deadpool fatality problem

mk4life

the topic pretty much says it all. for whatever reason, every time i try to do the deadpool stage fatality, it just...well it doesn't work. i know i'm putting in the right inputs but no matter who i'm using, it just won't work. all the other stage fatality's in mk2 work fine, its just the deadpool stage fatality that doesn't. has anyone else had this happen to them? or am i doing something wrong? and yes, i am within close range of my opponent when putting in the inputs for the fatality.

you should listen to papa araknyd, he knows what he is saying. also, after you uppercut them into the acid, hold down on the d pad until you hear aauuuuwaaah.

Papa araknyd. :laugh:

Make sure you don't hit LP or LK too close to the opponent, or you will actually kick \ punch them.
I usually make LP and LK one of the last buttons I push, so that I only have to worry about hitting D+HP while holding those down.
Hope that helps. ;-)

A funny glitch with Sub Zero can be done, if you do the first half of the Deep Freeze and Shatter fatality (F, F, D+HK ... sweep distance) and then follow up with the Dead Pool fatality (Hold LP+LK, then press D+HP).

He'll uppercut a frozen body into the Dead Pool.

Last edited:
Papa araknyd. :laugh:

Make sure you don't hit LP or LK too close to the opponent, or you will actually kick \ punch them.
I usually make LP and LK one of the last buttons I push, so that I only have to worry about hitting D+HP while holding those down.
Hope that helps. ;-)

A funny glitch with Sub Zero can be done, if you do the first half of the Deep Freeze and Shatter fatality (F, F, D+HK ... sweep distance) and then follow up with the Dead Pool fatality (Hold LP+LK, then press D+HP).

He'll uppercut a frozen body into the Dead Pool.

Or, you can do Sub-Zero's Deep Freeze/Shatter fatality as usual in the Dead Pool, but before the uppercut connects, you can press and hold LK and LP to turn the shatter portion into a Dead Pool stage fatality (that way you can get the background dim AND get the frozen body in the acid). I actually discovered this on the SNES port roughly 15 years ago.

Did you Hold LP+LK, then hit D+HP ???

I was actually using the character specific stage fatalities, silly me. But i tried this and it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot man. I wonder why its different for the deadpool though. Eh, i guess another one of those mk mysteries haha.

Yup I had this same problem too! Why did Midway not tell us about that before? I had to figure out in this thread too. :_mad:

I was actually using the character specific stage fatalities, silly me. But i tried this and it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot man. I wonder why its different for the deadpool though. Eh, i guess another one of those mk mysteries haha.

I dunno why.
It's just one of those MKII things. :laugh:
To be honest, I was kind of hoping that MK9 would have put in a similar universal input for stage fatalities.