Michael Bay ruining the new TMNT movie?

C-Sword

teenagemutantninjaturtlim.jpg

A few days ago, a 15-second video emerged online. It shows producer Michael Bay standing before an audience in a suit, discussing his plans for a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film, to be directed by Jonathan Liebesman of Wrath of the Titans fame.

In the video, Bay says: "Kids are going to believe one day that these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

Everyone knows that the turtles came about because they were exposed to radioactive material as babies. They're mutants. They're quite definitively not aliens. They're called the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, not the Teenage Alien Race of Turtle-like Creatures Who Happen to Know Ninja.

Last edited:
Yes, read about this earlier, really wish someone would put Bay to rest forever. My childhood has been raped enough by Hollywood, Bay just makes it worse.

omg this movie is going to suck! its going to be full of explosions and stuff. i can already sense the fail. its not going to be the TMNT we all know and grew up with.

so maybe it's just me.

Yes. It is.

I can't stand Michael Bay. WHY!? ****ing aliens?! Bull shit. Y'know I would've been okay with him directing it if he didn't go the 'tough/edgy' route that everyone is going with.

Why aliens? Why?

Mutant is part of their name for****sake.. TeenageMUTANTNinjaTurtles.. Not TeenageEXTRATERRESTRIALNinjaTurtles. Stupid********.

Yes. It is.

I can't stand Michael Bay. WHY!? ****ing aliens?! Bull shit. Y'know I would've been okay with him directing it if he didn't go the 'tough/edgy' route that everyone is going with.

Why aliens? Why?

Mutant is part of their name for****sake.. TeenageMUTANTNinjaTurtles.. Not TeenageEXTRATERRESTRIALNinjaTurtles. Stupid********.

100% agree

I'm about as dissappointed as when I watched Resident Evil and Nemesis was a good guy.

**** THIS SHIT< THIS TAKES ME OVER THE EDGE.

seriously though **** this shit. i need to write a strongly worded letter to a few people.

I hope south park makes an episode about Michael bay raping the turtles.

"Kids are going to believe one day that these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

Kids

Kids

Nostalgia's dick? Get off it. Also, before anyone else cries childhood rape:

Michael "boom-boom/slo mo because I'm unoriginal" Bay may not be the best director, but I sincerely doubt he'll make a "bad" movie out of the TMNT...the series is already corny as shit. This was made to be directed by him. No seriously, actually think about it. This is probably the best thing to happen to the franchise...but then again I'm not hopping up and down on nostalgia, so maybe it's just me.

its probably you because lots of us were watching this before you were born. i remember watching tmnt2 at the theatre. im sure people born in the 90's and later wont see it as big of a deal as us older people that were watching the tmnt cartoon in the late 80's - early 90's and the first 3 movies.

I definetly think the whole Alien origin is a deal breaker, at least for us old school fans, There are some things they should keep even though this is a "re-imagining". A huge part of what makes the TMNT is the origin story, with the broken ooze bottle and Splinter. And that's another thing, if the Turtles are aliens where does Splinter fit in? I don't know, worst case scenario, we still got the 1990 original, which was surprisingly darker than the cartoons and actually closely follwed the original Eastman/Laird graphic novels. I'm still a huge fan of the original 80s comics and I really hope the studios make Bay at least stick with the mutant origin, as stated before, its MUTANT not ALIEN Ninja Turtles.

Yes, read about this earlier, really wish someone would put Bay to rest forever. My childhood has been raped enough by Hollywood, Bay just makes it worse.

[RANT]Why are people in Hollywood so ****ing stupid? There has not been one, and I mean one movie that remotely resembles any video game or cartoon franchise accurately![/RANT]

Yup. They sure are. I'm sure in their mind humanoid turtles makes more sense to be aliens than mutants, but that just goes against everything tmnt is. The ooze is the source of so much in the stories, well to the cartoon series anyways. And I want to say it just going to be Ninja Turtles from now on, and not Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This blows. Hard.

I'm sure if enough people rawr he might change his mind? doubtful though. Since his target audience seems to be kids who don't know TMNT that well....

I don't get the marketing strategy here. Why only aim for the young kids who don't know TMNT like we know it?

If you did it the CORRECT way, You'd get all of us 30 and younger year olds enjoying it(possibly older people). AND the kids would still like it...

I just don't understand pissing off half the fan base. That's a large portion of possible money gone.

toys and video games probably. focus on those where it is more profitable. The original fans may rebel, but they're kids will most likely want to watch that crap

toys and video games probably. focus on those where it is more profitable. The original fans may rebel, but they're kids will most likely want to watch that crap

Their kids would watch it as mutants also is my point. (IMO)

My point is, I think he could have the kids AND the adults.

But he chose to only target kids for no particular reason.

If he did mutants, kids would still watch. Kids would still want toys.

I completely agree, but maybe its his way of making it his own? I dunno. Can guess all day but will still keep scratching my head.

One of the things that makes me even madder about shit like this are the younger generation who never got to witness the awesomeness of the original so they see a ridiculous updated version that is NOTHING like the great show we once watched and they have a different perception of it. If they think it sucks, you're like 'kid, this is nothing like the show, at all. You have no idea.' If they think it's good, you get angry inside because IT ISN'T RIGHT, THEY ARE LIKING ********.

**** this.