Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

iViTal

mileena_by_faceaway-d4mwlc2.jpg

This thread was create to replace the old Mileena thread that was outdated and had old info, please post any new Tech, resets, Strats etc Here relating to Mileena. Please keep this thread strictly about Mileena gameplay and match ups. Thanks :]

-iVital

Frame Data

Spoiler:
How to understand this.
Execution
1 - 13
1,1 - 16
1,1,2 - 19
2 - 16
2,3 - 20
2,3,4 - 17
3 - 16
3,4 - 18
4 - 14
4,2 - 23
D+1 - 6
D+2 - 10
D+3 - 7
D+4 - 12
B+1 - 24
B+1,4 - 22
B+2 - 35
B+3 - 21
B+3,B+4 - 21
B+4 - 19
F+2 - 27
F+3 - 22
F+3,1+2 - 22
U+4 - 27
Neutral Jump Kick - 10
Neutral Jump Punch - 9
Diagonal Jump Kick - 8
Diagonal Jump Punch - 5
Throw - 10
Sai Blast - 19
Sai Blast (full screen) - 42
Sai Blast (air) - 14
Sai Blast (air, full screen) - 38
Leaping Neckbite - 21
Teleport Drop - ~24
Teleport Drop (air) - ~30
Ball Roll - 12
Ball Roll (max distance) - 28
Sai Bursts - 20
Sai Bursts (full screen) - 44
Sai Bursts (air) - 16
Sai Bursts (air, full screen) - 40
Leaping Lunch - 21
Tricky Teleport - ~24
Tricky Teleport (air) - ~30
Smashing Ball - 12
Smashing Ball (full screen) - 54
Femme Fatale - 19

Block Advantage
1 - 0
1,1 - 0
1,1,2 - 0
2 - 0
2,3 - 0
2,3,4 - 0
3 - 0
3,4 - 0
4 - 0
4,2 - 0
D+1 - -13
D+2 - -3
D+3 - -8
D+4 - 0
B+1 - 0
B+1,4 - 0
B+2 - -5
B+3 - -3
B+3,B+4 - -3
B+4 - -5
F+2 - 0
F+3 - 0
F+3,1+2 - -32
U+4 - +9
Ball Roll - -46
Teleport Drop - ~-23
Teleport Drop (air Sai Blast) - ~-20
Leaping Neckbite - -11
Sai Blast - -9
Sai Blast (air) - ~+5
Smashing Ball - -45
Tricky Teleport - ~-12
Tricky Teleport (air Sai Blast) - ~+8
Tricky Teleport (air Sai Blast, crouch block 2nd hit) - ~-14
Leaping Lunch - -11
Sai Bursts - -1
Sai Bursts (air) - ~+5
Femme Fatale - -12

Hit Advantage
1 - 0
1,1 - +4
1,1,2 - +3
2 - +10
2,3 - +7
2,3,4 - +4
3 - +7
3,4 - +4
4 - 0
4,2 - +59, +42
D+1 - -6
D+1 (vs crouch) - -8
D+2 - +32, +25
D+3 - +2
D+3 (vs crouch) - +9
D+4 - +12
D+4 (vs crouch) - +5
B+1 - +5
B+1,4 - +41, +45
B+2 - +1
B+3 - +3
B+3,B+4 - +17, +14
B+4 - +16, +13
F+2 - 0
F+3 - +46
F+3,1+2 - +22
U+4 - +71, +59
Forward Throw - +7
Backward Throw - +7
Ball Roll - +74, +61
Teleport Drop - ~+31
Teleport Drop (air Sai Blast) - ~+28
Sai Blast - +10
Sai Blast (air) - ~+15
Leaping Neckbite - 0
Smashing Ball - +76, +64
Tricky Teleport - ~+15
Tricky Teleport (air Sai Blast) - ~+5
Sai Bursts - +19
Sai Bursts (air) - ~+15
Leaping Lunch - +20
Femme Fatale - +38

