Mk vita gameplay video question

The-Boss

i would like to say hi to all im new here nice to meet you all and anybody who reads.and maybe someone can clear up a thought i have but why is it this game was announced way back but we arent having any trailers for it till the last minute.and its not a full screen trailer.its a youtube video with a vita in it and in the vita is the game and i wonder whats the point of it.know what I mean.i dont judge graphics but all i wanna do is see the game The most i can.like the skins trailer looked great but that vita screen thing bah.and i wish they showed the characters intros which would help to get a closer look at those nostalgic beautys.I remember seeing that handheld screen gimmick since psp.What is that all about? i hope you know what im talking about if not ill clarify more. but cant wait its been so long long live mortal kombat and mortal kombat vita :3

oh i never thought about that. that does make sense it just always made me think why.but i can see that now when i think about it.thank you

Perhaps they thought it'd be the better to make the resolution of an actual video smaller so that the graphics looks not that bad.

aw that would make me sad. poor mk on vita.I think it looks bootifull on the full resolution screenshots i saw. Ive been hearing alotta stuff from people saying it looks below expectation. I thought some full res vids straight from vita to a pc would do some good. I think it would make people more receptive about the game. In the skin trailer i can barely see their face and maaaybe if people saw the game up close they wouldn't see any cons but the pros about how challenging it was to put this game on vita. If you see one of the screenshots it looks fantastic. But its not something you can tell in a trailer or the gameplay videos. Alotta people dissing a game that doesnt even look bad. thankw for the input though im finally getting ideas of why they do that vita screen trailer thing

When I played it, it looked great. The game is clearly lower visual quality (lower textures and polygons) to the console releases, but otherwise that's to be expected. The game still features dynamic backgrounds and almost every single console version feature. I think King of the Hill is the only thing that is really missing.

My comparison UMvC3 on Vita uses very static backgrounds and much smaller characters. So their models look slightly better but MK looks way better overall and is still feature filled.

When I played it, it looked great. The game is clearly lower visual quality (lower textures and polygons) to the console releases, but otherwise that's to be expected. The game still features dynamic backgrounds and almost every single console version feature. I think King of the Hill is the only thing that is really missing.

My comparison UMvC3 on Vita uses very static backgrounds and much smaller characters. So their models look slightly better but MK looks way better overall and is still feature filled.

Yeah, I read that it looked way better on Vita OLED screen. Besides those trailers are only 30fps while Vita runs it at 60fps.

well thats good.thats great. i knew mk on vita was tuff. all we really lose in the process is online tag (still get offline tag),King of the hill and thats it. we get the whole story and extra costumes with a secondary tower. :3 i would get this game even if it just had the menu lol. i wish i couldve played it at pax or something.

you know i thought about that awhile back noob saibot. something tells me it will work. nobodys seen a thing relating to story mode ? like if the option was available to in one of those hand on events? but yeah id say it will pass and be fun completing it again

Yeah, I read that it looked way better on Vita OLED screen. Besides those trailers are only 30fps while Vita runs it at 60fps.

Right the game will look better on the actual device screen. Not just because of OLED but also pixel density. Too bad no one but developers have hardware to capture the Vita right now, they have special HDMI equipped Vita dev kits.

One thing I'm curious about is what quality Vita gets Story Mode in.

you know i thought about that awhile back noob saibot. something tells me it will work. nobodys seen a thing relating to story mode ? like if the option was available to in one of those hand on events? but yeah id say it will pass and be fun completing it again

Story Mode is there, should be exactly the same as before.

Hmm... Is it actually a good or a bad thing? Because watching higher quality video parts and then playing in less quality can actually bother your eyes.

Well, maybe I spelled it the wrong way. English is not my first language. I meant you could see a difference between PS3 videos and Vita gameplay graphics.

I didn't say there wouldn't be a difference, just that it wouldn't matter. The game looked pretty good when I saw it and the difference between cut scenes and the fight scenes will likely only be a minor difference and not anything completely distracting. Unless they rendered down the cut scenes to match, but I doubt they did that as the character models are different just not THAT different.

Last edited:
I didn't say there wouldn't be a difference, just that it wouldn't matter. The game looks pretty good and the difference between cut scenes and the fight scenes will likely only be a minor difference and not anything completely distracting. Unless they rendered down the cut scenes to match, but I doubt they did that as the character models are different just not THAT different.

Yeah, I got what you meant. I was just trying to explain what I meant to The-Boss.