How do I beat Raiden?

BlackAttackPro

Hey everyone

I just cant beat raiden. I try everything but he just owns me all the time online. I just hate his flying into me attack and that teleport.
They are so fast I just cant catch him. So how do I beat him? If it helps I use Reptile, Milleena and am getting used to sektor.

Game Genie or Action Replay :)

Ive no idea I rarely see them online. I usually have a less success rate when my opponent reads my teleports and jumps away. Id also try fuzzy blocking when at close range as Raidens back+3,1,2 and 3,3,4 have lows and mid attacks in them meaning they can break your low blocks and hit overhead etc which can be hard to judge which height to block.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mk9-fuzzy-guard.9732/

(An thread on it and i recommend the site in general for play tips and strategies. The guides and tournament play videos have helped my game alot i recommend)

Im not awesome at the game but im practiced, i would probably take on Raidens and study what they do and why your loosing. I dont think there is one set way to beat human foes as there would be no point in playing the game, but there are things players will always attempt to do. Id try your best to try and learn what they are doing and what tools your character has to beat them.
Is there any EX specials you can do with armor that you can use? Try blocking? Dash back when he teleports?

I would just practice dude. If you keep loosing at a Raiden player dont get mad and quit, keep playing him until you learn what hes doing and what your doing wrong. Chances are you will end up beating him a few times.

Block the Superman Fly and than punish. Simple as that.

No, it's not that simple.

Some basic tips would be just to look at his normal strings, people usually do the same ones. Also take note of what they generally do after a teleport. Some people teleport then grab, some teleport then sweep, etc. People usually have a pattern. When they teleport, you can jump towards them and attack with any character. You could also crouch and poke them after the teleport. With Reptile you could do his BF2 dash right after the teleport, or a slide. I'm pretty sure that with Sektor his up missile has a little tracking so it might track him even after the teleport, if timed right. and of course the EX up missile will track him always.

Personally, I use Kabal against Raiden. Kabal has the fastest sweep in the game I believe, which is great against Raiden's teleport. EX Nomad Dash is also good against Raiden players.

Solution for ps3:

102_0972.jpg

Solution for Xbox:

Hit this button

360-power-button.jpg

Or you could follow IR's tips