Welcome New TRMK Contributors

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
In an effort to add and expand TRMK, we have started to recruit a few extra people to write stories in addition to what has been mostly just Jeff and I for the past few years. So we have added two new TRMK News contributors to announce for you all to welcome.

The first is a regular member of TRMK Kommunity and author of the incredibly detailed MK Bible, Jason Shearer. He will join us in covering various MK news and interests on the TRMK front page using his vast knowledge of the franchise. His first post with us is the news story: Unused Mortal Kombat (2011) Concept Designs.

The second is a friend of the site who was brought on to attend and cover E3 2012 on our behalf incase NetherRealm has something to show. His name is Scott Ellison and he runs the video game review/news website Saving Content. He'll be the one reporting on E3 2012 happenings live during the show, but we'll have more on our upcoming E3 coverage later. He may also do some other articles and reviews for the site as well as time goes on.

So please join me in welcoming them as our newest site contributors!

Patrick

Welcome to TRMK, Scott Ellison and Jason Shearer.
I'm looking forward to your contributions and future posts. ;-)

I can't wait! You're doing a really good job improving the site, Patrick.

This is nothing new, but stuff that has been in the works for a while. The E3 planning for instance has taken a few months to figure all out. But more on that as E3 approaches.

This is nothing new, but stuff that has been in the works for a while. The E3 planning for instance has taken a few months to figure all out. But more on that as E3 approaches.

Yes, I meant like that you're working hard (along with others) to improve the site. A lot of people wouldn't bother to plan for months.
Anyway, great work Jason! It was a great read. I can't wait to see more.

Welcome Jason Shearer and Scott Elison.:)

I have been following the updates on your MKBible for awhile, Jason Shearer, you have been doing a marvelous job at it. Great job! Glad to have you here and looking forward to your contributions.:)

This is a fantastic Idea pat. It's also cool that you're doing the E3 thing I can't wait for news on God of war ascension's single player. Also welcome to the new staff members. :)

How long has that MK Bible been around? It has to be like a decade old by now?

I don't remember when I started on it exactly, but it was somewhere between 1995-1996. It's been a long time for so little, but that's mainly due to re-writes and taking breaks away from it. It wasn't until late 2010 that I got serious with it again, going as far as registering a domain for it. I've been working on it here and there when I can.

Welcome Scott! Welcome Jason!

Jason, in particular, that concept design news story of yours was a really great read. Keep it up :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

While I don't have the cred for writing something like the MK Bible. I assure you I am a fan of Mortal Kombat since I received the original game on my Sega Genesis from my grandparents without any knowledge of videogames and blind purchasing to make me happy.

As Pat said, I'll be at E3 covering what I can at Briefings and on the Show Floor. I'll have a post up shortly detailing all of that.