Tekken x Street Fighter !

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/21/tekken-x-street-fighter-going-next-gen

Street Fighter X Tekken was quite bad, on-disc DLC, gems, recycled character models, lack of modes. There was so much controversy surrounding that game that we wondered how would Namco's version turn out. It has been a while since we got an update on that game, people have even started thinking that it might have been cancelled. Tekken producer recently mentioned via twitter that the game would most likely come out on next gen consoles. Is it a smart move? Are you hoping to get at least a slighty inferior port for the PS3 and 360?

Last edited:
I have hope that Tekken x Street Fighter will be better than SFxT. Capcom has gotten themselves a reputation for shady business practices as of late. I trust Namco will handle it better, and I doubt it will have any on disc DLC after the shitstorm that erupted from SFxT's on disk DLC. Either way I'll be looking out for news on this game.

Armor King
Feng
Dragunov
Zafina
Alex

I'm REALLY surprised to see that Zafina has more votes than King and Armor King.

Siliconera recently asked Katsuhiro Harada some questions about the highly anticipated crossover, Tekken X Street Fighter. It's been nearly 3 years since Harada-san announced the development of Tekken X SF, and it's most certainly still in the plans. Since the announcement, Harada & Namco have been very secretive about the project, and are waiting for the "right time" to release the game. Check out the full interview below.

Siliconera: What's going on with Tekken X Street Fighter?

"We will say first off that the game is still in development, so you don't need to worry about that. There are several reasons why we haven't released any updates. One of the reasons is, Street Fighter X Tekken was released. That still had updates until recently. One interesting thing we've seen with that title when it came out was that it's not quite what we expected," Harada said speaking to Siliconera.

"It was not just Tekken fans and Street Fighter fans merging, there seems to be a whole new community growing around that title that wasn't playing either of the titles up until that point. That was very unexpected, but quite cool. It's something we want to take care and grow. Rather than throw out our title right away while those people are still interested in [Street Fighter X Tekken] we are looking for the right time because we are still developing [Tekken X Street Fighter].

In an earlier interview with Siliconera, Harada explained Tekken X Street Fighter will use Tekken's tried-and-true Limb system (one button corresponding to each limb). Harada also mentioned that TK X SF will be more "Tekken-like" and gave the example that Ryu will have more "close-up" techniques, but can still throw fireballs. Siliconera asked Harada if he could give additional details about the gameplay and if the roster has been decided. Harada replied:

"We are making progress, but everything is secret so we can't say anything about that," Harada laughed.

Tekken:
ANNA Williams
Nina Williams
Xiaoyu
Lili
Unknown

Street Fighter:
Cammy
Sakura
Ibuki
JULI
Rose

Akuma better be in.

In other words Akuma or GTFO

I voted for on Tekken side:

Jinpachi
Kazuya
Asuka
Marshall Law
Lei Fulong

On Street Fighter side:

Akuma
Gill
Juri
Yun
Urien

Last edited:
The characters I want in are:

Tekken:
Lee
Wang
Jin
Steve
Dragunov

SF:
Juri
Guile
Guy
Dudley
Rose

Tekken: Alisa, Kunimitsu, Roger Jr., Alex & Mokujin.

Street Fighter: Crimson Viper, Makoto, Ibuki, Maki & Ingrid.

TK:

Paul
Asuka
Julia
Miguel
King

SF

Bison
Dan
Balrog
Cody
Q

I forgot to vote for Abel ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Wait hold on! There's going to be a trailer tomorrow!?!?!?

Well, the schedule says "Announcement from Harada-san... Greeting from Ono-san."

So, I presume so. I don't know. Hope C-sword answers so I can get hype.

To HELL with ANY variation of an SF/Tekken crossover, ESPECIALLY after the scandal that happened the first time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

To HELL with ANY variation of an SF/Tekken crossover, ESPECIALLY after the scandal that happened the first time!

It's made by a completely different company, so you can't really judge it off SFxT.

Namco aren't known for being DLC whores like capcom; TTT2 was a very complete experience, so I have faith that TxSF will be, too.

It's made by a completely different company, so you can't really judge it off SFxT.

Namco aren't known for being DLC whores like capcom; TTT2 was a very complete experience, so I have faith that TxSF will be, too.
Given Capcom's track record as of late, they are capable of forcing Namco into the same DLC practices as a condition for using the SF license. Have you seen how far Capcom's BBB rating has fallen since the first SF/Tekken crossover? It was A+ at the time of SFxT's release. Today, it's a big fat F.