IGN bashing the game already

Wow, um, don't know what to say, other than this is just plain stupid.

How can anyone judge a game that isn't even completed yet?

Holy shit.

I am not sticking up for the game and saying it will definitely be amazing, but, come on, the game is far from release, and people are bashing it already?

HE MUST SEE IN TO THE FUTURE

SfxT is an extremely solid game.
Aside from a few poor design choices, its a very competent fighter.

I hate capcom has become but there is no denying they know how to make sound fighter.

Nobody can really decide that based on the 40 seconds of brief gameplay we saw.

You can't spell "IGN"orant without "IGN" what they don't know about gaming could fill a book. I bet they wrote this because WB refused to pay them off.

The studio sucks at 3d.. of course it will suck. The graphics aren't even impressive.

"Although this isn't a Mortal Kombat game, it seems to me like it's going to leave people in the exact same spot. This is a T-rated fighter that looks a lot like Mortal Kombat, but it's lacking the brutality that makes that game standout."

completly agree.
they should be doing the next mk. if this is going to be a 2013 release, then that means there prolly wont be another mk game til 2014-15 which sucks balls. bc i dont picture nrs doing 2 titles at once.

i dont see why trmk is even posting the news for this game. its trmk not trdc.
yea nrs is working on it, but has nothing at all to do with mk.

just wanna stay on wb's sack i guess

Holy shit.

I am not sticking up for the game and saying it will definitely be amazing, but, come on, the game is far from release, and people are bashing it already?

You're talking about IGN here, though. lulz.
When it comes to anything MK or NRS related, they are completely clueless.
I take EVERYTHING MK\NRS related that they say with a grain of salt.

I mean, these are the same idiots who brought us this :laugh::

Jack DeVries and all the other IGN baffoons know NOTHING, when it comes to MK or NRS games.

That's what people were saying when I said MK VS DC would suck. :p haha

You had good reason to assume that though as the last few titles were less than ok to be called a fighting game. So naturally you'd assume the next installment is garbage.

This time you dont have the same thing to back your view. Mk9 was a success with a few flaws that their team knows about. If you don't keep up with the pro scene NRS goes to their own tournaments occasionally and support the game and get feedback from pros ska learning their mistakes.

So you should be assuming it would be decent based off history of NRS action.

"Although this isn't a Mortal Kombat game, it seems to me like it's going to leave people in the exact same spot. This is a T-rated fighter that looks a lot like Mortal Kombat, but it's lacking the brutality that makes that game standout."

completly agree.
they should be doing the next mk. if this is going to be a 2013 release, then that means there prolly wont be another mk game til 2014-15 which sucks balls. bc i dont picture nrs doing 2 titles at once.

What? You're clearly new here. TRMK isn't only a mk fan site, it likes to support every thing NRS does. Nrs has a growing dev team they can work on MK and injustice at the same time. And no it don't suck last thing we need are yearly MK updates get that fps mentality outta here.

completly agree.

It's a fighting game that comes from the creators of Mortal Kombat, so yes, naturally they would want community support, not just from MK fans but from DC comics and fighting game fans in general.

If NRS ONLY did MK games, they'd be bankrupt.
That's part of the reason Midway was doing so bad.
They didn't expand their horizon.

Don't like it? Then don't buy it.
No one is forcing you to buy it.

Personally, I don't judge a game BEFORE it comes out, because until I get the game in MY hands, it's all just hear-say.
Can't say a game is crap if you haven't played it yet.

EDIT:
Hell, I don't like God Of War, but I played the games before I formed an opinion on them.

If NRS ONLY did MK games, they'd be bankrupt.
That's part of the reason Midway was doing so bad.
They didn't expand their horizon.

On the contrary, Midway did diversify. Spy Hunter, NFL Blitz, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, and NBA Jam are some non-MK games that Midway had under its belt. However, none of them achieved the commercial success and staying power that MK did.

On the contrary, Midway did diversify. Spy Hunter, NFL Blitz, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, and NBA Jam are some non-MK games that Midway has under its belt. However, none of them achieved the commercial success and staying power that MK did.

Ok, so with the exception of Blitz and NBA Jam, the others sold horribly.
My point was that NRS / WB needs to do more projects than just MK games.
I wouldn't want to see them doing MK games every year like Capcom does with SF, because then it becomes absurd and monotonous, but at the same time diversity is good for a change.
Capcom doesn't ONLY do MvC games, they have other IP's.

Why shouldn't NRS be allowed to diversify?

Also, first and foremost, this thread was about bashing Injustice before the game is even out.
Him saying that a game sucks, when he hasn't played it himself, is the equivalent of wiping before shitting.
That opinion is invalid.

If I say that a game sucks, it's because I've PLAYED IT before, and think it sucks.
Saying that you don't like that style of game or the way it looks is fine, but you can't outright say that it sucks if you have no pretense to base it on, because the game isn't out yet..

Last edited:
Ok, so with the exception of Blitz and NBA Jam, the others sold horribly.
My point was that NRS / WB needs to do more projects than just MK games.
I wouldn't want to see them doing MK games every year like Capcom does with SF, because then it becomes absurd and monotonous, but at the same time diversity is good for a change.
Capcom doesn't ONLY do MvC games, they have other IP's.

Why shouldn't NRS be allowed to diversify?

Where did I say NRS should not diversify? All I said was Midway did make attempts at games outside MK...no more, no less.

Comander said:
EDIT:
Hell, I don't like God Of War, but I played the games before I formed an opinion on them.

I had to clean the screen so many times. lol

Holy shit.

He must win! *Dies*

I know I never passed judgement on Halo until I played Halo 1 never played a Halo game after that.

And that's cool.
You played it, didn't like it, and decided it's not for you.
I can look at certain games and say, based on game demos or gameplay videos that it isn't my type of game, but at the end of the day I reserved judgement for AFTER I've played it myself.

Truth be told, I'm not that hyped about the trailer. I'm not particularly attached to DC, so I'm not going to appreciate it the same way like a DC fan would. However, as fighting game fan, I'll wait for new information or media for any interesting developments.

On the other end of the spectrum...While won't outright say a game will suck before actually playing, there are some games I'm simply not interested in playing. Let's be honest, all of us have been guilty of looking at game footage and thinking, "Hmmm...I'm not sure if this game for me". Unfortunately, there are so many games out there, I find it a better use of my time and money to play something that I am excited than risking something I'm not sure about.

Anyways, video game journalism is one big joke, although IGN is getting singled out because people here got butthurt by the MK9 review. It wouldn't the first time some writer of publication forms an opinion positive or negative before actually getting their hands on the game.

Last edited:
Anyways, video game journalism is one big joke, although IGN is getting singled out because people here got butthurt by the MK9 review.

No, people here don't like IGN (at least speaking for myself), because IGN people look like complete asses every time they mention something Mortal Kombat.
They need a Mortal Kombat expert (or experts) to talk about MK, and not a bunch of fools who come off as being complete morons, when they talk about something that they have very little to no knowledge on.

For goodness sakes, half of the people here on TRMK would make better MK experts for IGN than some of the people they have on staff.
Just take a look at some of the fan fiction and stories that people come up with.
IGN needs someone on staff that knows these characters and storylines inside and out, and who is legit knowledgeable on the subject matter, not some random casual who plays MK twice in the last 6 years for an MK review.