Duration
1 - 33
1,1 - 54
1,1,2 - 71
2 - 32
2,3 - 55
2,3,4 - 78
3 - 32
3,4 - 56
4 - 40
4,2 - 55
D+1 - 26
D+2 - 50
D+3 - 21
D+4 - 33
B+1 - 42
B+1,4 - 72
B+2 - 71
B+3 - 52
B+3,B+4 - 80
B+4 - 52
F+2 - 54
F+3 - 46
F+3,1+2 - 104
U+4 - 45
Throw - 36
Sai Blast - 48
Leaping Neckbite - 59
Teleport Drop - 40
Ball Roll - 40
Sai Bursts - 59
Leaping Lunch - 59
Tricky Teleport - 40
Smashing Ball - 89
Femme Fatale - 58

Cancel Advantage (block)
1 - ≥+26
1,1 - +25
1,1,2 - +25
2 - +24
2,3 - +17
2,3,4 - +20
3 - +24
3,4 - +20
4 - +25
4,2 - +24
D+1 - +1
D+3 - +1
D+4 - +26
B+1 - ≥+26
B+1,4 - +24
B+3 - +20
F+2 - +11
F+3 - +26
F+3,1+2 - +25

Cancel Advantage (hit)
1 - ≥+24
1,1 - +20
1,1,2 - +21
2 - +22
2,3 - +20
2,3,4 - +14
3 - +20
3,4 - +14
4 - +23
4,2 - +73, +56
D+1 - +9
D+1 (vs crouch) - +7
D+3 - +12
D+3 (vs crouch) - +19
D+4 - ~+32
D+4 (vs crouch) - +25
B+1 - +22
B+3 - +27
F+2 - +28
F+3 - ≥+26
F+3,1+2 - ≥+40

Miscellaneous
Breaker - -6, -10

Mileena in a nutshell

The most sexiest out of all the Ninja females, Mileena is probably the third best female fighter in the game Ranking A+ Tier on Brady's list.

Notation

1= Front Punch(X/Square)
2= Back Punch( Y/Triangle)
3= Front Kick(A/X)
4= Back Kick
(B/Circle)

General Strategy and Gameplay

Mileena is a solid fighter with decent mix-ups and a solid projectile. With this being said, Mileena is a mix of keep away and rushdown. Most of her normals are ethier safe on block or give her frame advantage to create key set ups against your opponent. With good pokes and nice Mobility she has god like footsies and makes your opponent pay for every mistake they make during the match.

Go-to Normals

Most of Mileena's normals are safe on block, but only a few are used to create your offense.

Spoiler:
This normal is Neutral on block, and is great for applying pressure to your opponent. However, Be careful some characters have Armor on EX specials and can punish you for using it to often. It also can be used as a combo starter if it hits.

4,2 ROLL B+1,4 xx 1,1 Into teleport to close in on your opponent or instead of 1,1 at the end, throw in a Neck bite to MAXIMIZE damage.

Spoiler:
U+4 is her overhead smash move that hits opponents that block low or either trying to poke to gain advantage. It's essential to her offense and Mixing game.

This normal is +9 on block so it's more than safe Mileena is at frame advantage also so you have a chance at following up with another U+4 or any other normal of choice. U+4 is another combo starter and it's used to punish block teleports with her highest Meterless combo.

U+4,U+4,B+1,3 xx 4 Roll 4,2 Sai blast.

"Wuuut? Vital! the sais don't connect?!"

Well duhhhh.. They're used to build that small sliver of meter that could possibly building up your breaker or EX move depending on the situation.

Spoiler:
B+3 is Mileena's low starter and another key normal to her deadly mixing game. After a connected B+3 you can hit confirm into ball roll or EX Ball roll (<--Overhead). You can use B+3/B+4 (Her sweep) to condition your opponent to block low and mix it up with U+4 or EX Overhead Ballroll. Your opponent has to block high on reaction.

BUT! You have to spend a bar for the reactionary High/Low set up and it's a 50/50 mixup. Meaning if they guess right they can punish with a full combo, but if they guess wrong you get the combo. My BnB for a successful High/Low mix up confirm.

