help with mk2 strategy

So i just bought mk AK i remember back in the days of mk2 people used to jump into the computer Ai and walk them to the corner of the screen and walk n jump kick combo them.

can anyone advise how to do this trick?

they also call it hypnotize trick

All you do is jump then kick jump then kick. sometimes you might want to jump back then forward. I don't know what you mean but hey.

I find it funny how the thread title uses the word "strategy" and then he just asks how to use a cheap trick.

If you want to cheese your way through the MKII AI, just use Baraka and rely on the chop chop blades as soon as they just get in range. That will get you all the way to the bosses, and it's much more fulfilling than the crap you're talking about.

I find it funny how the thread title uses the word "strategy" and then he just asks how to use a cheap trick.

If you want to cheese your way through the MKII AI, just use Baraka and rely on the chop chop blades as soon as they just get in range. That will get you all the way to the bosses, and it's much more fulfilling than the crap you're talking about.

Im sorry but there is no other way than " cheesing" your way though MK2 to beat it. Ive not seen any videos of anyone resorting to some cheesey tactics to beat the game

Im sorry but there is no other way than " cheesing" your way though MK2 to beat it. Ive not seen any videos of anyone resorting to some cheesey tactics to beat the game

LOL I didn't technically argue against that point. Still, there are levels of cheese.

yea i saw this on youtube but it just has jax the hypnotize trick works with any player , do you guys know what i talking about?

see here

Walk the computer to the corner. Sometimes when you jump towards the
computer oppoenent, they will start to walk backwards. Keep walking
towards them until they reach the corner. When they do, walk back to a
good jump kick range. Wait for the computer to start to fire their
projectile, then jump in and do the combo of your choice.

If you jump in and the computer blocks, walk back a few steps then
jump away. If you jump back immediately, the computer will hit you
with a projectile or a straight up hop kick.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/564581-mortal-kombat-ii/faqs/718.

I tried this many times and didnt work especially against baraka and kitana they do their projectile all the time

i see there is a death punch strategy here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m18rKNrIsco

Please use the "edit post" button instead of making multiple posts in a row next time. Thanks.
-DCR, TRMK Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard of forcing the AI to walk backwards by moving or jumping towards it. Actually, I'm almost positive that that will never ever work in MK2. It could be possible in MK3 due to the way the AI mimics your movements at times, but in MK2? I don't think so.

On the other hand, jump kick abuse is very possible, and I use that strategy quite a bit. Basically, you need to start your jump from a certain distance from the opponent and time your kick just right, which will force the AI to, in most cases, attempt a projectile, which you'll knock them out of. It won't be that easy to explain the distance and the timing, though, so just experiment until you nail it.

And yeah, you can forget about trying to jump kick Baraka or Kitana; Baraka will pretty much always catch you in his blade fury and Kitana will pretty much always catch you in her fan lift. Against Baraka, however, it's possible to jump toward him from far enough away that his blade fury won't be able to hit you, which leaves him open to any projectile.

then i guess you have not been playing mk2 long then to see that trick , i am 100% sure it works ijust cant get it to, you jump into the AI and walk them down to the corner then walk back jump towards them and combo in the corner.

I know umk3 is easier to walk the computer .. but mk2 i am sure of that

Uh, no, I've been playing MK2 since 1993, thank you very much.

I don't really understand why you're so determined to get this to work when there are other perfectly reliable AI exploits, like the one Yuri posted above. If it does indeed work, are you sure it worked on the final revision 3.1 and not just one of the earlier ones?

that works in mk3 but not so much mk2.

in mk2 i usually pick scorpion.
my strat goes as follows.
let the opponent come to you. right when they go to attack, backflip. they will automatically flip forward and follow you. catch them with an aa spear, uppercut. then go into a jump kick. if it connects, wait a sec then back flip and repeat the aa spear uppercut then go back into the pattern. if they block, theyll usually try to counter with a projectile or standing high punches. from there a simple crouching uppercut will work, or bloc the attack then go back into the back flip pattern.

never go chasing the ai. let them come to you. crouch randomly and back away from them as they get closer. kind of like dash blocking, only reverse (and no blocking lol) as soon as theyre in range, throw a round house and follow that up with your jump kick pattern.

it's surprisingly easier than you think. simple patterns will beat the ai.

same goes for kintaro and kahn.
kintaro: jump kick jump kick jump kick. TIME YOUR KICK. dont press the button until you see that uppercut get released. he will eat the kick EVERY SINGLE TIME. if he blocks, most of the time he will go into his telestomp. a simple backflip will get you to safety. then throw the spear as soon as he lands, uppercut, etc.

as for kahn, just stand still and throw standing high kicks and round houses. measure your attack distance so you know when you foot will connect with his face. after the round house, follow up with a jump kick and go back into the standing hk/rh strat. spear when he taunts. theres no reason why you cant get a double flawless on either one of them.