Skullgirls

So maining Pea****. Deciding on a second, really liking Filia, she feels natural. But I will check out Valentine next.

Noticed a couple references...

Pea****'s walking bomb is called 'George's Day Out' referencing Rachel's King George electrifying frog in BB. Also I was playing against Valentine when the game timed out and she blew up with her bones all over the floor. But like 5 rib cages, 4 heads, 18 femurs...obvious UMK3 reference lol.

Last edited:
Actually, George (and Lenny) is a reference to old American cartoons such as Looney Tunes, many which have paid homage to John Steinback's "Of Mice and Men".

Edit:
A little related trivia... The bombs were named formerly named Little Boy and Fat Man, as seen in this video. Due to the implication and wanting to avoid backlash, Reverge Labs ultimately changed the names in the final version.

Last edited:
I'm maining Ms Fortune right now but I'm also playing Pea****. I think I might beat all of the stories before I start really playing the game.

At this point, I prefer single or 2-character teams.

I have dabbled into Cerebella. While still slow overall, I like the fact she has moves that give her armor or extra mobility to close-in on an opponent.

Also tried out Parasoul. A lot of her normals and command moves have great range. Unfortunately, I'm having a lot of trouble with controlling the placement of the napalm tears.

Last edited:
I beat all of the story mode things last night and I have to say that every damn character in this game is extremely interesting it's going to be hard to pick three for a team! There isn't a single character I don't want to play as! That said the tutorial mode was extremely helpful not only helping me learn this game but I believe that the tutorial mode could be used for learning how to play any 2d fighting game. The training mode is also amazing showing hitboxes is the best thing since sliced bread for fighting games! I hope hitboxes in training and the great tutorial mode become a standard in fighting games.

At this point, I prefer single or 2-character teams.

I have dabbled into Cerebella. While still slow overall, I like the fact she has moves that give her armor or extra mobility to close-in on an opponent.

Also tried out Parasoul. A lot of her normals and command moves have great range. Unfortunately, I'm having a lot of trouble with controlling the placement of the napalm tears.

I am maining Parasoul too. Why not just use her Napalm Toss?

Edit: I hated the tutorial mode. If I want to learn some 12 hit combo with a character, I will go do that in training mode. It took me an hour to do some of those because I just really didnt care about Filia or Cerebella. But the rest of it was helpful.

I am maining Parasoul too. Why not just use her Napalm Toss?

Well, I'm more like considering Parasoul as an alternative character outside of Filia, Cerebella, and Pea****.

With Napalm Toss, you can have some control over of its placement of the tears. As far as I understand, the strength of the button and how long you hold it determines the where on the screen they will be set. Where I struggle is consistently getting them in the desired position, especially when trying to set 3 in a formation.

Last edited:
Things on my mind about this game.....Statements and questions.....

~I suck at combos but not that much I will live. The combo system in this game is fun and not overly challenging. I just need to work on air dashing and dashing in general. Also spacing.

~Out of all of the characters I had the hardest time playing with Parasoul. I like her play style but I suck at it. Maybe once I learn the game more I'll like her but until then I think I'm going to keep away. But maybe not because I usual love charge characters.

~I really like the characters alt colors I just wish I knew how to unlock the last 2 !

~I can do 3898 damage without meter with Ms Fortune what have you guys found combo wise?

~I know it's only the first week of the game but throws seem really good. They recover fast, they can lead into huge combos, and they can't be crouch teched.

~Any one else having trouble moving ? I seem to forget I have a double jump and air dash when I'm in an actual fight.

~I wish MK9 had push blocking (yeah I'm looking at you Kabal!)

~Hows the online?