New Feature: Post Thanks

Earlier today CL posted something in Just Talk that was about his future goals to become a politician. It was honest, sincere, and inspiring all at once. Every once in a while, someone will post or share something that is actually thought provoking and sometimes asks for a call to action. There is helpful and useful posts there. As the official representative of the netherrealm, believe when I say there is good hidden deep within the shit.

Knowing CL, 99.99% of his posts are useful/helpful/well thought out in the netherealm or otherwise.:p

But I see what you are saying, but I think it would be much better if we cut back on some drama/sillyness. Don't get me wrong, I love me some of it cause I admit its amusing, but there always need to be a line man, we shouldn't do stuff that makes Pat ashamed.

Re: You can now Thank people for their posts

Wow! I love this feature! I missed the rep system quite a bit and seeing a form of it return is welcome to say the least. Thanks, Pat.

the greatest word in existence

That's a bit of a stretch, eh? Greatest word ever? I could see how it could be your favorite word, what with the explanation you gave.. But the greatest word in existence? Wat?

FJ, the NetherRealm is pretty much the place where derpiness belongs. So it should probably stay just so that all the derp can stay contained in there and not find its way into actual serious threads and other sub forums

WHY is c0ck censored, anyway, when dick isn't even censored

The whole idea of the netherrealm was to reserve it for games and random discussion in Just Talk, as well as threads like 'what's your favorite color?' (for example). Basically, threads that would consist of short answers. There were far too many people making useless posts just to up their post count. Having a section where people could do that and be allowed to was an idea I had so it could at least be contained in one area instead of seeing everyone pull an Armageddon and post stupid pony pictures as a response everywhere.

Unfortunately, a lot of people took the section and started making ridiculous threads.....it wasn't meant for that. Post count or not in there, people need to still have a bit of responsibility. Have some fun with games and memes and some random discussion in just talk but no need to make dumb threads.

Ignore any typos, I am on my POS mobile lol.

Last edited:

Earlier today CL posted something in Just Talk that was about his future goals to become a politician. It was honest, sincere, and inspiring all at once. Every once in a while, someone will post or share something that is actually thought provoking and sometimes asks for a call to action. There is helpful and useful posts there. As the official representative of the netherrealm, believe when I say there is good hidden deep within the shit.

Then that post should not BE in the NetherRealm we have a General Discussion area that would be great for something like that.

Like repping another user, thanks are just as subjective in nature. Most people use +rep for posts they agree with; I feel thanks are not going to be any different. Thoughtful posts that support an unpopular opinion are less likely to receive thanks, even if the arguments presented are strong while still showing respect to the opposition. The people who used the rep system to as a way of rubbing each others' backs are likely to do the same thing with the thanks system. Thoughtful posts falls to the responsibility of the members here, they need to be willing to be positive members of the community without thinking of an immediate "reward".

Last edited:

Isn't Just Talk for general discussion, as well?
I'm confused.

General Discussion is for real discussions. Jade described NetherRealm best:

The whole idea of the netherrealm was to reserve it for games and random discussion in Just Talk, as well as threads like 'what's your favorite color?' (for example). Basically, threads that would consist of short answers. There were far too many people making useless posts just to up their post count. Having a section where people could do that and be allowed to was an idea I had so it could at least be contained in one area instead of seeing everyone pull an Armageddon and post stupid pony pictures as a response everywhere.

The limit on Thanking people is now 10 per day. I found that 25 was way too much, now you'll have to ration them a bit. So chose wisely!

Rules:
- You need 100 Posts in order to use the Thank feature.
- There is a limit to the number of posts you can Thank a day. Currently: 10
- Can not be used in the NetherRealm Section
- To be used for what you feel is a good contribution.
Ohhhh, I was wondering why I couldn't thank people's posts. This clears it up, thanks.

Got 90 posts to go.