Is a new patch coming at all?

PureDorain

Hello, dear MK community, first post here.

So I'm a hardcore PC gamer, and I'm very pleased, that they've finally released MK:AK Kollection for a steam(even if it was delayed till 2 feb. of their console release). And I'm really like to play fighters, I had xbox 360 for that and played SF4, Soul Calibur, Tekken6, but it died, so I'm was very pleased that we have official MK game on PC.

So I've bought it and enjoyed it very much. However, I'm getting worried that game is diying, issues are not getting fixed. Sound issue, connection issues, laggy multiplayer, cheated leaderboards, cheaters in lobbies and this list can be very big. People are leaving this game, they thinks it will be not supported. If product is not supported, then it eventually die. And why releasing MK title(best fighter title IMO), and not support it? If you wanna get sales, if you wanna get people attention, you have to pay attention to a community. If you dont want to make MK9 on PC, then try to make this port brilliant at least. We dont want anything big, just little community tweaks and fixes. Trust me, if that Kollection would be fixed, it would make much more profit and maybe a market for future MK titles if it will be on PC.

I'm here to ask, is patch a coming at all? I've contaced WB support, they've said if I wanna get dev's attention, I should ask here. So as a PC player, and gamer, who would like to enjoy things, I just cant understand it. They've released it - Thank you, but why then dropping the support? You know, there's still things to do, and if you made MK 9 on consoles - it's ok, people will drop Arcade Kollection and move to a better polished version - MK9, but on PC, there's no other official MK title. Why should I need go to torrents and download MAME emulator and then trying to make it multiplayer, if it's unofficial? Just make a new updated patch for PC at least, and you will be rewarded by love from community. I'm trying to do the best I can, to spread the word. Please, dont drop your product at least on PC, it's official and only MK title here.

;tl dr - Please, make update happen.

Best regards, MK player since 1997.

Saw your post on the steam forum, surprised that WB bothered answering your email. Hopefully, it's true that they're working on a new patch, I wonder what problems they managed to fix.

To be honest, I'm suprised too. I thought they will ignore me, because they're seems to ignore PC community. But for my suprise, they've actually answered me, and said that they will do their best, to forward this information to a dev team and WB bosses. It makes a good hope for MK:AK community at least :)

Obviously I think that it's sound issues and glitchy connection at lobbies, slowdowns during online play. Dont think that they will implement some kind of work on cheaters or implement new stuff like infinite play on friendly combat without pressing "ready" after each fight or so, it's just bugfixing.

Last edited:
MAME is light years better than MKAK, anyway, has been around a lot longer, and its devs actually do support it on a consistent basis. If that's not reason enough to support MAME over MKAK, then it's about time to go back to consoles. PC is (and always has been) the redheaded stepchild of consoles, anyway.

MAME is light years better than MKAK, anyway, has been around a lot longer, and its devs actually do support it on a consistent basis. If that's not reason enough to support MAME over MKAK, then it's about time to go back to consoles. PC is (and always has been) the redheaded stepchild of consoles, anyway.
I'm just finding official support from devs more comfortable for me, as for user, who bought finished product. But I wouldnt agree with you about PC stepchild of consoles. Long time ago, there was no consoles, and it was good platform. But a bit later, at sometime 2004-2007 game industry starting to grow big, new companies, new generation consoles, and pc starting to lose it's position.

I just stand for PC because 10 years ago nobody could think about playing fps on joysick, now it's a real thing. And I'm telling maybe to start making PC fighting market, of course, first steps are always rubbish, but hell, if you make good fighters on PC, then you obviously gain extra profit. People can buy joysticks for PC fighters, maybe already had x360 joystick because of games like Batman AC and may other titles are more comfortable to play on joysticks. I just dont understand position of WB here, why not to continue support your product? Why releasing PC version even after such a big and undeserved delay - and killing all support on day 1? Why do you do that? It's unacceptable. That's why I made this topic, to get dev's attention, that they're people, who interested in happy gaming, and actually wanna enjoy product. No MAME, no unofficial stuff. Just steam, comfortable play and having fun, thats it.

Instead of using something "official", why don't you use something that is proven? And when it comes to Arcade gaming on PC, NOTHING is more proven than MAME.

