Underrated and Overrated.

Is Baraka underrated?

• Total voters

thescorpionboss

We all know him. The fiercest Tarkatan.
But WHY is Baraka so SUPER underrated?
I mean -- he is not the best player. Indeed not an god tier character.
But HEY! Baraka is DEADLY both mid-screen and corner. He possibly could win of any character!
He could beat a similair skilled Raiden or Kitana or any god tier players! Some characters he even beats with EASE.
Because Baraka is so Ultra underrated. Why the f*ck is that?

Only his character is awesome. An fierce guy with Blades coming out of his arms and badass teeth.
I have played online like 8000 or even 9000 fights and I have saw like about 3 times a Baraka.
I think it is sad that one of the most deadly mk character is actually underrated.

It makes me go fcking crazy.
Baraka needs some more love. I am planning to make it my second.

I dare you - play with Baraka once. Even twice if you still underrate him.
I don`t say that you need to main Baraka but he deserves a TON of more love.
I don`t like it how people think about Baraka.

People giving him a bad match-up.
It`s fcking shit!!
Baraka is an master.

Last edited:
Now the other thing. Overrated.

You will probably think about Raiden or any other good fighter is overrated. No - every fighter could be overrated.
Except for 1 character. He is overrated - but is actually SHIT.

CYRAX
I hear you thinking.
"No he is not overrated." or "meh Cyrax deserves to be overrated".
This is all FALSE. WRONG. NOT TRUE.

Cyrax is SLOW. Not slower than Sektor - but still - VERY SLOW.
Though - his teleports and bombs are not the problems.
It is the net. That net who makes you go crazy.

He keeps spamming the net - teleports and probably will launch an juggle kombo.
That net - it`s an attack who could be with an other character - but not with Cyrax.
Better keep that Net out anyway.

Also - if you play with Cyrax he can do massive damage. But is an VERY hard character to handle.
Especially with the bombs.

Though - fighting against him can also be impossible.
Because of that goddamn net.
The net who ruined it all..:madsign3::madsign3::madsign3:

Last edited:
What do you people think about the thread?
After all it is my opinion.
I hope I changed your minds about Baraka and Cyrax.

I will probably post more about underrated and overrated.
It is an big problem in mk.

Show your opinion about everything said. I will post today or tomorrow more in this thread.

Baraka is under rated when almost nobody uses him (even less than sheeva from my experience). However he is still underpowered, I just started using him and he could definitely use a buff to make him a bit faster.

Let`s ask a question..

What is in the eyes of you guys..Underrated and Overrated?
I gave my stories about Baraka and Cyrax.
Now it is your turn..

I don`t bother about which characters will be discussed in this thread.
Just stick with the topic.

if you ask me tiers and such don't matter at all. sure one character may be difficult to win certain others or win more easily some others as well, but if you're skilled enough you can beat anyone. as there is always someone better than yourself as well.

It's more Match up knowledge than the Tier list.

Baraka can't compete with most of the Kast.

No, I'm not saying you can't beat Kitana with Baraka, but againsted a skilled Kitana player you will have a hard time.

Yea..but equally skilled.
Today I already have beaten a Kitana w/ Baraka.

In a tournament a equally skilled player would never pick Baraka to face a kitana she is S tier and has way more mix up options. Baraka doesn't have the ability to out zone her the only thing he has is the EX dash or Xray. That doesn't mean he cant win its just that it's too much of a uphill battle for him

Well..I need to say the Kitana I had beaten was pretty bad.
Though Kitana indeed can outzone Baraka easily.

Btw.

2 wins against Noob Saibot
1 win against Jax
1 win against Sub-Zero
1 win against Cyber Sub-Zero
1 win against Scorpion

and 1 loss against Kitana.

All with Baraka.

I don`t record.
Also never said I could beat any Kabal.

I also have quitted playing with Baraka. He is not my favorite but is underrated.
I play with Noob Saibot now.

Cyrax isn't overrated he can dish out ridiculous damage in combos and can practically kill you in one combo with his resets.

Cyrax isn't overrated he can dish out ridiculous damage in combos and can practically kill you in one combo with his resets.
Actually just a few days ago i fought a Cyrax who did 54%non x ray combos....needless to say i lost....

Actually just a few days ago i fought a Cyrax who did 54%non x ray combos....needless to say i lost....

I actually fought a Cyrax who was doing a 70%+ reset in KoTH he was dominating everyone but he was getting c*ocky doing babalities on everyone so I choose Kabal and I kept spamming his F4 (which is impossible to get out of unless you block) until he decided to block and I ended up winning.

Baraka is definitely underrated.

He's no top secret S tier, but in the right hands he can still fudge niss up.
Unfortunately I'm beginning to chalk that up to unfamiliarity with the character.
There are so many ways to blow up a Raka that I know about that I fear others will find out as well.

I still think Stryker is the most underrated character due to his play style AND his character design.

No one ever takes me seriously when I pick Stryker until the match starts. I made this Sub-Zeo rage quit the other day because I landed my 47% X-Ray combo.

No one wants to use a cop in a game full of ninjas and sorcerers. Except me 8)