Sektor Guide 2.0 ~ Return of the Red Messiah

^^^^^^^^^^^^ It's a low string. If it was a starter you would be about to combo after it.

1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * Jump forward kick into Metal Uppercut (Ex TU) * B2, 1 = 45% (F4,3 does more damage)

I use 1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * B3, 4 into Metal Uppercut (Ex TU) * B2, 1 or B2, Flame = 45%

Off of a NJP mid screen I use F4, 3 TU B3, 4 TU = 30%

For mid screen I use 3 different combos

If I want them to stay on the side of the screen I started the combo on I use;
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * B3, 4 TU 36%

If I want to switch sides I use
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * B2,1 or B2, Flame 36% (I use flame if they have a good wake up game.)

If I can zone them out I use;
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * 1, 2 cancel into flame burner 35%

For missile set ups I use;
1, 2, B1 * F4, 3 cancel into TU * 21 UpMissile = 31%(it's very safe but your not too close)

I've always seen it as if the string has a low beginning then it's a low starter. Didn't think it had to be a full punish combo to be considered a low starter.

EDIT:
If it's the case I'll keep it in mind for when i throw the word around.

for instance sneaky saibot has a low at the end of it. Is this also just considered a low string, even though it is at the end?

EDIT:

Do you guys know some good strings/combos that end with the opponent having you next to them to guess on your 50/50 knee raise guess? I know most scenarios they can do wake ups but that's another story so I guess it's a 30/30/30. Block their wake up/Overhead/Low

I saw a sektor do a weird combo at a tournament that he kept repeating that he kept doing the knee raise 50/50 on them. He was being greedy and going for a reset opportunity rather than get the guaranteed damage.

Last edited:
^^^ when the guy your fighting respects a upmissile or a Homing missiles you get a free Jip and leg lift.

I always saw starters as combo starters. Not just the first hit of a string. Like if the last hit is over head and it launches then it would be an overhead starter. But idk I could be wrong.

Just hit a Cage player with the 52% corner combo (Didn't use the up missile so it only did 48%), dude quit after seeing the damage and sent me a message saying "wtf was that"

Ok, so i've been messing about with Sektor in the training room and I think I might learn him. I've got a question is B+2 safe at max range? Also you can hit confirm b+2 into b+2, 1, d+1 flame burner for 23% or cancel the d+1 into an x-ray for 43%. I don't know if that is useful or not but I didn't see it in the combo list.

Theres a difference between robot sektor and shang tsung lookalike sektor, right? Which one is better?

Theres a difference between robot sektor and shang tsung lookalike sektor, right? Which one is better?

Yeah, its in the OP, but it all depends on how you like your Seksek.
There's no real difference in their normals. Just missile attacks and maybe a small change in teleports.
But as far as I know the teleports are pretty much the same. Human has more startup on his missiles, but they travel faster.

Yeah, its in the OP, but it all depends on how you like your Seksek.
There's no real difference in their normals. Just missile attacks and maybe a small change in teleports.
But as far as I know the teleports are pretty much the same. Human has more startup on his missiles, but they travel faster.

Ok, thanks. I guess it depends on the matchup. Also, sorry to ask so many questions, but can the homing missile (or whatever its called, the one that locks on to he opponent) be projectile parried by Smoke?

Questions are gewd
Yesh it can.

And I could be completely wrong, but I'm pretty sure that when Nightwolf reflects his homing missile he reflects it back as a straight missile.

Thanks, you have been of great help, warrior.

Ok, so i've been messing about with Sektor in the training room and I think I might learn him. I've got a question is B+2 safe at max range? Also you can hit confirm b+2 into b+2, 1, d+1 flame burner for 23% or cancel the d+1 into an x-ray for 43%. I don't know if that is useful or not but I didn't see it in the combo list.

I figured out my question there, but yeah, not sure if that b2, 1 combo is useful, just sharing what I found.

Thanks, you have been of great help, warrior.

I figured out my question there, but yeah, not sure if that b2, 1 combo is useful, just sharing what I found.

But B2 can be cancelled into flamethrower I'd imagine that would be better in most situations.

But B2 can be cancelled into flamethrower I'd imagine that would be better in most situations.

I honestly don't use Sektor (i'mma pick him up tomorrow) I was just stating what I found, but I guess that'd be better if the opponent had meter since its unbreaker-able however, b2, 1 - d1 - 1 flamethrower gets 25% damage and builds more meter so if the opponent doesn't have meter for a breaker then i'd do that.

I honestly don't use Sektor (i'mma pick him up tomorrow) I was just stating what I found, but I guess that'd be better if the opponent had meter since its unbreaker-able however, b2, 1 - d1 - 1 flamethrower gets 25% damage and builds more meter so if the opponent doesn't have meter for a breaker then i'd do that.

Isn't that only possible to do in the corner he has much better options than that in the corner and you don't build meter when hitting your opponent.