Instead of using something "official", why don't you use something that is proven? And when it comes to Arcade gaming on PC, NOTHING is more proven than MAME.
Because the whole point of making MK:AK will be useless then. If I paid money for complete expirience, why I should go into unofficial ways of things? Point of my thread is get devs attention as I said and not talking about MAME and stuff. Many players want fixed things in official release, they've paid money for it, and they're dont like unofficial stuff on forums, they're wanted finished product as it is. Steam - purchase of game - play - having fun, that's it. I have mates, and they're not very expirienced to download MAME, patching it, they're wanna complete product out of the box, so we can play. I'm talking about quality product here.

Well, I'm telling you right now that you wasted your money on MKAK. NRS, WB, and OO don't even give a shit about making another patch, and even if they did, it still wouldn't be out for at least another 3 months. In fact, the ONLY reason a single patch was made to begin with was because of Public Relations. Had you stuck with MAME, you wouldn't be complaining about it in the first place, and had you signed up on this website months earlier, then you would've known full well that only ONE patch was coming, and everything unfixed would remain as-is. This has already been discussed in depth from September to December (and I know I made my sentiments known), so you have 3 choices...you can either take what you are given with MKAK, you can go the MAME route, or you can do it the old-fashioned way and buy the original cabs and arcade boards. I don't like it, either, but at least I'm not in denial about the situation like you are.

Well, I'm telling you right now that you wasted your money on MKAK. NRS, WB, and OO don't even give a shit about making another patch, and even if they did, it still wouldn't be out for at least another 3 months. In fact, the ONLY reason a single patch was made to begin with was because of Public Relations. Had you stuck with MAME, you wouldn't be complaining about it in the first place, and had you signed up on this website months earlier, then you would've known full well that only ONE patch was coming, and everything unfixed would remain as-is. This has already been discussed in depth from September to December (and I know I made my sentiments known), so you have 3 choices...you can either take what you are given with MKAK, you can go the MAME route, or you can do it the old-fashioned way and buy the original cabs and arcade boards. I don't like it, either, but at least I'm not in denial about the situation like you are.
Thanks for your opinion and suggestions, I'll keep that in mind.

Unfortenately, I cant afford arcade cabinets, and I dont want use MAME.

Its their loss then, Im not suprised. I still will be waiting for more news about that. Cant bellive that they're dont give a shit for community.

Ed Boon doesnt even interested in MK as I see, he wouldnt let release such poor kollection, its a pity that they all sell for money.

Now why do you not want to use MAME, despite the fact that it has a proven track record of updating its product on a consistent basis, and fixing emulation bugs that pop up to the best of their ability?

I think it's time that you start giving the proven products a chance...you never know what you're missing out on.

I so hope WB fixes the rest or Miao it's still in some state tbh. The thing is boon probably knows nothing about the audio issues:... I have tried telling him

microsoft and sony charge developers/ publishers a heafty fee to upload any patch that is not day one plus all the stupid red tape that each company requires before they upload to their servers. This is why it took so long for us to get the patch MEME doesn't deal with any of this because its free so there is no publishers just the developers so patching their game is easy

No patch is coming. Injustice is on their mind. Their is no HOPE!!!!!!!!

I thought other ocean was in control of patches actually. Come to think about it.

You do know NRS really had nothing to do with this release right? It was ported by Other Ocean Interactive Ltd. and development was done by Code Mystics Inc.

You do know NRS really had nothing to do with this release right? It was ported by Other Ocean Interactive Ltd. and development was done by Code Mystics Inc.

Yeah well i thought Other Ocean were a good team when it came to emulating arcade games to consoles.....

You do know NRS money went into this release right? So they had a hell of alot to do with the release.

This is beginning to wind me up. People seem to try and find ways and excuses for flaws that shouldn't be there. MK9 is a prime example, full of bugs and glitches yet people still lull themselves into thinking its a worthy balanced tournament fighter, solely because alot of folk cant admit their shit stinks.

A bit off topic that, but NRS had a fair bit to do with MKAK. A shame they wont put any more money into it, but it was obviously a release to cash in on the MK buzz last year.

Hm... I wanna pay 100 $ or whatever for a fine release version of MKAK... don't shoot me :) I'm a maniac with UMK3