Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

  1. #21
    New Kombatant matthewaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    96
    Thanked: 7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    I don't think it specifichaly says that everyone else is dead. Or if Khan actually beat Blaze. It is what common sence implies however.

  2. #22
    TRMK Moderator Taj Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    B-Town, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,459
    Twitter
    @TheRiseOfTaj
    Xbox Live
    Th3 RiS3 Of TaJ
    Thanked: 1178
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    If you wanna go by Taven's arcade ending, I would assume that he defeated Blaze, Argus' plan backfired, everyone became godly and started killing each other, until there was Raiden and Shao Kahn left.

    Cue MK9...

    EDIT: Upon further investigation, the Konquest and Arcade endings of Taven are connected. In the Konquest ending, he said defeating Blaze did not kill the Kombatants, nor strip them of their power, but a THIRD, UNFORSEEN outcome. That is where the arcade ending comes into play.

    This makes the most logical sense for why Raiden and Kahn were the last one's standing at the top of the Pyramid.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Taj Gill For This Useful Post:


  4. #23
    Tarkatan Warrior Kuwabara16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    House on the left
    Age
    23
    Posts
    455
    PSN
    yuleopard
    Thanked: 73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Still makes you wonder about Taven... I don't think he'd get killed that easy

  5. #24
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,712
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Thanked: 4960
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    More than likely, it was Kahn's Armageddon ending that was taking place.


    Shao Kahn is seen in the MK9 opening, as he is about to kill Raiden, with a godly blazing aura around him. If Taven's ending were true, where all kombatants received the power boost, then Raiden would have had the aura around him too.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:


  7. #25
    Tarkatan Warrior Kuwabara16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    House on the left
    Age
    23
    Posts
    455
    PSN
    yuleopard
    Thanked: 73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Maybe Raiden had the aura before Kahn started stomping him all over the place. But that is only an assumption.

  8. #26
    TRMK Moderator Taj Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    B-Town, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,459
    Twitter
    @TheRiseOfTaj
    Xbox Live
    Th3 RiS3 Of TaJ
    Thanked: 1178
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabara16 View Post
    Still makes you wonder about Taven... I don't think he'd get killed that easy
    The ending said it made the Kombatants stronger, however it never mentioned him, so one can assume that he did not absorb Blaze's power.

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    More than likely, it was Kahn's Armageddon ending that was taking place.


    Shao Kahn is seen in the MK9 opening, as he is about to kill Raiden, with a godly blazing aura around him. If Taven's ending were true, where all kombatants received the power boost, then Raiden would have had the aura around him too.
    Could be possible, but since Armageddon's Konquest mode was considered canon, I'm sticking with my theory.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabara16 View Post
    Maybe Raiden had the aura before Kahn started stomping him all over the place. But that is only an assumption.
    Shao Kahn did not get the Aura until the end of the intro when he was about to smash Raiden's head in.

  9. #27
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,244
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2940
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Shao Kahn was shown in Armageddon being lifted away by the Dragon King.
    Maybe Shao Kahn defeated the Dragon King, and was the last person to get that aura.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:


  11. #28
    TRMK Moderator Taj Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    B-Town, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,459
    Twitter
    @TheRiseOfTaj
    Xbox Live
    Th3 RiS3 Of TaJ
    Thanked: 1178
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Araknyd_Commander View Post
    Shao Kahn was shown in Armageddon being lifted away by the Dragon King.
    Maybe Shao Kahn defeated the Dragon King, and was the last person to get that aura.
    Forgot about this, good point. Maybe he did defeat the Dragon King, and by the time he arrived back at the pyramid, a lot of the forces have been in battle/defeated or killed already, giving him a significant advantage.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Taj Gill For This Useful Post:


  13. #29
    Tarkatan Warrior Kuwabara16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    House on the left
    Age
    23
    Posts
    455
    PSN
    yuleopard
    Thanked: 73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    So Taven killed Baze, got ascension to full Godhood and the power flows through his armor and empowers all the kombatants. In the meantime Shao Kahn gets away/defeats Onaga and comes back as Raiden has finished defeating everyone else on the mountain. Kahn defeats Raiden and Raiden sends a message to his former self before he dies. Taven is either dead or plotting for away to prevent Kahn taking over all the realms.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuwabara16 For This Useful Post:


  15. #30
    TRMK Moderator Taj Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    B-Town, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,459
    Twitter
    @TheRiseOfTaj
    Xbox Live
    Th3 RiS3 Of TaJ
    Thanked: 1178
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    So randomly on the MK Wiki site, I stumbled upon a neat little tweet that ends this debate once and for all.

    I was on Blaze's MK Wiki page and I noticed that it was written that Shao Kahn defeated him in Armageddon and there was a citation for that.

    Sure enough, it was John Vogel's Twitter account that confirms Shao Kahn indeed being the one who killed Blaze. The original plan was for Taven to kill Blaze, as per Armageddon's Konquest mode, however that was retconned.

    IMO, it's a shitty retcon and they could've easily explained that Taven defeating Blaze made the Kombatants stronger and godlike, as per his MK: Armageddon ending, but instead they went the easy route and had fans wondering wtf happened with the story.

    Here's the link to the tweet:

    https://twitter.com/K0MB4T/status/372539721937080320

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Taj Gill For This Useful Post:


  17. #31
    Tarkatan Warrior Kuwabara16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    House on the left
    Age
    23
    Posts
    455
    PSN
    yuleopard
    Thanked: 73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taj Gill View Post
    So randomly on the MK Wiki site, I stumbled upon a neat little tweet that ends this debate once and for all.

