Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

  1. #21
    Defender of EarthRealm iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mileena
    Posts
    7,303
    Twitter
    @Torey_17
    PSN
    _iApollos
    Steam
    iReality35
    Thanked: 568
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by de_nhoj View Post
    The Baraka matchup is in her favor not 5-5 simply because she is faster and can zone better.
    It is 5-5. Baraka's EX blade charge blows up ias and normal sais.. Plus in the Corner the match-up is in his favor.

    Baraka is one of the few who can punish her teleport also.

    "I Make Violence Look Good"

  2. #22
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by iViTal View Post
    It is 5-5. Baraka's EX blade charge blows up ias and normal sais.. Plus in the Corner the match-up is in his favor.

    Baraka is one of the few who can punish her teleport also.
    Uh.. please don't tell me your gonna base the anti-zoning off of EX blade charge. The fact that you have to use meter to beat her zoning, and she can beat your zoning w/o meter is a huge difference.

    If you got other reason's it's a even match up please explain I'm interested. I don't know barakka that well, but using a 1-hit EX move as a means to deter zoning isn't a good argument lol.

    that's like saying Noob saibot beats Jade because he can EX shadow charge her glow to beat it. Yeah only 3 times lol. And maybe less if they call it out and stuff it.

    I stuff johnny's EX kick all the time as noob, I just try to call out the Red kick and block.

  3. #23
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Sorry for double post but If you guys want I can make Video EXAMPLES of certain tech? it would be a lot of work but it could level our guides up above other sites if enough work is put into it.

  4. #24
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    243
    Thanked: 13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by iViTal View Post
    It is 5-5. Baraka's EX blade charge blows up ias and normal sais.. Plus in the Corner the match-up is in his favor.

    Baraka is one of the few who can punish her teleport also.
    You would be right if he didn't need meter to do it and since it not only requires meter and it's his only tool against zoning it can be predictable. Not to mention it's hard to corner a good Mileena.

  5. #25
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,666
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4931
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    I think Raka is the only male with (rougly) the same D4 animation as Mileena.



    Anyway I don't have as much a hard time with Milly as Raknation.
    Use the vacuum on chop chop to suck in the D4, and a blocked teleport lets me put her into my reset/mix up game.
    But her zoning will fudge me up, until I back her up into the corner. As long as I don't get greedy with Mileena and try not to do anything fancy, it isn't that hard.

  6. #26
    Defender of EarthRealm iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mileena
    Posts
    7,303
    Twitter
    @Torey_17
    PSN
    _iApollos
    Steam
    iReality35
    Thanked: 568
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post
    Uh.. please don't tell me your gonna base the anti-zoning off of EX blade charge. The fact that you have to use meter to beat her zoning, and she can beat your zoning w/o meter is a huge difference.

    If you got other reason's it's a even match up please explain I'm interested. I don't know barakka that well, but using a 1-hit EX move as a means to deter zoning isn't a good argument lol.

    that's like saying Noob saibot beats Jade because he can EX shadow charge her glow to beat it. Yeah only 3 times lol. And maybe less if they call it out and stuff it.

    I stuff johnny's EX kick all the time as noob, I just try to call out the Red kick and block.
    Well it depends though.. If he gets her in the corner and he's able to have corner containment the match is in his favor, and EX blade charge pushes her across the screen, and if she tries to teleport or EX teleport out he can spin to push her farther across the screen, and up close Mileena can't really apply pressure because if she U+4 spam it pushes him far enough to Chop chop that eats all of her normals, Mileena has to bait most of his specials and punish rather than relying on Zoning.

    "I Make Violence Look Good"

  7. #27
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Well you can cage school dash/walk duck them but careful that eats up the clock and she builds meter while you don't. And more than likely you'll get hit once or twice.

    I don't think his entire game should be focused on getting her to the corner. I mean If the cards are right do it, but don't make that your main plan.

    I'm no barakka expert because anytime I fight one in tourney I use noob saibot. And I cheese him.

  8. #28
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    243
    Thanked: 13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by iViTal View Post
    EX blade charge pushes her across the screen
    This works against him rather than for him because it allows her to continue zoning.

  9. #29
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by de_nhoj View Post
    This works against him rather than for him because it allows her to continue zoning.
    He knows he's saying if your goal is to take the game to the corner then the move is doing what you essentially want by closing the distance to the wall quicker.

  10. #30
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    243
    Thanked: 13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post
    He knows he's saying if your goal is to take the game to the corner then the move is doing what you essentially want by closing the distance to the wall quicker.
    Yes, but they'd have to be already fairly close to the wall for the the distance to outweigh the lost meter, the possible continued zoning, and the chance of gaining the distance back besides if your only plan is trying keeping your opponent in the corner the whole time for 2 matches you already lost.

  11. #31
    Defender of EarthRealm iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mileena
    Posts
    7,303
    Twitter
    @Torey_17
    PSN
    _iApollos
    Steam
    iReality35
    Thanked: 568
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by de_nhoj View Post
    Yes, but they'd have to be already fairly close to the wall for the the distance to outweigh the lost meter, the possible continued zoning, and the chance of gaining the distance back besides if your only plan is trying keeping your opponent in the corner the whole time for 2 matches you already lost.
    You're saying it like Mileena is going to throw Sais the entire match

    If she tries to close in with a teleport and you block you push her back without meter, if she tries to Jip anti Air spin. It's counter zoning with zoning. Lol

    "I Make Violence Look Good"

  12. #32
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,666
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4931
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Why do people act like Raka doesn't have a projectile?
    Its slow, but thats the whole point of it.

