +30
2,1 - +37
3 - +28
4 - +32
D+1 - +8
D+1 (vs crouch) - +6
D+3 - +12
D+3 (vs crouch) - +19
D+4 - +31
D+4 (vs crouch) - +24
B+2 - +34
B+3 - +21
B+3,4 - +58, +41 (+69, +52 if teleport is used)
F+2 - +24
F+4 - +75, +58
F+4,3 - +41, +34 (+54, +47 if teleport is used)
F+4,4 - +53, +42 (+64, +53 if teleport is used)
U+3
3 - +21
3,4 - +58, +41 (+69, +52 if teleport is used)
4 - +45, +41 (+57, +53 if teleport is used)

Miscellaneous
Breaker (when grounded vs grounded opponent) - ~+12, ~+11

Last edited:

BnB's, Combos, Setups & Strategies

Spoiler:

Mid screen:

~Off of naked TU~
Immediately B2, 1 (toy with the timing in practice mode) * 1, 2 cancel into flame or straight missile (it does the same amount of damage) 29% with no meter

Jump in Punch (JiP), 1, 2, B1 * F4, 4 cancel into TU * 1, 2 cancel into flame burner
38% with no bar. 35% without JiP.

JiP, 1, 2, B1 * jump forward kick cancel into TU * 1, 2 ~ dash forward ~ 1 cancel into flame burner
36% with no bar. Easier than above combo. 33% without JiP

JiP, 1, 2, B1 * F4, 4 cancel into TU * Jump forward kick into Metal Uppercut (Ex TU) * B2, 1
47% damage with 1 bar. Without the JiP you get 44% damage. You can switch F4, 4 for a jump forward kick to make it easier, but you also sacrifice 2% damage on the combo.

In the corner:

1, 2, b1 ~ allow opponent to fall for approximately 1 second ~ 1, 2 * 1, 2 * 1, 2, 2 cancel into flame burner
36% with no bar, simple to do

1, 2, b1 ~ allow opponent to fall, bit less than a second ~ b2, 1 * 1, 2 * 1, 2, 2 cancel into flame burner
43% with no bar, difficult to get the b2, 1 online. Offline, this should be your go-to corner combo.

Corner, off of Neutral Jump Punch:

NJP, ~ allow opponent to fall for a second ~ 1, 2 * 1, 2 * 1, 2, 2 cancel into flame burner
26% with no bar

NJP, ~ allow opponent to fall for a second ~ b2, 1 * 1, 2 * 1, 2, 2 cancel into flame burner
38% with no bar

X-ray:

~corner~
JiP, 1, 2, b1 * B2, 1 * 1, 2 * 1, 2 X-ray
53% using all bars. Again use only when desperate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ It's a low string. If it was a starter you would be about to combo after it.

1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * Jump forward kick into Metal Uppercut (Ex TU) * B2, 1 = 45% (F4,3 does more damage)

I use 1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * B3, 4 into Metal Uppercut (Ex TU) * B2, 1 or B2, Flame = 45%

Off of a NJP mid screen I use F4, 3 TU B3, 4 TU = 30%

For mid screen I use 3 different combos

If I want them to stay on the side of the screen I started the combo on I use;
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * B3, 4 TU 36%

If I want to switch sides I use
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * B2,1 or B2, Flame 36% (I use flame if they have a good wake up game.)

If I can zone them out I use;
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * 1, 2 cancel into flame burner 35%

For missile set ups I use;
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * 21 UpMissile = 31%(it's very safe but your not too close)

Spoiler:

An ideal setup is to use your missiles after a B2 juggle, as mentioned above.

Majestic scenario:

1, 2, b1 * jump forward kick cancel into TU * jump forward cancel into MU * B2 cancel into up missile
31%

Up missile connects and causes hit stun, JiP, 1, 2, B1 * jump forward kick cancel into TU* jump forward kick cancel into MU* B2, 1 51%

Using those two extremely basic combos you just got off 90% damage with 2 bars because of an unblocked up missile. Your opponent is guaranteed to respect your missiles on their wake up and will do anything to get out of that scenario.

Remember to vary your behind and front up missiles during their wake up to catch rolls and offensive attacks. Throw out the occasional block n' punish instead when you expect a wakeup attack to get away from the missile. Such as Kung Lao's Ex Spin or Nightwolf's shoulder.

