Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

The Baraka matchup is in her favor not 5-5 simply because she is faster and can zone better.

It is 5-5. Baraka's EX blade charge blows up ias and normal sais.. Plus in the Corner the match-up is in his favor.

Baraka is one of the few who can punish her teleport also.

It is 5-5. Baraka's EX blade charge blows up ias and normal sais.. Plus in the Corner the match-up is in his favor.

Uh.. please don't tell me your gonna base the anti-zoning off of EX blade charge. The fact that you have to use meter to beat her zoning, and she can beat your zoning w/o meter is a huge difference.

If you got other reason's it's a even match up please explain I'm interested. I don't know barakka that well, but using a 1-hit EX move as a means to deter zoning isn't a good argument lol.

that's like saying Noob saibot beats Jade because he can EX shadow charge her glow to beat it. Yeah only 3 times lol. And maybe less if they call it out and stuff it.

I stuff johnny's EX kick all the time as noob, I just try to call out the Red kick and block.

Sorry for double post but If you guys want I can make Video EXAMPLES of certain tech? it would be a lot of work but it could level our guides up above other sites if enough work is put into it.

You would be right if he didn't need meter to do it and since it not only requires meter and it's his only tool against zoning it can be predictable. Not to mention it's hard to corner a good Mileena.

I think Raka is the only male with (rougly) the same D4 animation as Mileena.

Anyway I don't have as much a hard time with Milly as Raknation.
Use the vacuum on chop chop to suck in the D4, and a blocked teleport lets me put her into my reset/mix up game.
But her zoning will fudge me up, until I back her up into the corner. As long as I don't get greedy with Mileena and try not to do anything fancy, it isn't that hard.

Uh.. please don't tell me your gonna base the anti-zoning off of EX blade charge. The fact that you have to use meter to beat her zoning, and she can beat your zoning w/o meter is a huge difference.

If you got other reason's it's a even match up please explain I'm interested. I don't know barakka that well, but using a 1-hit EX move as a means to deter zoning isn't a good argument lol.

that's like saying Noob saibot beats Jade because he can EX shadow charge her glow to beat it. Yeah only 3 times lol. And maybe less if they call it out and stuff it.

I stuff johnny's EX kick all the time as noob, I just try to call out the Red kick and block.

Well it depends though.. If he gets her in the corner and he's able to have corner containment the match is in his favor, and EX blade charge pushes her across the screen, and if she tries to teleport or EX teleport out he can spin to push her farther across the screen, and up close Mileena can't really apply pressure because if she U+4 spam it pushes him far enough to Chop chop that eats all of her normals, Mileena has to bait most of his specials and punish rather than relying on Zoning.

Well you can cage school dash/walk duck them but careful that eats up the clock and she builds meter while you don't. And more than likely you'll get hit once or twice.

I don't think his entire game should be focused on getting her to the corner. I mean If the cards are right do it, but don't make that your main plan.

I'm no barakka expert because anytime I fight one in tourney I use noob saibot. And I cheese him.

This works against him rather than for him because it allows her to continue zoning.

He knows he's saying if your goal is to take the game to the corner then the move is doing what you essentially want by closing the distance to the wall quicker.

He knows he's saying if your goal is to take the game to the corner then the move is doing what you essentially want by closing the distance to the wall quicker.

Yes, but they'd have to be already fairly close to the wall for the the distance to outweigh the lost meter, the possible continued zoning, and the chance of gaining the distance back besides if your only plan is trying keeping your opponent in the corner the whole time for 2 matches you already lost.

Yes, but they'd have to be already fairly close to the wall for the the distance to outweigh the lost meter, the possible continued zoning, and the chance of gaining the distance back besides if your only plan is trying keeping your opponent in the corner the whole time for 2 matches you already lost.

You're saying it like Mileena is going to throw Sais the entire match :laugh:

If she tries to close in with a teleport and you block you push her back without meter, if she tries to Jip anti Air spin. It's counter zoning with zoning. Lol

Why do people act like Raka doesn't have a projectile?
Its slow, but thats the whole point of it.

Use it to cover her when you knock her down.
If she uses a special just punish her unless its Ex tele

I'm not sure, but I think if you crouch block the second hit of EX teleport you can D+1 into Spin with Baraka for punishment. I'm going to try that in a few and Mess around with Sektor in the Lab.

If you have the life lead you can trade blows and it would be a good idea.
But you talk about his projectile as a meaty and that's also a plus. Making her block as she gets up to advance.

But if she has the life lead which is probably why she's zoning because you have to go to her. Then you can't trade projectiles and the only use it has now is a meaty for when you knock her down.

I'll give the mileena vs baraka match-up 7-5 only because mileena can out zone him and punish most of his specials

Budd, The max points each character can have is 10 :laugh:

Yea, that's why it's 5-5. You have to bait the specials and out play him the entire match.

If you have the life lead you can trade blows and it would be a good idea.
But you talk about his projectile as a meaty and that's also a plus. Making her block as she gets up to advance.

But if she has the life lead which is probably why she's zoning because you have to go to her. Then you can't trade projectiles and the only use it has now is a meaty for when you knock her down.

Lol you never go into a projectile war with Mileena as Raka.
All you need is one spark to knock her down during her ias and then as long as you don't get sloppy you'll be fine.
Baraka is a character that revolves around greed. You can keep looping his reset, or you can end it.
But one mistake and Raka is getting blown up. Gotta play clean when you're rockin' as Raka

Lol you never go into a projectile war with Mileena as Raka.
All you need is one spark to knock her down during her ias and then as long as you don't get sloppy you'll be fine.
Baraka is a character that revolves around greed. You can keep looping his reset, or you can end it.
But one mistake and Raka is getting blown up. Gotta play clean when you're rockin' as Raka

You know what a meaty is?

I'm talking about you knock her down with one of yoru blade charges. And you meaty her on her waking up, to proc a block from her. Thus giving you time to advance a little w/o sai pressure.

And if you CAN trade and you're like 25% ahead, why wouldn't you?

I'm not saying stand full screen and shoot back.

I'm talking about meaty, and trades. If you're significantly ahead you can trade/be patient, if she's ahead you better get your ass in there.