    Use it to cover her when you knock her down.
    If she uses a special just punish her unless its Ex tele

  13. #33
    Defender of EarthRealm iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mileena
    Posts
    7,303
    Twitter
    @Torey_17
    PSN
    _iApollos
    Steam
    iReality35
    Thanked: 568
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    Why do people act like Raka doesn't have a projectile?
    Its slow, but thats the whole point of it.

    Use it to cover her when you knock her down.
    If she uses a special just punish her unless its Ex tele
    I'm not sure, but I think if you crouch block the second hit of EX teleport you can D+1 into Spin with Baraka for punishment. I'm going to try that in a few and Mess around with Sektor in the Lab.

    "I Make Violence Look Good"

  14. #34
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    Why do people act like Raka doesn't have a projectile?
    Its slow, but thats the whole point of it.

    Use it to cover her when you knock her down.
    If she uses a special just punish her unless its Ex tele
    If you have the life lead you can trade blows and it would be a good idea.
    But you talk about his projectile as a meaty and that's also a plus. Making her block as she gets up to advance.

    But if she has the life lead which is probably why she's zoning because you have to go to her. Then you can't trade projectiles and the only use it has now is a meaty for when you knock her down.

  15. #35
    Black Dragon Recruit buddthagreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    AT THA DEADPOOL // Mars, Tennessee
    Age
    32
    Posts
    550
    Twitter
    @Crazy_Budd_88
    Xbox Live
    C88 BuddThaGr8
    Thanked: 7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    I'll give the mileena vs baraka match-up 7-5 only because mileena can out zone him and punish most of his specials
    S/O to my dude Armageddon for the sig.

  16. #36
    Defender of EarthRealm iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mileena
    Posts
    7,303
    Twitter
    @Torey_17
    PSN
    _iApollos
    Steam
    iReality35
    Thanked: 568
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by buddthagreat View Post
    I'll give the mileena vs baraka match-up 7-5 only because mileena can out zone him and punish most of his specials
    Budd, The max points each character can have is 10

    Yea, that's why it's 5-5. You have to bait the specials and out play him the entire match.

    "I Make Violence Look Good"

  17. #37
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,666
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4931
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post
    If you have the life lead you can trade blows and it would be a good idea.
    But you talk about his projectile as a meaty and that's also a plus. Making her block as she gets up to advance.

    But if she has the life lead which is probably why she's zoning because you have to go to her. Then you can't trade projectiles and the only use it has now is a meaty for when you knock her down.
    Lol you never go into a projectile war with Mileena as Raka.
    All you need is one spark to knock her down during her ias and then as long as you don't get sloppy you'll be fine.
    Baraka is a character that revolves around greed. You can keep looping his reset, or you can end it.
    But one mistake and Raka is getting blown up. Gotta play clean when you're rockin' as Raka

  18. #38
    Black Dragon Recruit buddthagreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    AT THA DEADPOOL // Mars, Tennessee
    Age
    32
    Posts
    550
    Twitter
    @Crazy_Budd_88
    Xbox Live
    C88 BuddThaGr8
    Thanked: 7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Well 6-4 it's so easy to blow baraka up and bait him into mistakes
    S/O to my dude Armageddon for the sig.

  19. #39
    Defender of EarthRealm Critical-Limit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,111
    PSN
    Critical-Cookie
    Thanked: 871
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    Lol you never go into a projectile war with Mileena as Raka.
    All you need is one spark to knock her down during her ias and then as long as you don't get sloppy you'll be fine.
    Baraka is a character that revolves around greed. You can keep looping his reset, or you can end it.
    But one mistake and Raka is getting blown up. Gotta play clean when you're rockin' as Raka
    You know what a meaty is?

    I'm talking about you knock her down with one of yoru blade charges. And you meaty her on her waking up, to proc a block from her. Thus giving you time to advance a little w/o sai pressure.

    And if you CAN trade and you're like 25% ahead, why wouldn't you?

    I'm not saying stand full screen and shoot back.

    I'm talking about meaty, and trades. If you're significantly ahead you can trade/be patient, if she's ahead you better get your ass in there.

  20. #40
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,666
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4931
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: Mileena thread 2.0 "Don't be mad"

    Is she completely safe if she throws her sais on a blocked Ex Tele-kick?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mileena Thread - "Let Us Dance!"
    By REPTILE 0009 in forum Characters & Gameplay
    Replies: 215
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 06:22 PM
  3. Request: Mileena's "Be Mine" Fatality in "MK3 Costume"
    By NerdyJordy in forum Characters & Gameplay
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 12:38 PM
  4. Shadow: "You donít need powers to master the techniques of stealth"
    By _Unknown_ in forum Mortal Kombat Writing & Fan Fiction
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 09:22 AM
  5. Mad Catz "COMBAT" Edition Panels for TE sticks (w/ mini review)
    By Tim Static in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 06:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •