TRMK Guide - Mortal Kombat Vita FAQs

How are the controls? Is the d-pad good enough? My main kharacter is Rain and his combos require perfect timing, I'd be pissed if his geyser kick comes out too easily and when it's not wanted, because the d-pad is too small, causing the negative edge.

so that means i can play it online on any psn account that i have

Right the Vita uses your existing PSN account to setup games.

How are the controls? Is the d-pad good enough? My main kharacter is Rain and his combos require perfect timing, I'd be pissed if his geyser kick comes out too easily and when it's not wanted, because the d-pad is too small, causing the negative edge.

When I first played the demo at the Vita Social club it took a bit of time to adjust. But with any control method, it's all up to you and your hands. I have fairly large fingers and have no major problems on the Vita, only occasional slips.

No Chamber Of Flame? Yes!!! I hated that stupid stage, I would mess up my combos when the screen was shaking and the 3 stage fatalities were poorly done.

the fatalitys did look cheesy in that stage.but i never heard of someone messing up combos because the arena shook

So, I've heard the new AR arena is based off MK2's Kombat Tomb. I wonder if the AR can be deactivated to have a regular Kombat Tomb?

So, I've heard the new AR arena is based off MK2's Kombat Tomb. I wonder if the AR can be deactivated to have a regular Kombat Tomb?

Hmm the video from PAX didn't look like the Kombat Tomb to me. It just had the dragons from MK2's Kombat Tomb, that's about it so disabling the camera (put tape over it?) will just get you a black background.

the fatalitys did look cheesy in that stage.but i never heard of someone messing up combos because the arena shook

Actually it happens a lot. It was removed from Tournament play because of this.

I've been wondering... are the graphics as bad as everyone seems to say these days? I've noticed the models are simplified, but you can never tell how bad is it from videos alone. I bet Patrick or some of you guys have played it at some expo =)

I've been wondering... are the graphics as bad as everyone seems to say these days? I've noticed the models are simplified, but you can never tell how bad is it from videos alone. I bet Patrick or some of you guys have played it at some expo =)

I covered this in another thread a bit, but the game looks great when I saw it at the Vita Hill demo. The models are simplified but that's to be expected on a mobile gaming platform and for a game where speed of it matters more than anything. It's only really noticeable when the game zooms into a player. During the game you can't even tell due to the model distance from the screen.

People are going to compare screenshots, which is unfair honestly, but they need to just play it on the actual hardware to see what they think. It played just like the console game, I could do my combos with little effort and noticed no frame drops ever.

Last edited:
I covered this in another thread a bit, but the game looks great when I saw it at the Vita Hill demo. The models are simplified but that's to be expected on a mobile gaming platform and for a game where speed of it matters more than anything. It's only really noticeable when the game zooms into a player. During the game you can't even tell due to the model distance from the screen.

People are going to compare screenshots, which is unfair honestly, but they need to just play it on the actual hardware to see what they think. It played just like the console game, I could do my combos with little effort and noticed no frame drops ever.

Well, sounds like nothing terrible... guess I'll know the day after tomorrow :)

Kinda reminds me of Unchained on the PSP though, you never noticed the models were inferior until fatalities or winning poses.

I wonder, how online system in MK VITA works. "Can we see the player stats" before choose anyone to fight? If its not like PS3 (chatrooms) are there just ranked and player match modes? If we can't see the stats, it's too bad but anyway we play with each other. :vroam: