Skullgirls

I didn't care too much about this game at first, because of the art style, the recent gameplay videos made me change my mind, Valentine looks like one bad ass character, hearing her say ''the doctor will see you now'' during her victory pose had me rolling.

It's nice to see indie developers getting into the fighting genre. Hopefully, Gilden Tide turns out good too.

The art hurts me too much to give it a shot, And this is coming from a guy who plays Super Smash Brothers Melee, where half the cast looks retarded and out of place.

I'm still willing to give it a shot, but not throwing my money at it "for a shot" so until I run into the game to mess around for free(to entice me to buy), I'm not picking this up.

It was announced earlier today that the final Skullgirls launch character is set to be revealed later this week on Gametrailers TV. The show is set to air this Thursday night/Friday morning at 10 PM PST, 1 AM EST on Spike. It should also be live on the Gametrailers website soon after. Check out the promo below, and let us know in the comments which unreleased character you would like to see make the roster.

Like Critical-Limit said, I'm not really digging the art style.

It looks like something you'd watch on Cartoon Network.

And the only character that interests me is Valentine :/

That was beautiful. The animations are great but the back grounds seem to be a little lack luster. Either way gameplay looks real fun. Any idea on the pricing?

Its a downloadable so it's probably going to be $15.

if that double character is playable online than I am definitely not getting this game

Lol she is playable online don't get the game. Why do you hate Double so much she looks awesome!?

if that double character is playable online than I am definitely not getting this game

I have to agree. What the **** was going on in the latter half of that first fight? Double was down to pretty much 1/2 hp and it just smashed the opponents. Almost completely won. Looks a bit... O.p.

Damn double you scarier than painwheel:afraid:

this game is gettin better and better by the pixals can't wait till this comes out

(when they get a release date -_-)

Arakune was my main in BB so that is why I am interested in Double. But what is her story? Is she just all the characters mish-mashed into one disgusting fighter?

judging from the last panel in the story trailer she may be a servant of the skullgirl like valentine she may be a miniboss

Arakune was my main in BB so that is why I am interested in Double. But what is her story? Is she just all the characters mish-mashed into one disgusting fighter?

Double’s origins are a complete mystery. Seemingly without a will or motive of its own, this formless monster aids the Skullgirl.

Double is capable of transforming its nightmarish form into that of any person, but often appears as a smiling nun. It can frequently be found in the Grand Cathedral of the Divine Trinity, listening to confessions and attending to the catacombs beneath.

SG_Double_portrait.jpg

I have to agree. What the **** was going on in the latter half of that first fight? Double was down to pretty much 1/2 hp and it just smashed the opponents. Almost completely won. Looks a bit... O.p.

To be fair, the players have the option to choose either a powerful single character or a team of weaker characters. Single characters trade lack of versatility of tag team for an HP and attack boost.

Personally, mishmash type of characters tend to give me a bad first impression. To me, it seems like an excuse to recycle sprites or animation and call it a new character.

Last edited: