New Feature: Post Thanks

Re: You can now Thank people for their posts

Guess I wasn't quick enough :rofl:

Don't worry Pat, that was the last one ;)

Pat said you need at least 100 posts to thanks Spine and it's not like EVERYONE over 100 posts is going to read AND THANK the guide.

So yeah. Box is okay.

Well I mean if it really gets out of hand could always modify it after lke 20x people it starts just displaying a number with a drop box that shows the names if someone is interested.

But I stand by it, there hasn't been a day in the past few months that I haven't gone into that section in the site and found behavior and conversations that I was offended by or felt a bit ashamed to have ON MY WEBSITE. I've even seen borderline hateful statements left for me and the rest of the staff. Hence the changes I've made with restricting language and content further around here, and adding things like this feature. I want to encourage people to be better, well PEOPLE, and thusly get all of us a much better community.

If you disagree with my feelings on this matter and want to allow others to be being terrible people who insult other races, sexes, other users and even the site's staff then here's the door: Logout.

Those wanting to leave because they can't say the offensive things they could say before, then I'm sorry but thank you for your time in the past and you are always welcome back.

Also to those who hate me for making a site about violent video games all "kid friendly" you must realize it's not about being kid friendly but rather being better people. If being better people seems wrong for you, maybe you are the child.

No question you remain worthy of being our fearless leader, Pat. I can say myself that from some conversations I've had I honestly believe some people here legitimately don't want to be better people. Quite frankly, this makes me sad. Didn't we go through this same crap about 5 years ago? I guess such cycles are normal. Oh well.

Also to those who hate me for making a site about violent video games all "kid friendly" you must realize it's not about being kid friendly but rather being better people. If being better people seems wrong for you, maybe you are the child.

Dude I can understand getting rid of the word that discriminates against gays, and the word that discriminates against women, and the one that discriminates against blacks.

But the ga variant of the 'N word' has nothing to do with being a terrible person. I've said it before, its a term of endearment. Nobody says it to offend, because it isn't an offensive word. All races use it and no race can claim it because its used so universally now.

I just cannot understand your logic for blocking it.
The N word.

MY word :cry:

So basically its like the like button but for TRMK thats cool :). Ahhhhh the Rep system.... man did that cause problems for you guys lol

The N word is viewed differently BBBLP

My father calls me "My n****!" sometimes

but

Whenever I say the word around my mother she looks at me and shakes her head, giving me an "I'm ashamed of you" look.

I also have friends who use it 24/7 and I have others who find it annoying and some find it offensive.

So seeing why it was censored is understandable.

The N word is viewed differently BBBLP

My father calls me "My n****!" sometimes

but

Whenever I say the word around my mother she looks at me and shakes her head, giving me an "I'm ashamed of you" look.

I also have friends who use it 24/7 and I have others who find it annoying and some find it offensive.

So seeing why it was censored is understandable.

This. The word may not be offensive to you BBBLP, but you're simply not the only one here.

I miss out on the greatest word in existence because others are ignorant and can't tell the difference between a & er.

Cool

This. The word may not be offensive to you BBBLP, but you're simply not the only one here.

Only dumbots find it offensive.
The word is all about empowerment.

The fact that the most hateful and offensive word in existence can be turned into a word of love and affection is astounding to me. But I guess I'm alone in that boat because everyone wants to be as tight assed as the media.

I miss out on the greatest word in existence because others are ignorant and can't tell the difference between a & er.

Cool

The original version is still offensive.

It's like if I made a modified version of the word "f***ot" and everyone started using it as a term of endearment. That's how "n****" was born.

The original version is still offensive.

It's like if I made a modified version of the word "f***ot" and everyone started using it as a term of endearment. That's how "n****" was born.

If its a term of endearment, and is used as such then it isn't offensive numbnuts

Its like the word *****.

There is a difference between:

"***** get out the way"

And

"*****, you so crazy"

EDIT: So I guess the 'b word' is censored now too :rolleyes:

Ok, rerail the train. Pat is more than understanding. If you still have issue, take it to PMs please so this thread can be used for what it was intended for.

Thanks. -K1LL

^^^^^^^^^ Oh my bad K1llKano, I didn't see your post up there when I made mine in here

Anyway, Pat, I got mad respect for you for putting in this feature! This is pretty cool and I hope it stays

should thanks be added as notifications and link you to your post?

or would that just get annoying after a while?

I remember those days of rep. My first steps into TRMK. Then that got scrapped. Now we have this. It was smart to be rid of that option in the Netherrealm section.

Dude I can understand getting rid of the word that discriminates against gays, and the word that discriminates against women, and the one that discriminates against blacks.

But the ga variant of the 'N word' has nothing to do with being a terrible person. I've said it before, its a term of endearment. Nobody says it to offend, because it isn't an offensive word. All races use it and no race can claim it because its used so universally now.

I just cannot understand your logic for blocking it.
The N word.

MY word :cry:

I don't really think you get it.....

As I explained to you before, I am not personally offended by it, I get the reference, but other people are. In general, it is a word that a lot of people don't like because it derives from a racist term. If a word offends even just a few people, that is when the word has to be looked at, discussed, and a decision whether to ban or not has to be made.

On top of that, you guys tossed it around a lot. I can't speak for Pat or anyone else but I am just assuming that if it were said once in a while, you could probably get away with it, but when it's every other word....yeah.

Anyway, I like the 'thanks' feature. It's a nice gesture and almost like rep, which a lot of people wanted to see come back, so here is your filler, lol.

The only issue with it is, just like rep, it could be abused, but it is something that can't really be controlled, unless the feature is taken away, so, hopefully, everyone will do their best to use it correctly and give thanks because a post is actually good and well thought out, not just because that person is their e-friend.

I do get it.
I get that other people can't comprehend its intent and are afraid of it.

Don't think this is a personal attack btw, i'm just very passionate about the word.

Adding the Thanks feature in the netherealm section would be reduntant imo since nothing useful or helpful is posted in there and people will start thanking each other because they are e-friends.

Also I know Im going to get alot of heat for this, but I personally think the Netherealm secion should be canned. Instead I think its better to change the section to a forum games section, with Just Talk and have just one thread for people who want to post useless crap and dump it all in there.

Anyways this is for another discussion, I just wanted to share my thoughts on it.