New kharacters on the Vita!?

C-Sword

Apparently the've been promoting VITA by showing MK the most and the guests that attended spoke of "unrevealed" surprises and extra-characters that have not been seen in the game before. From what I gathered its clear that they are not talking about the DLC! This is mostly from FB comments so I'm trying to get some confirmation on these claims.

Though I can't confirm this information, I've gotten word that selected guests got some special previews of the MK VITA during the event in Bolivia and Chile!

No recordings were allowed but they all talk about at least two new characters that are not part of the already known roster (including the DLC characters).

Reports are pretty vague but they do specify that "he" is not a character from the "PS3 roster".

Most of the selected guests who saw the special preview concede about at least 1 new character while other guests made it sound plural, as in "2 unconfirmed new characters" but that is unclear. At least they all agree about one though...

Nothing is said about them being playable or not. The not-so-detailed reports only confirm that you can "fight" against him. I've yet to read a description about how "he" looks yet.

Props to Queve for the info!

Not sure if I can post the pics from the event (no new kharacters shown to the public, only cosplay), cause they're from another MK site

OMG, if this is true, all the console owners will go berserk! I hope that the PS Vita exclusives stay PS Vita exclusives, cause I own one and I want to see you guys go crazy, cause I worship chaos :)

I know they said that there would be no new kharacters back then, but they also said no augmented reality feature, so you never know.

"Some men just want to see the world burn"

:rofl: You are evil. Let the console owners get some love :)

I'm pessimistic.
So I'm thinking those foreigners to MK probably thought that the alts were new characters.

Capcom did this with street fightet x tekken on the vita from what i can gather so Warner Bros doing the same to promote the Vita wouldn't surprise me but Im hoping that netherelm doesn't drop to Capcom's level. It would be a major blow to fans who purchased the console version of the game.

1. "He" can be Havik, Fujin, Shinnok, Reiko, Daegon, or Chameleon (since he is in the UMK3/MKT timeline).

2. Any 2 of the three guys mentioned above.

3. The second character can be a female including TANYA, Sareena, Frost, or Khameleon (based on the female ninja in grey).

I bet it's any of these people and I hope I will be able to afford and have time for a PS Vita. If that's the case, I might sell my MK for the PS3. But for sure, I will get the next generation MK. ;-)

Not sure if I can post the pics from the event (no new kharacters shown to the public, only cosplay), cause they're from another MK site

OMG, if this is true, all the console owners will go berserk! I hope that the PS Vita exclusives stay PS Vita exclusives, cause I own one and I want to see you guys go crazy, cause I worship chaos :)

I know they said that there would be no new kharacters back then, but they also said no augmented reality feature, so you never know.

I could care less about extra characters NOW.
Sure, another DLC MK character would have been better than Freddy, but I didn't DL him, so I never have to see him.
MK9 on my PS3 is as complete as I want it to be.
On to MK10.
I'd laugh my ass off though, if there was an additional character on the Vita that DID come to PSN and XBLA, and see all the butt-hurt coming from Vita owners thinking it was going to be exclusive forever. :laugh:

rage1-291x300.png

If they really think they can sit there and give ALL this stuff to the Vita, they've got another thing coming. Some of us aren't Sony system owners. Any PS3 MK player would happily go out and buy this game. Its just saying to us 360 owners "Ha, look what we get! Our own exclusive character, AND an Ultimate release on a hand held!" No, Boon. You will kill off all your fan base that doesn't own a Vita. Seriously, they just need to
cut-thru-the-bs.jpg

and give the console owners DLC.

It's just a rumor, so I'm going to take it with a grain of salt. Even if turns out to be true, I guess I'll set some popcorn aside in case the community starts to rage and bawl.

"Wahhhh! Why don't console versions get dlc?" "Nooo! Console buyers got screwed over!"

Oh people...

Last edited:
Well they did say that the new Challenge Tower has a new (and evidently bigger) reward than the one we got for completing the original Tower, so maybe the reward you get this time is an actual new playable character?

I hope so but I doubt it, it's probably just gonna be something like Flesh Pit costumes for all the ladies or playable bosses :(

More from Queve

Got some exciting confirmations on the characters you guys!

Gotta get the facts straight though as its all mostly "mouth-to-mouth", but, it appears to be MK characters! Not any kind of guests or fakes (assuming, of course, that these rumors are all true).

I don't understand why the people who attended the special preview wouldn't spill the beans and reveal the characters, it's possible that they were told not to by NRS, but come on, not everyone can keep a secret and everything gets leaked, because of the internet. That's why I'm having a hard time believing these rumors.

Last edited:
I played the hell out of the console version, and I can't wait to play the hell out of this version. I do hope that if the vita version gets extra characters that it stays that way. The vita will need those sales. And to Bruzzrad, get a Vita. That way you'll be able to get the extra stuff, and still hate the "evil" PS3. It's win win for you.