The "1992 Mortal Kombat: if made with live actors in 2012" thread!

This is absolutely nice. I'd be absolutely happy to see this Sonya in project guys create in the neighbour thread) Waiting for new sprites and pics;) Can you upload here the ending screens you made with her?

Good stuff! Hope to see some of the other characters when possible!

I'm hoping to make more MK1 characters, and I've contacted someone who *may* be playing Johnny Cage... here's hoping I hear back soon! He seemed enthused about it, but it wouldn't be the first time I've had someone enthusiastic suddenly disappear :-/

Looks great! I see you are using my old UI. please feel free to use any of my UI :)

Oh, that was yours? Thank you! I was losing track of who made what, and I know calactyte gave me his blessing to at least use backgrounds. So you did the ending frames? I'll make sure to give you credit if I get these on my photography portfolio!

This is absolutely nice. I'd be absolutely happy to see this Sonya in project guys create in the neighbour thread) Waiting for new sprites and pics;) Can you upload here the ending screens you made with her?

Here you go!

CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE!

EDIT: Also, here's the photo from the second ending screen by itself... as usual, click for larger version!:

Last edited:
This stuff looks great. I especially liked the ending video. Something I just noticed though, Sonya actually had shorter hair in MK1. Good news is that I didn't even notice anything was different until I looked at the original MK1 portrait. It's good news meaning that it's not noticeable and works either way very well.

Keep up the good work.

This stuff looks great. I especially liked the ending video. Something I just noticed though, Sonya actually had shorter hair in MK1. Good news is that I didn't even notice anything was different until I looked at the original MK1 portrait. It's good news meaning that it's not noticeable and works either way very well.

Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I knew I wouldn't find people who looked *exactly* like the originals... but I think my Sonya model is sexier than Malecki :wink:

Thank you both! And despite how attractive she is, she's very humble and sweet. In fact, I'll try to work on a more playful shot to put up later... I'll call it "Greetings from Shang Tsung's Island" :wink:

Oh definitely anyone is sexier than the original Sonya actor. lol

Obviously you wouldn't be looking for people who look exactly like the actors. The point is though, your work/her look compliment the "Sonya" character nicely. Having people that can portray the "character" rather than the original actor is the point.

Good job though! Can't wait to see more.

Oh definitely anyone is sexier than the original Sonya actor. lol

Obviously you wouldn't be looking for people who look exactly like the actors. The point is though, your work/her look compliment the "Sonya" character nicely. Having people that can portray the "character" rather than the original actor is the point.

Good job though! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks, I can't wait to *make* more :p Like I mentioned elsewhere, I *may* have a Johnny Cage... hopefully I'll hear back before the end of the week! And if all else fails with other character castings, I may don the karate gi and pointed hat to at least play the thunder god himself :wink:

Sorry, I must say, Elizabeth Malecki was the sexiest Sonya ever, no one and never will be better than Her. But this one is definitely sexier than Kerri Hoskins, Bridgete Willson, Jeri Ryan and any other Sonya actress. So, this one takes the second place after Elizabeth Malecki!
But please, never mind, I'm a girl myself, and my woman ideals are a bit different than for guys. Liz was the best for me in 20 years, since 1992, and it just has become axiom, Elizabeth was the female who actually helped me form my world-view how the "ideal woman" must look. This girl's appearence is close enough to Liz, much more than Kerri, that's why i say, she is absolutely great. What is her name?

Last edited:
Well, for the sake of anonymity, I'm probably not going to reveal her name anytime soon :p

Also, I apologize for the sudden lull of media... the "real world" has been taking up a lot of my time lately, but hopefully I can get some more pics up soon!

@Sub-Zera. Damn right, Elizabeth Malecki is the best Sonya actress. Really nice thread @Hattoris, perhaps the costume should be the same as in the original retro aerobics stuff. But great job keep it up....

@Friendship, where did you find an original photo from the MK1 shoot? I've seen some others on TRMK but I've never been able to find anything much other than Johnny Cage or Kano. It would be cool to see Liu Kang and some Shang Tsung action shots.

This is great stuff... keep up the good work!

Also, some need to keep in mind that the early '90s technology was not kind to Liz Malecki... someone posted an old interview vid with her a while back, and it's clear that she is much sexier than she looked in-game.

Hey everyone! Sorry for not posting more lately, but I just "survived" a recent giant work project, so I'm still semi "recovering". However, I'll try to post some new stuff tomorrow!

Meanwhile, it unfortunately looks like my proposed Johnny Cage actor might've fallen through, so it's time to start hunting again!