Liu Kang's daughter- Leila Kang (revised)

the_pathfinder

I remember posting info on my fan-made character back last August. I've re-tought the character entirely since then, only keeping her origins. so here it goes.

cap1.JPG

Leila Kang​

Species: Half Chinese Earthrealmer/ Half Edenian

Height: 5' 7"

Fighting Style: modified Jeet Kune Do

Weapons: Miniature Throwing Darts

Bio: Edenian princess Kitana sadly passed away while giving birth to Leila at the Wu Shi Academy in Earthrealm, leaving Liu Kang to raise his infant daughter amongst the people of Earth...It would be decades before Leila could uncover her lost heritage and rightful claim as Sindel's heiress.

During her formative years in both America and then Japan, she idolized her father as he was the only constant in her life. he taught her the ways of the spiritual warrior (even though western pop culture would often lead her astray from the enlightened path) and the arts of Jeet Kune Do, Jun Fan, and Chun Kuk Do when he wasn't busy with the many menial jobs he undertook to support himself and his beloved child until she matured into womanhood. Yet Liu Kang vowed to himself and to Kitana's memory that Leila would NEVER be exposed to the other realms and the corrupted Mortal Kombat tournaments. During her childhood, he frobade Kung Lao from ever speaking of the tournaments and his past glory in her presence...he even literally hid her from both Raiden and Queen Sindel when they came asking.

But, one fateful night in Osaka, Liu Kang had an unwanted visit from an old nemesis....and Leila's world would be forever shattered, and now her quest for vengeance will uncover what her father has tried to hide from her all these years.

Author Note: I drew that BTW...nah, just kidding. found the picture on flickr a few weeks back and thought she resembled Kitana and Liu Kang put together AND yours truly can't draw his way out of a wet paper bag. so I took my snipping tool and reposted Ms. Gorgeous here to represent the OC in my upcoming fanfic.

I'm currently writing the story but I won't post it until I'm done with it entirely. when finished I'll post it here and on FanFiction.net.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I remember reading your first draft and thought you mispelt Liu Kang then :laugh:.

Jokes aside, I am really liking her story character so far. I can't wait to see how the story unfolds. :)

Love that picture as well :p.

Oh sounds nice to see my man :D.

Spoiler:
So she's going to fight Shang Tsung in different realms even though she's never been to them? Awesome :cool:

Looking forward to the fic

Oh sounds nice to see my man :D.

Spoiler:
So she's going to fight Shang Tsung in different realms even though she's never been to them? Awesome :cool:

Looking forward to the fic

The story takes place mostly here on Earth, then Outworld and Edenia. the other realms are mentioned or represented.

Thanks for the interest guys.

Not mine, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread
lia_kang_by_fullm8n-d48buco.jpg

That's Her Liu Kang93!!!! Whoever did that just about hit the nail on the head of how i imagine she'd look.

Just combine that with the face of the woman in my picture and we've got her. I wonder if any artists on here are willing to take requests?