16 Costumes

musgrave999

Well MK Vita is almost here. Anyone want to take guesses for the remaining unannounced costumes? We have...

7 Umk3 ninjas
4 dlc alts
1 mileena
1 raiden

That only leaves 3 remaining. 1st one I'm praying for cyber smoke which I think is realistic. 2nd I want to say cyber reptile because it would be cheap and easy for them to make, plus he was sick but I don't have high hopes for that. 3rd is completely random because I honestly have no idea... Unmasked scorpion with a flaming head, Lol. Possible, not probable, any ideas?

MK2 Scorpion, Sub Zero and Reptile. Think about it. Dont wanna burst anyones bubble but im pretty sure thats what it will be. Pallette swaps of what they already have.

MK2 Scorpion, Sub Zero and Reptile. Think about it. Dont wanna burst anyones bubble but im pretty sure thats what it will be. Pallette swaps of what they already have.

If they're giving Raiden an alt, there's also some chance that Sonya, Kano, Johnny Cage or Liu Kang can get an alt costume.
Assuming the Klassic costume history of MK9 though, you may be right.

Well MK Vita is almost here. Anyone want to take guesses for the remaining unannounced costumes? We have...

7 Umk3 ninjas
4 dlc alts
1 mileena
1 raiden

That only leaves 3 remaining. 1st one I'm praying for cyber smoke which I think is realistic. 2nd I want to say cyber reptile because it would be cheap and easy for them to make, plus he was sick but I don't have high hopes for that. 3rd is completely random because I honestly have no idea... Unmasked scorpion with a flaming head, Lol. Possible, not probable, any ideas?

How do you imagine Cyber Smoke using Smoke's default moves? Cyber Smoke is way too different from his human version. It will totally be a waste of costume and definitely not satisfying for fans.

I agree cyber smoke wouldn't work right, unless he is new character. My money is on MKII ninja's i really want MKII reptile and scorp. sub zero has enough costumes (and alternate character variants, noob & cyber) i would love to see more of the none ninja roster get klassic costumes tho...

How do you imagine Cyber Smoke using Smoke's default moves? Cyber Smoke is way too different from his human version. It will totally be a waste of costume and definitely not satisfying for fans.

Agreed.
What they should have done was made Cyber Smoke as a WHOLE DLC character, but that time has come and gone, and it ain't happening.
A Cyber Smoke costume would feel about as fake as those plastic hub caps, for cars, that they have in the automotive aisle at Walmart.

Agreed.
What they should have done was made Cyber Smoke as a WHOLE DLC character, but that time has come and gone, and it ain't happening.
A Cyber Smoke costume would feel about as fake as those plastic hub caps, for cars, that they have in the automotive aisle at Walmart.

I'm still guessing he will be the reward for a new challenge tower. He was asked for too many times to have gone unnoticed.

I believe Skarlet did have an alternate costume that was made, but for some reason it was scrapped in the actual game.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110504102718/mk/images/e/e4/Scarlet07.jpg

There used to be video of it floating around on youtube, but I cannot find it anymore.

They had made sure to give all the DLCs alternate costumes until they got a word about upcoming PS Vita so they decided to leave it as worth buying exclusive Vita stuff.

EDIT: ^This is just my opinion.

I'm still guessing he will be the reward for a new challenge tower. He was asked for too many times to have gone unnoticed.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
Way back in the fall of 2010, when Boon was asking people on Twitter about who they'd like to see as DLC, lots of the votes went to Tanya, Reiko, Fujin and Cyber Smoke.

Rain was assumed by the fans, at that time, to be part of the original roster.
Kenshi was thrown in as DLC because Ed Boon has publicly said that Kensi was his 2nd favorite character (2nd to Scorpion of course).

If they're giving Raiden an alt, there's also some chance that Sonya, Kano, Johnny Cage or Liu Kang can get an alt costume.
Assuming the Klassic costume history of MK9 though, you may be right.

I dont think they are giving raiden an alt, I recall someone posting an article, comparing the new costumes to raiden in the mk movies been a new look for some of the warriors. Again I think some of the mk community have read what they want to hear and blown it out of proportion. My bets that there wont be an raiden alt, but it will be mk2 skarlett. I stand by the mk2 ninjas also

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
Way back in the fall of 2010, when Boon was asking people on Twitter about who they'd like to see as DLC, lots of the votes went to Tanya, Reiko, Fujin and Cyber Smoke.

Rain was assumed by the fans, at that time, to be part of the original roster.

To be honest something's telling me Rain was ready before game's launch but was left to be DLC for higher sales. But that's off-topic.

To be honest something's telling me Rain was ready before game's launch but was left to be DLC for higher sales.

I agree.
With MK9 being an MK 1 thru UMK3 throwback, I could imagine someone in the WB \ NRS meeting saying:
"What hardcore series fan could resist not getting Rain?"

It worked.
I mean, hey, they suckered me into buying him, because the UMK3 roster didn't feel complete without him, IMO.
Kenshi and Freddy I was able to do without, and I tried out Skarlet to see what all the fuss is about.

I DO love Rain's UMK3 ninja costume on the Vita though.
It's way better than his default Edenian prince look.

Last edited:
Based on pictures we've already scene:
1. UMK3 Scorpion
2. UMK3 Sub-Zero
3. UMK3 Reptile
4. UMK3 Smoke
5. UMK3 Noob Saibot
6. UMK3 Ermac
7. UMK3 Rain

Since we already have MKII Smoke/Noob Saibot & Trophy Icon Shows MKII Reptile.
8. MKII Scoripon
9. MKII Sub-Zero
10. MKII Reptile

11. MKII Mileena (Already seen in pics)
12. MKII Skarlet (Why not? Ermac has his MK1 costume.)
13. Alt. Skarlet (Already seen in pics)
14. Alt. Kenshi (Already seen in pics)
15. Alt. Rain (Just a guess)
16. Alt. Freddy (If not, he'd be the only character with one costume.)

And after the initial Mortal Kombat Vita sales and the hype dies down, they WILL be available for DLC for PS3 & 360.

UMK3 Scorpion
UMK3 Sub-Zero (masked)
UMK3 Reptile
UMK3 Ermac
UMK3 Smoke
UMK3 Noob Saibot
UMK3 Rain
MK2 Mileena
Skarlet alt
Kenshi alt
Rain alt
Freddy Krueger alt
Raiden alt?
UMK3 Skarlet?
MK2 Skarlet?
MK3 Cyber Smoke? (assuming Cyber Smoke is one of the rumored new characters)