B+3, EX ROLL, B+1,3.. 4, Normal Roll, 4,2

Spoiler:
Her second best tool to keep the pressure on your opponent. It's neutral on block BUT can be used to gain frame advantage if you cancel the 4 and replace it with a instant Air sai.

This is another one of Mileena's combo starters, but you have to cancel the 4 into roll.. So it will be 2,3 xx Roll. It's trick at first but practice makes perfect. I don't have a BnB with this starter because I rarely use it, but it is VITAL to her gameplay.

Pokes

Pokes are used to create space, close in on a opponent, or either get the frame advantage to cross over and start up your offense.

Spoiler:
-13 on block.. Don't use it.. Simple.

Spoiler:
Mileena's D+3 is -8 on block, but people usually don't block D+3s until the second hit and she's out of range to be punished for it.

Spoiler:
Mileena's D+4 is probably the second best if not, third best poke in the game. She's neutral on block, but +12 on hit. Meaning you have a free cross over if it connects. It has amazing range also, when the round begins D+4 in the begining to ensure the first hit and get the easy breaker. However if it whiffs (Misses) she's open to being punished with a full combo.

Specials w/ EX Properties also.
Mily's Specials are the exact opposite of her normals, They're hella risky and if not used properly. It could cost you the match.

Spoiler:
A decent teleport that can fall over most projectiles, EX teleport hits the opponent twice and on the second hit they must block low or be Jailed.

Mileena's Teleport is not safe on block, so throws sais after helps her faster but is still not safe. Delaying sais helps to, You only want to use this to get over projectiles and punish opponents for jumping randomly, and it has high priority over a lot of specials and normals

Spoiler:
Her best Wake up special, but risky at the same time. It's used to continue combos and to punish Offensive happy opponents that attack after the hard knockdown.

EX Ballroll hits overhead, after a EX roll you can add another roll to continue a combo. This is best used with B+3 (explained earlier in the thread under normals)

Spoiler:
Mileena's projectile. I can be done on the ground and in the Air. Mixing ground a Air sais are key to winning some match ups. Her Instant Air sai is not easy to execute consistently, but it very useful once learned.

It can be used as a Anti Air into combo. and to recover faster from falling or after a blocked teleport.

Spoiler:
Should only be used to Maximize damage in combos..

Last edited:
Mileena Match up guide.

Another Addition to my thread, this is to assist you in gaining the upper hand against specific characters on the Roster and to win matches that seem impossible by just playing her general strategy. If you have any questions feel free to PM me for help.

Baraka, 5-5
Spoiler:
You want to keep Baraka in D+4 range to chip away at his life, I don't recommend throwing Sais unless you want to eat a EX blade charge. Also, try not to jump in on Baraka his 7 frame spin is a good Anti Air, but can be punished on block with a roll.

Try to start a fireball war with Baraka and time your teleports right to get in and start your offense.

Defensive tactics play a huge role in winning also! You want to block low against him and react to overheads. STAY OUT OF THE CORNER.. He can deal some big damage in the corner and can keep you contained.

Cyrax, 6-4 (Cyrax wins)

Spoiler:
One of Mileena's bad match ups, but it's still possible to win.

Do not... I repeat DO NOT get hit by the net, either you're going to eat a %80 reset or a command grab Mix up. The net is slow on start up so it's not hard to see it coming, Cyrax's normals are better than yours so you want to stay with in D+4 range to gain frame advantage and start your pressure game and Mix up options.

"Vital, what if he's throwing bombs to control the screen?"

Simple, you time your teleports right when the bomb animation starts, but be careful a block teleport gives him a free net which leads to HUGE damage. You can also punish his teleport with D+4.

Cyber Sub Zero, 6-4 (Mileena wins)
Spoiler:
I'm not that experienced with this match up, but I will give you all I know.