Homing Missile shenanigans:

Use your homing missile to immobilize most characters. Allowing you to close your distance and either use knee lift mix ups (beware of fuzzy blockers), a throw or apply pressure. Know that the missile will knock YOU down if you throw them, but you will take no damage, they will take 9%. I find it best to apply pressure since it has less negatives than the other two options.

Spoiler:

Against zoners:

Use your iat at unpredictable times.
Because if it gets blocked you're taking damage and getting blasted back to the other side of the screen.
Use your missiles accordingly because one knock down with your straight missile and your ready to begin your own zoning game with your missile-mix up pressure. Use homing missile to immobilize them and begin the missile pressure immediately.

Against rushers:

Your jabs are your friends, and never forget ya boy F2, he's down with you for life. Use flame when they are at about mid screen, ensuring that if they take a step forward they're getting burnt. Sektor has horrible wake ups since he has no armor. Wake up roll if you have to, but remember that his MU is his safest special on block. So be character specific when you're knocked down.

Random tidbits:

Sektor's greatest weakness, non sektor players avert your eyes ;), is that you have no reason at all to block high against him. He only has 2 overheads and both are easy to see coming. So Sektor's throw is his secret weapon.

Sektor has one of the fastest dashes in the game.

Human Sektor's missiles have slower start up, but travel faster.

Human Sektor's X-ray hits lower

B2 can easily be canceled into flame by pressing f2 during B2.

Spoiler:

Outside source videos not made by me, that will help you level up your Sektor

GameFrontDotCom's very basic Sektor guide, for true beginners

UnderTheMayo's video guide to Sektor

Last edited:

Awesome! Contemplating picking up Sektor so this will help a lot =) If nothing else it'll help me learn the matchup. Thanks!

Amazing job bro 8)

I learned a few things about Sektor, Can't wait to see the rest.

Double posts everywhere :cool:

Thanks guys, its still not finished.
TYM wasn't loading up for me last night so I couldn't get the FD.
Going to finish this when I get off of work today. I kept referencing your guide Vital to make this one.

Thank you n9, going to put it in the op when I get back.

Awwww :love:

Why reference my guide? It's terrible <_<

Guide is just about complete.
Probably going to add a matchup section later down the road.

Other than that please feel free to tell me what you think, point out errors, offer suggestions and contributions :)

Everything I learned from fighting Sektor is from you, Ames, And Tabb.

So my knowledge is mostly an extent of your thread because your sektor BBBLP is the only real super challenging one I've fought.

Damn, thanks ya Critical.

And for the record, I've NEVER raged against anyone as hard as you.
Your Ermac has more controller breaking potential than any other I've ever seen.

Damn, thanks ya Critical.

And for the record, I've NEVER raged against anyone as hard as you.
Your Ermac has more controller breaking potential than any other I've ever seen.

lol, Well I guess that's a compliment? lol. Dunno if you'r saying I'm good, or if I play in a annoying unfun way.

No, no you're good.
You're gooder din hell.

THAT

GOD
DAMN

LOW STARTER!!!!

No, no you're good.
You're gooder din hell.

THAT

GOD
DAMN

LOW STARTER!!!!

lol, the guys I play with just block low 24/7. You can block low right after a Jip or crossover punch. Then fuzzy a high block just after you see me start a move.

that should cover both my low starter and my up+4 overhead. Leaving me only the option to pressure.

The real mix ups from me are from my Unblockable.

Thanks though man :D

You got some good mindgames.

Last edited:
It's not a low starter, but it's a simple move Ermac has that hits low.

IT is a low starter. It's just a low starter that only hits twice, and can't transfer into a lift.

It's just smarter to not do the second move most of the time because if they block the kicks then the fist swing that comes after whiffs over their head.

The string is F4,2. So it's "technically" a low starter.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ It's a low string. If it was a starter you would be about to combo after it.

1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * Jump forward kick into Metal Uppercut (Ex TU) * B2, 1 = 45% (F4,3 does more damage)

I use 1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * B3, 4 into Metal Uppercut (Ex TU) * B2, 1 or B2, Flame = 45%

Off of a NJP mid screen I use F4, 3 TU B3, 4 TU = 30%

For mid screen I use 3 different combos

If I want them to stay on the side of the screen I started the combo on I use;
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * B3, 4 TU 36%

If I want to switch sides I use
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * B2,1 or B2, Flame 36% (I use flame if they have a good wake up game.)

If I can zone them out I use;
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * 1, 2 cancel into flame burner 35%

For missile set ups I use;
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * 21 UpMissile = 31%(it's very safe but your not too close)

Last edited: