Thread: Funny thing I noticed about intros and X-Rays...

Xbox Live
    LeingodX
    PSN
    CappDog
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Funny thing I noticed about intros and X-Rays...

Well as most of you must've noticed, character intro sequences and X-Ray attacks play at a lower framerate than the gameplay itself does (30 fps probably?). Well, whatever the framerate is during those parts, the difference is kinda noticeable. Funny thing is, that if you press pause just when the intro or X-Ray begins, then resume, the sequence will play at full 60 fps afterwards for some reason, and look way sweeter in the process! That means - and I'm guessing here - that the Vita is actually able to handle the whole game at 60 fps after all, but somehow that missed the retail release.

So I was wondering, is this something that could be addressed on a future update? That'd be sweet, because believe me... sequences do look a lot better... I can even tell what's happening on those X-Rays! Try it for yourselves

TRMK Admin, Co-founder Patrick McCarron's Avatar
    Twitter
    @mccarron
    Xbox Live
    McCarron
    PSN
    McCarronX
    Steam
    mccarron
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Funny thing I noticed about intros and X-Rays...

I believe, but it's just a guess, the X-rays are slowed down on purpose so they "slow down".
    Patrick McCarron
    The Realm of Mortal Kombat Co-founder

PSN
    Lilrican
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you know what i noticed...everyone get cut in the intros..sonya ''i will have to do this the hard'....she doesn't complete her sentence. and vol is really bad...

Twitter
    @**** knows zombiewoof bat i think
    Xbox Live
    none bought the right console
    PSN
    zombie665
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilrican View Post
    you know what i noticed...everyone get cut in the intros..sonya ''i will have to do this the hard'....she doesn't complete her sentence. and vol is really bad...
    Perhaps that's why they have been slowed down. It shouldnt matter any way. My personal belief is the framerate should only matter in the actual gameplay.

PSN
    ask me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats a good point patrick. i never tried this i think i might just to see a 60 fps x ray.and besides werent the ps3 and 360 had a 30 fps x ray sequence? i like it that way for some reason. something i noticed-and its something i wiiiiiiiiiiished the vita version had but its ok im grateful its the dragon on kenshis leg armor. it doesnt glow in the intro or whenever he uses his telekinisis like on ps3. pure eye candy decoration.

Xbox Live
    LeingodX
    PSN
    CappDog
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well Patrick, I never said X-Rays play slower than they should, just at a lower framerate per second... meaning, they look "choppier". When you do the pause thingy, the animation looks more fluid, not "faster". I have the PS3 version and yeah, I know X-Rays are supposed to play slower than the rest of the game, but the difference in framerate isn't as noticeable as it is on Vita. In fact, on the PS3 I can't really notice any framerate drops during intros or X-rays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Xrays and intros are 60 fps on PS3 and XBOX 360. Also, Leingod like you said, its really enjoyable to watch xrays etc.. in 60 fps when you pause and resume. But i noticed another thing, for example i made Xray to KANO with STRYKER in normal way (30 fps) and animations were fluent at all except 60 fps to 30 fps. But if you pause and resume, you will see that the XRAY animation will be slower on hitting sequences. I suppose, they made it 30 fps to make more balanced time on Xrays and Intros's sequences.
    There is no knowledge that is not power...

Xbox Live
    LeingodX
    PSN
    CappDog
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You got a point there. Maybe they locked intros and X-rays at a lower framerate (30) to avoid slowdown or animations going out-of-sync, and when pausing the game, somehow that lock gets overriden. Personally, I prefer those sequences smoother even if they need to go slower, but that would probably mean a timing difference for expert players... so I understand their decision to do so, if that's the case.

Thread Information