CSZ's Dive kick is safe on block(and Whiff), However it's possible to U+4 him on whiff but the timing is SUPER strict. You want to bait the slide and punish with a roll into BnB. She can also roll under his Iceball and EX Iceball(?).

Ermac, 5-5
Spoiler:
To be honest I'd be very careful about being in the air period against Ermac. If you D4 him yes you get air priority, but that's only if he chose to jump at you after D4, If he just stands there and pushes/lifts or waits then uppercuts. Well... you are about to eat a huge combo.

Make sure you don't whiff Ermac he can lift you on your whiffs on reaction to half your moves.

Cross up jump on Ermac is strong. Ermac doesn't have good crossup punishment really outside of uppercut/D1-> lift/NJP. So anytime you knock down ermac feel free to just jump over him more often than other characters.

B+3 doesn't hit low. It looks like it but it doesn't. I think you mean F+4? That low kick you can chain infinitely unless your opponent does an X-ray or blocks low.

I agree with D3 on the right guess. But if he finishes the full 3,1,2 You can poke that on reaction to the last hit, or anti-air him if he always jumps after it.

The problem comes when he DOESN'T finish 3,1,2 and keeps spamming 3,1 and not letting you know when he will finish the 2.

Ermac can ALWAYS punish your teleport if done properly with a full punish. Assuming he can block. If he throws alot of green fire balls then ya tele-kick can hit him and give you enough advantage for pressure.

Some of his other mind games come from B+2. You'll just have to guess correctly on this. Will he charge to unblockable status? Or will he think you want to poke early and dash cancel his B+2 into a combo string or dash cancel back and make you whiff a poke into lift. Or just let go of B2 early and you with enough stun that can give him a lift. Credit for this match up info goes to Critical Limit

Freddy K, xxx

Jade, 6-4
Spoiler:
This is probably my favorite match up while playing with Mileena. Her Sais are ineffective and Jade can punish all your specials with a full combo. This match up with teach you how not to play risky, and rely on your normals to win.

Jade's normals are slow and most are safe on block so you want to play footsies and make her whiff. Most Jades love to overhead smash then B+2, after the B+2 you can roll to punish her with a decent damaging combo. You can duck Jade's shadow kick and punish with a roll or naked uppercut. Be careful when applying pressure to Jade because her EX glow can absorb hits and give her a free 30%+ combo.

Stay in D+4 range get the advantage and keep her guessing mixing up U+4 and B+3 into combo.

Last edited:
Awesome idea.

I'll probably do a bit of an overhaul on the Sektor thread.

(Reptile009 is gonna be pissed if he ever comes back lol)

Thanks man 8)

That thread was old and not up to date, and go for it. I really want to see all the gameplay threads update.

Why does her 4,2 have two different cancel advantages on hit.

I'm not sure, but I think it's for when you Hit confirm into ball roll from 4 and when you hit confirm from into ball for 2 (If the 4 misses or they let go of block).

Just a guess though.

I'll probably do one for ermac noob saibot and skarlet and jade.

when me and my roomate can get this hd capture card working maybe we can work on a training video

I'll probably do one for ermac noob saibot and skarlet and jade.

when me and my roomate can get this hd capture card working maybe we can work on a training video

Nice, I really want to read the Ermac thread the most. :]

My ermac is beyond terrible <_<

Just to let everyone now, iVital asked if he could replace the old one, so it's cool with me, just let me know when you guys are done yours (whoever decides to do an updated one) and I will unstick the old one and stick the new one =)

The old ones wont be deleted or anything, just simply unstickied.

Whoever does one, PM me when you are finished and I will do the stick swap.

You can't make a Ermac use an unsafe special on Mileena Vital. That's up to Ermac, because he can get out of your pressure with footsies. If he wants to be ballsy and throw out a lift after a string ends to catch them, or lift when he thinks you drop your guard ect ect. That's on HIM to be that risky. A Ermac can play 100% safe against mileena's pressure and get out fine with footsies to gain back the offense.

