Character Pros and Cons

What are you talking about?
I listed his pros and cons.

Full potential or not it is still all about the player knowing when to charge, when to reset, when to poke etc.

I acknowledge the fact that Baraka is seen as a low level character. That doesn't matter to me. Low tiers mean nothing. Just look at Justin Wong's UMvC 3 teams.

Baraka against Kitana?

Alright uhhhh if both players are at the same skill level, I'm pretty sure Kitana has favor. A lot of favor. Even the lame ass strategy guide I have says it.

Shut up about guides.

Go online, choose Raka and fight some Kitana's.
You'll see it isn't the massive uphill battle people claim it to be.

Kabal on the other hand. . .

:laugh:

Night Wolf
Pros - high damage, armor, unblockable, reflect, great standing 1 anti air, Hatchet can end any pressure safe.

Cons - High hitbox, wake up and offence shut down by down 4, lacking pressure game.

Mileena

Pros- Great mix-up game, Has a good amount of overheads, Decent teleport, Decent projectile, Amazing D+4, Most of her normals are safe on block, Small hit box.

Cons- D+3 is -13 on block, No Armor on EX specials, Risky specials, Below average pressure game, useless X-ray.

I hate it when people talk about fighting games like they're Pokemon cards.
"Oh he definitely beats him, oh she definitely beats him"
No, its all about the player man. I already said, I don't care what top players say. I main Baraka and I make that shit work like a well oiled machine. Nothing VSM or some tier-whorez can say to stop it.

Tier lists don't mean anything when you or your opponent do not play at the highest level. So get all puffy mad and stick to your irrational guns all you like. You love baraka? Sweet. Keep on trucking Bro. Kitana blows him up. I mean totally wrecks him. I don't care who you played online because its online and they aren't playing at the highest level.

Instant air fans alone are nearly enough to beat him. Sweet ex blade charge...now I'm throwing more fans. Factor in her absurd rush down and he is crushed.

Ppl get so pissy when their character is attacked.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Is it hard to discuss gameplay in a nice way rather than call them out because you don't agree. <_<

We're not saying that Kitana would win every match against Baraka, all we're saying is that she's at a higher advantage than him meaning she would more likely win the set.

I know what the Smuckers you're saying, and I agree that Kitana is at an advantage. I'M saying that she doesn't definitely beat anybody. Thats just stupid.

I know what the Smuckers you're saying, and I agree that Kitana is at an advantage. I'M saying that she doesn't definitely beat anybody. Thats just stupid.

That's what I'm saying to <_<

It all depends on how the player plays and his/her gameplan. You can't just flat out say Reptile can beat Scorpion just because he has his dash, Maybe the Scorpion player will find a way around it, and prove them wrong.

Get off my nuts and keep blowing your tier gods.

I understand that trmk is a casual site. I also understand the purpose of this particular thread is to discuss the pros and cons of characters. So by participating in this thread you are participating in more or less technical conversation.

You may feel like some sort of alpha male on this web site but you need to understand that I'm not here to post fan fiction, cosplay photos, or discuss which character I'd rather have sex with.

You may have a firm understanding of this game, but so do I. If your counter argument is to insinuate I'm blindly accepting the opinion of other people I.e. sucking their dicks, then you are blatantly illustrating that you are either not knowledgeable about the subject matter, or you are a flat out idiot.

Either have a debate using points and counter points, or shut your mouth. Feel free to go post some internet meems or go to the just talk thread if you aren't prepared for someone to have a different opinion than you.

In summary, you are a . A particuarly pissy, un-funny .

Have a nice day. Feel free to look me up on Tym as I'm sure ill get banned again for calling someone out for being an asshole.

Already said my points on Kitana and Raka.
You cleary disagree, but I've said my piece.
Now you're just smearing your opion of me in your post like you expect me to care. And I honestly hope you don't get banned. We need more people with your honesty.

Both sides are right in a sense.

I'm gonna explain everyone else's talk, Basically yes... kitana beats barakka on paper, and tournament placings at the "moment" and by at the "moment" people mean Meta-game. Just because this is such the case though...

back to BBBLP point. It is not the end all be all of factual information. Look at kung lao in tournament over periods of time. you will see a huge change in the way he's played over time. That' because the meta-game evolves.

let me use SSBM as an example here because I can't use MK9 because of how often it's been patched and the age of the game is still quite young.

SSBM has had ZERO patches since it's release, and if you look at the tier list. From 4 years ago vs today on a 10 year old game. They are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. WHY?

Because the meta-game changes. People begin figuring things out, thus causing a change and shift in the way another character is played.

Back to the thing at hand.

YES according to TODAY's data based on tourney results and the little knowledge we have of high level barakka Kitana beats Barakka on paper. aka, mathmatically she has more tools.

But that is not to say the following is a variable of itself.

1.) just because the "best" barakka's right now aren't placing top 8, anyone stop to think are these guys even good enough to place top 8 with S tier character?

2.) Maybe THAT guy although he put alot of energy into barakka it just isn't his cup of tea and he's hit his limit. Some people based on their past experiences and the way their mind work can play a specific character better than another.

3.) The Meta-game changes, what you see as a 7-3 matchup today, could very well be a 5-5 matchup a year from now.

Take tier lists and matchup charts with a grain of salt. There is a reason they are constantly "updated" because more and more things are figured out and learned and more and more mid tier/low tier players are getting further in bracket making people re-think their placings.

Skarlet is pretty down there in the tier list, and I promise you she's about to boom and jump a few tiers w/o any patches or changes.

Already said my points on Kitana and Raka.
You cleary disagree, but I've said my piece.
Now you're just smearing your opion of me in your post like you expect me to care. And I honestly hope you don't get banned. We need more people with your honesty.

Disagreeing is one thing. You were being an asshole.

I was, and I would like to apologize to anyone who felt offended by that.

I just don't like words like definitely.

Kung Lao

Pros: fast, the whirlwind move one of the best anti air moves, x-ray is great for getting out of a pinch, enhanced hat toss is great for a good delay so you can get a few more hits in, and has plenty of moves to get in close, teleport has four different ways to hit your opponent.

Cons: his ground hat throw is useless, people can hit you easily when you teleport, x-ray doesn't reach to far across the screen, not a lot of wake up moves.