Sub Zero and controllers ...

-Joh-

Hey all.

Okay, so only just ordered MK & I'm expecting it in the mail. Better lat than never.

Now, ever since the first MK back in the day when I was a kid, I was all about Sub Zero. So, when I get to play MK9, I'm pretty much gonna school myself up on the Man In Blue. Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are on Sub, coz' I've been checkin' out as much as possible on youtube, & saw footage of tournament players using Kung Loa & Mileena (lots of spam), playing very well, just wondering how Sub Zero stands up?

Also, on to my second point: controllers.
I'm playin off an Xbox360, & the controllers suck for fighting games, as I'm sure you'd know. So I'm getting an adapter. Just wanted to know the difference between PS2 & PS3 contollers in terms of adapting either to a 360. All I see so far is that PS2 controllers a cheap as f*%k

- cheers.

You'll have to play a very defensive style with Sub, he isn't one of the fastest characters, your main goal will be to force your opponents into jumping into your ice clones, you'll have to do a lot of turtling and that's why some people hate playing against him.

Id probably learn someone else to be honest, how the games changed he has some really bad matchups. I main him mind

You'll have to play a very defensive style with Sub, he isn't one of the fastest characters, your main goal will be to force your opponents into jumping into your ice clones, you'll have to do a lot of turtling and that's why some people hate playing against him.

He has a lot more going for him than just turtling.
Sub-Zero IS more of a defensive character, but you can also use ground freeze against constant blockers, bait people with the ice ball, use the ground slide to get closer, bait people in mid-air with mid-air ice clones (like Mileena) etc, etc, etc, etc.
Try him out for yourself.

I main Sub zero =D

It would be best to hit up Testyourmight.com for a advance Sub zero guide they can explain things a lot better than I can.

Not saying the Sub zero is a bad character to main, but as of now he's probably the worst out of all the male Ninjas. Not saying that he can't hold his own but from Brady's Match up list and recent Majors you rarely see Sub anymore.

Sub can be offensive but his Keep away is what he's known for, Ice clones can be used to control space (Zoning) one of his most useful tool. He can dish out decent damage meterless and has an OK mixing game. One thing I love about Sub is that he can trade an iceball with certain projectiles for a full combo, which is essential to winning against bad match ups. Taking the life lead and using clones to create space and run out time.

Am I the only person in the world who can use 360 controllers just fine with no problems?

Maybe.
My cousin has SSIV and UMvC3 on 360 and I kept dropping moves.
Played UMvC3 at another friend's house on PS3, and I was spot on with combos.
I never got used to the 360 D-pad.

Hmm. So I guess Sub's more defensive & only so so in general ... Kinda what I'd assumed from youtube footage. Fair nuff. So, since Sub's a defensive ninja, who's a good offensive ninja? Scorp? Smoke? For example, who's a good partner for Sub in a tag-team?

Xbox controllers: Dude, they're sweet on 1st person shooters. But on a fight game, for me, they're horrible. It's not a constant thing, but I do drop moves. Usually at bad times. Dunno. I'm not fat & I don't have sausage fingers ... maybe I'm just getting flustered & douch-bagging my d-pad in a retard manner. All I know, is that it happened alot less when I was playing Deception back when I owned PS2.

So what's the difference twixt PS2/3 controllers and adapters, for fight games, apart from price?

Hmm. So I guess Sub's more defensive & only so so in general ... Kinda what I'd assumed from youtube footage. Fair nuff. So, since Sub's a defensive ninja, who's a good offensive ninja? Scorp? Smoke? For example, who's a good partner for Sub in a tag-team?

Xbox controllers: Dude, they're sweet on 1st person shooters. But on a fight game, for me, they're horrible. It's not a constant thing, but I do drop moves. Usually at bad times. Dunno. I'm not fat & I don't have sausage fingers ... maybe I'm just getting flustered & douch-bagging my d-pad in a retard manner. All I know, is that it happened alot less when I was playing Deception back when I owned PS2.

So what's the difference twixt PS2/3 controllers and adapters, for fight games, apart from price?

Honestly all of the "ninja" characters can be played offensively. Smoke is good for a strong rushdown offense. It's going to seem generic but Sub-Zero and Scorpion make a great tag team. Reptile is a good mixture of rushdown and playing a little zoning. Tag is pretty much all I play, I can give you some good tips and help you out, as well as with normal 1v1 and anything about the game. If you want, click my gamertag on the left and add me and I can teach you some stuff when you get the game.

Yeah, sweet, I'll add you next time im on xbox live dude.

I'm thinkin Noob as my alternative. Schitzophrenic ninja in black, who also happens to be related to Sub Zero, & from what I've seen, he looks like more of an offensive "rush" character.

Ok. So MK arrived in the mail from china today. No fortune cookie tho. Bummer.

Like I said, I'm sticking with Sub & Noob.

Finished Ladder a few times each, on Easy to get a feel for 'em both. And yeah, you's were right. Sub Zero's a bit of a wet blanket. Ended up playing my room-mate in Tag Team 2v2 (sub/noob vs cyber-sub/kano). Dude. Sub Zero was letting me down something savage. Kinda like cutting steak with a butter knife. Noob's good tho. Not gonna get rid of Sub tho, just gonna take a while in the dojo to iron out my approach. My mind boggles at the sight of people finishing an Elite trip up the Ladder without restarting using Sub Zero. Ah well, practice makes perfect guess ... by all means, shoot some tips at me if you know a way to effectively use Sub against Kano. It's like the rabbit vs the tourtise.

And as far as controllers go. My original 360 controller's d-pad is letting me down here & there, not as bad as I thought it would, but I ordered a Razer Onza anyway. See how it goes & how long it lasts I guess.