To be honest I'd be very careful about being in the air period against Ermac. If you D4 him yes you get air priority, but that's only if he chose to jump at you after D4, If he just stands there and pushes/lifts or waits then uppercuts. Well... you are about to eat a huge combo.

Make sure you don't whiff Ermac he can lift you on your whiffs on reaction to half your moves.

Cross up jump on Ermac is strong. Ermac doesn't have good crossup punishment really outside of uppercut/D1-> lift/NJP. So anytime you knock down ermac feel free to just jump over him more often than other characters.

B+3 doesn't hit low. It looks like it but it doesn't. I think you mean F+4? That low kick you can chain infinitely unless your opponent does an X-ray or blocks low.

I agree with D3 on the right guess. But if he finishes the full 3,1,2 You can poke that on reaction to the last hit, or anti-air him if he always jumps after it.

The problem comes when he DOESN'T finish 3,1,2 and keeps spamming 3,1 and not letting you know when he will finish the 2.

Ermac can ALWAYS punish your teleport if done properly with a full punish. Assuming he can block. If he throws alot of green fire balls then ya tele-kick can hit him and give you enough advantage for pressure.

Some of his other mind games come from B+2. You'll just have to guess correctly on this. Will he charge to unblockable status? Or will he think you want to poke early and dash cancel his B+2 into a combo string or dash cancel back and make you whiff a poke into lift. Or just let go of B2 early and you with enough stun that can give him a lift.

I have a hard time against Mileenas.

Sektor's flame will stop her ball roll.
When Mileena begins pressuring Sektor there isn't much he can do since he has no armored specials or fast specials.
He needs to rely on his jab speed, which can get snuffed out by her d4.
But he can get a full combo off of a single jump kick, so don't go crazy with those.
There is also almost nothing Sektor can do against her teleport.
It usually stops his, goes behind his flame and his TU isn't fast enough to punish a blocked one.

I have a hard time against Mileenas.

Sektor's flame will stop her ball roll.
When Mileena begins pressuring Sektor there isn't much he can do since he has no armored specials or fast specials.
He needs to rely on his jab speed, which can get snuffed out by her d4.
But he can get a full combo off of a single jump kick, so don't go crazy with those.
There is also almost nothing Sektor can do against her teleport.
It usually stops his, goes behind his flame and his TU isn't fast enough to punish a blocked one.

her pressure is alot more simplistic and easy to get out of than say sonya/cage. Exactly WHERE are you having problems? are you having problems with her seemingly 50/50? If so online it's different from offline. Online it's alot harder to react to overhead with a stand block. While offline it's viable to just block everything low and react to her Up+4

her I think it's 4,3? or F4,3 something like that she does two little kicks. Those will check you anytime after her overhead split kick spam. If she thinks you're gonna poke after overhead she can hit you with those, and then start all over. however if you call out the 4,3 move yourself, you can then poke her assuming after that she doesn't do something like tele-kicks after 4,3. which is a full combo for you if you blocked even longer. IF you hold block longer though and she doesn't throw out a special, then you give her pressure all over again.

Just some random tidbits.

Can't you do your punch launcher string to combo a blocked teleport? unless you mean EX which leaves her closer to the ground not sure about that one, I only punish that myself with Ermac.

Last edited:
her pressure is alot more simplistic and easy to get out of than say sonya/cage. Exactly WHERE are you having problems? are you having problems with her seemingly 50/50? If so online it's different from offline. Online it's alot harder to react to overhead with a stand block. While offline it's viable to just block everything low and react to her Up+4

her I think it's 4,2*? or 4,3,2* something like that she does two little kicks. Those will check you anytime after her overhead split kick spam. If she thinks you're gonna poke after overhead she can hit you with those, and then start all over. however if you call out the 4,2* move yourself, you can then poke her assuming after that she doesn't do something like tele-kicks after 4,2*. which is a full combo for you if you blocked even longer. IF you hold block longer though and she doesn't throw out a special, then you give her pressure all over again.

Just some random tidbits.

So close to punching you in the face :mad: