Squirrelpion's music thread

Sounds great dude, really liked Squirrel's Gael. Sounds halfway intelligent, actually had to turn it up because I liked it so much, the bass is awesome in my headphones.

What set up are you using? I used to record on my Fostex 8-track, good times. You inspire me to start making music again.

Sounds great dude, really liked Squirrel's Gael. Sounds halfway intelligent, actually had to turn it up because I liked it so much, the bass is awesome in my headphones.

What set up are you using? I used to record on my Fostex 8-track, good times. You inspire me to start making music again.
hell yeah dude thanks. you totally should makes some music man, its a great gift to share with people if you can just get them to stop a take a few minutes out of their day. i use a 25 key midi keyboard. i use it with propeller head reason and ableton. do you have any music saved on your computer that you could upload? i would definitely want to check it out

I have cakewalk now, used to have reason. I have about 40+ demos I made about 7-8 years ago, just all on cds I still have, lost it all on my old hard drives when they got corrupted. I plan on going back and redoing them when I invest in some new equipment. Once I get back into it we will have to swap some files for fun. I have Monday and Tuesday off so maybe I can upload some to soundcloud then. They sound real rough though haha.

Didn't you have some work with guitars I heard a while ago? How long have you been playing? I have a Nord Lead 2, Yamaha an1x, Korg Electribe es-1, Boss Dr. Rhythem DR-660.

I really really really really really really really really love your work. I would love to hear more.

Classical music?

I approve :top:

I enjoy all types of music except Rap where they curse TOO much and Death Metal/Really heavy metal.

Keep up the great work man! I love it!

"Mr. Dr. Squirrelpion Huffnagel's Orchestra" haha, that name.
Squirrel's Gael was my favorite song on here.

I've heard some of your music on youtube as well. Great stuff man.

Last edited:
WOW! Seriously squirrel, wow. This is insanely impressive. I've taken a class on Reason before and I cannot fathom how you are so good at it. I could easily picture Dawning going along with a game or movie. Listening to it is making me think of watching a scene in a kung fu movie where everything is in slow motion and the hero is starting to lose badly. I don't know why that, but I love it. Hell any of these tracks could work in a game no problem. This is amazing dude.

(cough cough)(clears throat) FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YEAH! thanks guys. dudebro bacon, i have been using reason for like 2 months. you just got to sit there for freaking hours tweaking notes and adjusting the levels. i'm still lost it in it most of the time. the possiblilities are endless with reason. @skyasaurus flex i thought i saw you comment on something sky. your name on youtube is a little different but, i still assumed it was you. thanks for taking the time to listen to muh shits.

I really love your Orchestra music and classical guitar. Squirrel's Gael, Solo dark eyes, and Don squirrelione are my favorite.

thank you good sir! yeah, solo dark eyes was freaking brutal i was lucky enough to get that first try. don squirrelione was the first thing i recorded with my buddy. it's always been my friends favorite for some reason.

i demand you put some of your work up on the internets! and for god's sake man, quite being so damn sexy.

:laugh:
I would but 95% of what I do as an audio engineer is record, mix and edit other people's work.
Don't know if they would be cool with me posting their stuff online.
I have some (like 2 songs) that I did back in the day in the studio, but they're on ADAT \ VHS tapes, and I've been looking everywhere to get an ADAT machine to remix and convert them.

I posted up a short film that I did post-production for a while back, but since then, I've mostly been working with bands.

The post production vid I did is here:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/16880-Audio-Post-Production-I-did-for-a-short-film

:laugh:
I would but 95% of what I do as an audio engineer is record, mix and edit other people's work.
Don't know if they would be cool with me posting their stuff online.
I have some (like 2 songs) that I did back in the day in the studio, but they're on ADAT \ VHS tapes, and I've been looking everywhere to get an ADAT machine to remix and convert them.

I posted up a short film that I did post-production for a while back, but since then, I've mostly been working with bands.

The post production vid I did is here:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/16880-Audio-Post-Production-I-did-for-a-short-film
(all nonchalant and shit) atomic elbow huah!
damn, that has some ****ing great tonal quality! teach me oh wise one. i must learn the way of the bad ass sound quality.

(all nonchalant and shit) atomic elbow huah!
damn, that has some ****ing great tonal quality! teach me oh wise one. i must learn the way of the bad ass sound quality.

Glad you liked it. ;-)
It's funny because I listen to it, and I'm always harsh on myself saying this or that could have been fixed.
I was given a 2 week window with that one because it was for a friend's project before he graduated.
Fun stuff.
I love doing Sound FX and Voice-Overs the most, but most of my stuff is with music.
Thinking about moving to Orlando in about a year or so, and there may be more opportunities for post production work over there.
I know that there's a TON of music work over there.