So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it specifichaly says that everyone else is dead. Or if Khan actually beat Blaze. It is what common sence implies however.

If you wanna go by Taven's arcade ending, I would assume that he defeated Blaze, Argus' plan backfired, everyone became godly and started killing each other, until there was Raiden and Shao Kahn left.

Cue MK9...

EDIT: Upon further investigation, the Konquest and Arcade endings of Taven are connected. In the Konquest ending, he said defeating Blaze did not kill the Kombatants, nor strip them of their power, but a THIRD, UNFORSEEN outcome. That is where the arcade ending comes into play.

This makes the most logical sense for why Raiden and Kahn were the last one's standing at the top of the Pyramid.

More than likely, it was Kahn's Armageddon ending that was taking place.

Shao Kahn is seen in the MK9 opening, as he is about to kill Raiden, with a godly blazing aura around him. If Taven's ending were true, where all kombatants received the power boost, then Raiden would have had the aura around him too.

Still makes you wonder about Taven... I don't think he'd get killed that easy

The ending said it made the Kombatants stronger, however it never mentioned him, so one can assume that he did not absorb Blaze's power.

More than likely, it was Kahn's Armageddon ending that was taking place.

Shao Kahn is seen in the MK9 opening, as he is about to kill Raiden, with a godly blazing aura around him. If Taven's ending were true, where all kombatants received the power boost, then Raiden would have had the aura around him too.

Could be possible, but since Armageddon's Konquest mode was considered canon, I'm sticking with my theory.

Maybe Raiden had the aura before Kahn started stomping him all over the place. But that is only an assumption.

Shao Kahn did not get the Aura until the end of the intro when he was about to smash Raiden's head in.

Shao Kahn was shown in Armageddon being lifted away by the Dragon King.
Maybe Shao Kahn defeated the Dragon King, and was the last person to get that aura.

Shao Kahn was shown in Armageddon being lifted away by the Dragon King.
Maybe Shao Kahn defeated the Dragon King, and was the last person to get that aura.

Forgot about this, good point. Maybe he did defeat the Dragon King, and by the time he arrived back at the pyramid, a lot of the forces have been in battle/defeated or killed already, giving him a significant advantage.

So Taven killed Baze, got ascension to full Godhood and the power flows through his armor and empowers all the kombatants. In the meantime Shao Kahn gets away/defeats Onaga and comes back as Raiden has finished defeating everyone else on the mountain. Kahn defeats Raiden and Raiden sends a message to his former self before he dies. Taven is either dead or plotting for away to prevent Kahn taking over all the realms.

So randomly on the MK Wiki site, I stumbled upon a neat little tweet that ends this debate once and for all.

I was on Blaze's MK Wiki page and I noticed that it was written that Shao Kahn defeated him in Armageddon and there was a citation for that.

Sure enough, it was John Vogel's Twitter account that confirms Shao Kahn indeed being the one who killed Blaze. The original plan was for Taven to kill Blaze, as per Armageddon's Konquest mode, however that was retconned.

IMO, it's a shitty retcon and they could've easily explained that Taven defeating Blaze made the Kombatants stronger and godlike, as per his MK: Armageddon ending, but instead they went the easy route and had fans wondering wtf happened with the story.

Here's the link to the tweet:

https://twitter.com/K0MB4T/status/372539721937080320

So randomly on the MK Wiki site, I stumbled upon a neat little tweet that ends this debate once and for all.

I was on Blaze's MK Wiki page and I noticed that it was written that Shao Kahn defeated him in Armageddon and there was a citation for that.

Sure enough, it was John Vogel's Twitter account that confirms Shao Kahn indeed being the one who killed Blaze. The original plan was for Taven to kill Blaze, as per Armageddon's Konquest mode, however that was retconned.

IMO, it's a shitty retcon and they could've easily explained that Taven defeating Blaze made the Kombatants stronger and godlike, as per his MK: Armageddon ending, but instead they went the easy route and had fans wondering wtf happened with the story.

Here's the link to the tweet:

https://twitter.com/K0MB4T/status/372539721937080320

So Taven is dead and Kahn is insane.

if we go by what is canon now with mk 9 khan is the one who beat blaze and brought about armageddon. that's kinda what the entire game was about stopping khan from winning again.

if we go by what is canon now with mk 9 khan is the one who beat blaze and brought about armageddon. that's kinda what the entire game was about stopping khan from winning again.

Yeah, as per Vogel's tweet, this is all confirmed, but a part of me is itching to know HOW he defeated Blaze, like where was Taven, did Kahn kill him? If so, how did Kahn kill the son of an Elder God, etc.

As much as I want to know what really happened in Artmageddon too, it doesn't seem to matter after MK9, now that Armageddon (as we know it) has been averted and Raiden's amulet was completely healed.

So then what the hell happened to Taven? Its like his whole adventure in MKA was for nothing...they made him out to be this last hope and I guess he fails... -_-

And I wonder how Kahn found a way to escape Onaga and perhaps Kill him?

I hate when shit like this goes unanswered.

So then what the hell happened to Taven? Its like his whole adventure in MKA was for nothing...they made him out to be this last hope and I guess he fails... -_-

And I wonder how Kahn found a way to escape Onaga and perhaps Kill him?

I hate when shit like this goes unanswered.

Exactly what I'm saying, they took the easy route and its bugging the shit out of me, because I love the story of MK and know most of it from the top of my head. Loved the fact that each game flowed with each other, up until Armageddon, where out of nowhere after Deception, "the Kombatants bloodlust has gotten too strong and Armageddon is upon us". Like come on, explain some shit. And explain how Kahn managed to defeat Blaze, not down for speculation.

Exactly what I'm saying, they took the easy route and its bugging the shit out of me, because I love the story of MK and know most of it from the top of my head. Loved the fact that each game flowed with each other, up until Armageddon, where out of nowhere after Deception, "the Kombatants bloodlust has gotten too strong and Armageddon is upon us". Like come on, explain some shit. And explain how Kahn managed to defeat Blaze, not down for speculation.

Here is what I sustain that happened to Taven (Raiden beats Taven, but I use arguments for that): http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/16273-Taven?p=709279#post709279

Also, here is the answer by Vogel himself about Taven and Kahn:

vogel.png

I'm so glad you guys got as confused as I did with this major change.

Daegon or Scorpion probably defeated Taven. Makes sense with Daegon's experience if he trained day and night to defeat his little brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.