2 Questions, 1 Topic

MK3 Shang Tsung

I've played alot of MK2 & MK3 back then for the SNES/SEGA/N64/PS/arcade and I never have the chance to play this version yet. My friend told me its like the aforementioned games but obviously a little bit graphical. He also said its on a 2D plan unlike the other MKs like Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon. Is this true? Also is it also true that Shang Tsung can use his morphing abilities like he did in the other games before alliance?

Yes, it's a 2D game. While 3D models and environments are used, the characters only move along the X and Y axises.

Shang Tsung can use his Soul Steal to morph into the character he is currently facing and gets a small damage boost as well. He can no longer morph into any character of his choosing.

Well when you play as Shang you can only morph into your opponent. But the AI Shang in the arcade ladder can morph into different characters. A lot of people say MK9 is really similar to the old ones, but I don't think so. It is just it's own game, unlike any other MK. But honestly it's my favorite MK game, VERY surprising to beat the classics in my opinion. There is just so many possibilities with the combo system.