MK dev taking shots at other game devs? (Vita related)

C-Sword

Mortal Kombat PS Vita associate designer Derek Kirtzic was at PAX East 2012 showing off Mortal Kombat for the Playstation Vita and when quizzed about other PS Vita games and general PS Vita development he had this to say:

I played a couple of other Vita games and I wanted to vomit at the loading times,” said Kirtzic.

“We’re running at 60 FPS, and it plays exactly like the console. There is no miss in button inputs, no button lag, it feels exactly like it, and it looks great. We don’t have static backgrounds; we have fully animated backgrounds just like we did on the consoles,” he added.

“A lot of the Vita games out there are only running at 30 frames per second. It was mandatory that we made sure we stayed at 60 frames per second.”

“It was never an option. It has to run at 60 frames per second, it’s a fighting game. That’s what it has to do.”

http://www.psu.com/NetherRealm-dev-...es-60-FPS-was-never-an-option--a014996-p0.php

lol thats right call out those lazy devs Derek!! Damn I wish I could get a Vita by May.

I hope you do, it's an amazing machine. Just Mortal Kombat and Uncharted already make it a worthwhile purchase. All the other awesome games and features are like a bonus.

I haven't played that much with my Vita ever since finishing Uncharted GA, it's not doing very well sale wise, they need more exclusive games and not too many ports of games already available on consoles. I have no interest in games like Reality Fighters, Little Deviants etc..

What they need is

Kingdom Hearts
Monster Hunter
God Of War
Final Fantasy

I haven't played that much with my Vita ever since finishing Uncharted GA, it's not doing very well sale wise, they need more exclusive games and not too many ports of games already available on consoles. I have no interest in games like Reality Fighters, Little Deviants etc..

What they need is

Kingdom Hearts
Monster Hunter
God Of War
Final Fantasy

You are absolutely right, i hate that kind of ipadish games, we need more solid exclusive titles. Can't wait for may :). BTW, C-sword do you know that MK VITA is region free or locked? So i can play with everyone in here :)

Vita games are region free, not sure about online play tho, you can always import the US version and create a US account, it might just work.

I hope you do, it's an amazing machine. Just Mortal Kombat and Uncharted already make it a worthwhile purchase. All the other awesome games and features are like a bonus.

Pfft, whatever. DLC is what I need. Damn NRS releasing that sorry excuse of a "Komplete edition." This port has more stuff than the original game. Its supposed to be a port, not the "real komplete edition."