    I was on Blaze's MK Wiki page and I noticed that it was written that Shao Kahn defeated him in Armageddon and there was a citation for that.

    Sure enough, it was John Vogel's Twitter account that confirms Shao Kahn indeed being the one who killed Blaze. The original plan was for Taven to kill Blaze, as per Armageddon's Konquest mode, however that was retconned.

    IMO, it's a shitty retcon and they could've easily explained that Taven defeating Blaze made the Kombatants stronger and godlike, as per his MK: Armageddon ending, but instead they went the easy route and had fans wondering wtf happened with the story.

    Here's the link to the tweet:

    https://twitter.com/K0MB4T/status/372539721937080320
    So Taven is dead and Kahn is insane.

  18. #32
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,754
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32
    Thanked: 177
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    if we go by what is canon now with mk 9 khan is the one who beat blaze and brought about armageddon. that's kinda what the entire game was about stopping khan from winning again.

  19. #33
    TRMK Moderator Taj Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    B-Town, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,459
    Twitter
    @TheRiseOfTaj
    Xbox Live
    Th3 RiS3 Of TaJ
    Thanked: 1178
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Quote Originally Posted by AMES32 View Post
    if we go by what is canon now with mk 9 khan is the one who beat blaze and brought about armageddon. that's kinda what the entire game was about stopping khan from winning again.
    Yeah, as per Vogel's tweet, this is all confirmed, but a part of me is itching to know HOW he defeated Blaze, like where was Taven, did Kahn kill him? If so, how did Kahn kill the son of an Elder God, etc.

  20. #34
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,244
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2940
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    As much as I want to know what really happened in Artmageddon too, it doesn't seem to matter after MK9, now that Armageddon (as we know it) has been averted and Raiden's amulet was completely healed.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:


  22. #35
    Kombatant Minh Giang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    Age
    26
    Posts
    114
    Twitter
    @ChristianDMG93
    Steam
    christiandmg
    Thanked: 38
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Vogel answered on Twitter that Shao Kahn killed Blaze.
    https://twitter.com/K0MB4T/status/372539721937080320

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Minh Giang For This Useful Post:


  24. #36
    Tarkatan Warrior Gouki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Shadows
    Age
    63
    Posts
    472
    Thanked: 71
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    So then what the hell happened to Taven? Its like his whole adventure in MKA was for nothing...they made him out to be this last hope and I guess he fails... -_-

    And I wonder how Kahn found a way to escape Onaga and perhaps Kill him?

    I hate when shit like this goes unanswered.

  25. #37
    TRMK Moderator Taj Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    B-Town, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,459
    Twitter
    @TheRiseOfTaj
    Xbox Live
    Th3 RiS3 Of TaJ
    Thanked: 1178
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    So then what the hell happened to Taven? Its like his whole adventure in MKA was for nothing...they made him out to be this last hope and I guess he fails... -_-

    And I wonder how Kahn found a way to escape Onaga and perhaps Kill him?

    I hate when shit like this goes unanswered.
    Exactly what I'm saying, they took the easy route and its bugging the shit out of me, because I love the story of MK and know most of it from the top of my head. Loved the fact that each game flowed with each other, up until Armageddon, where out of nowhere after Deception, "the Kombatants bloodlust has gotten too strong and Armageddon is upon us". Like come on, explain some shit. And explain how Kahn managed to defeat Blaze, not down for speculation.

  26. #38
    God of War Fanboy AMES32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rome
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,754
    Twitter
    @_Ames32_
    PSN
    Ames32
    Steam
    ames32
    Thanked: 177
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Taven was just a default generic stand in.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to AMES32 For This Useful Post:


  28. #39
    Special Forces Agent Yellow Ledbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,148
    PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Thanked: 788
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taj Gill View Post
    Exactly what I'm saying, they took the easy route and its bugging the shit out of me, because I love the story of MK and know most of it from the top of my head. Loved the fact that each game flowed with each other, up until Armageddon, where out of nowhere after Deception, "the Kombatants bloodlust has gotten too strong and Armageddon is upon us". Like come on, explain some shit. And explain how Kahn managed to defeat Blaze, not down for speculation.
    Here is what I sustain that happened to Taven (Raiden beats Taven, but I use arguments for that): http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthrea...279#post709279

    Also, here is the answer by Vogel himself about Taven and Kahn:

    vogel.png

    I'm so glad you guys got as confused as I did with this major change.

  29. #40
    Tarkatan Warrior Kuwabara16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    House on the left
    Age
    23
    Posts
    455
    PSN
    yuleopard
    Thanked: 73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So....who killed Blaze ? Shao Khan or taven?

    Daegon or Scorpion probably defeated Taven. Makes sense with Daegon's experience if he trained day and night to defeat his little brother.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cyber Shao Khan?!
    By Restorer in forum Spoilers, Leaks, and Rumors
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-03-2015, 07:44 PM
  2. The Three Shao Khan Challenge Help
    By Jered Jones in forum Challenge Tower, Krypt & Achievements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 10:13 PM
  3. beating shao khan
    By psn:camiluz in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 12:35 AM
  4. IF Shao Khan is playable
    By War Eagle in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 09:20 PM
  5. Who is better Shao Khan or Goro?
    By Janakan in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 01:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •